Official Jon Gruden Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK; I'm back. Went over to the football forum for a bit. That place is insane. There are still people defending Dooley and screaming for him to have another year. I can't even imagine.

Freak may have to split VolNation into the John Gruden VolNation and the "those-with-an-IQ-below 47 VolNation." SMDH.

I made the same mistake myself last week. Them peoples crazy!

If we keep Dooley, this will be a reoccuring theme every year.. lose out for the entire month of October.. win 3 out of 4 in November. 6-6 7-5 and the occasional 8-4 at best. Rinse. Wash. Repeat. That's not acceptable IMO.

It was just an inside joke between Hoh a d myself. Every time he says the ink is wet, I reply the page is dry.

That's not very nice. There are 3k of us that believed you. 2k ran around in circles and cheered, 1k screamed like a little girl, and 10 people peed their pants.

Thanks.

Sounds to me like Gruden would most definitley help. However, if they don't get it right between the University and Athletic Department we are going to be in for another decade of dissapointment. I can't understate the importance of a degree today in our culture if you are middle class or lower class. I am for Academics. Yet, I am an advocate for Athletics as well. And it is starting to cost money with UT being unsuccessful. There has to be a healthy balance between both. To me there has to be higher demand for academics than sports. People are going to grind to pay that tuition, but if we are not winning no one will come to games. If this is the case you should put more money towards Athletics. It sounds like when Doug Dickey and Johnson left we started going downhill. This is a big issue that has to be resolved.

This is why NO ONE wanted the job when Dooley took it.

Kiffin was irate at the admission policy - it was completely handcuffing him on what he wanted to get done.

No top level coach would want to or even could be successful with how it was/still partially is.

Hart is making strides to change it. Either the pres is on board or he is out - most would like to see him out.

But trust me when I say that this is an issue.

Not quite. If he doesn't see eye to eye with Hart and the Football coach - not talking specifically Cheek here, but any university president.

If they choose to keep admission standards too high to be competitive on the academic side without thinking about the fallout that will have on the athletic side of the equation - the money side - then it still becomes a problem.

And no coach wants to work in that environment.

If Dooley gets another year, then Hart needs to be fired along with Jim Cheek..Next season will be yet another dumpster fire:furious3:

This is why NO ONE wanted the job when Dooley took it.

Kiffin was irate at the admission policy - it was completely handcuffing him on what he wanted to get done.

No top level coach would want to or even could be successful with how it was/still partially is.

Hart is making strides to change it. Either the pres is on board or he is out - most would like to see him out.

But trust me when I say that this is an issue.

This guy wants us to be a top research institution and make it impossible for in-state kids to get in school there

Reactions: 1 person
Not quite. If he doesn't see eye to eye with Hart and the Football coach - not talking specifically Cheek here, but any university president.

If they choose to keep admission standards too high to be competitive on the academic side without thinking about the fallout that will have on the athletic side of the equation - the money side - then it still becomes a problem.

And no coach wants to work in that environment.

SBV, do you still believe CJG will be the next coach at the University of Tennessee?

Have you heard anything new to further confirm/deny this position?

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back