Official Jon Gruden Thread 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you admit that you would have preferred a gruden,Patterson, peterson or another big name. Would that not have been great? Would that not have been what you thought this university would have done after all you have put into this program? Would this hire excited you when we fire butch? Good luck, not even going to bother reading the rest of talks garbage. Boomer sooner. I'm out

Gruden? No absolutely not. The facts are Pruitt is a much more proven college coach and an excellent recruiter. Patterson, Petersen, for sure. But the fact is these guys obviously didn’t wanna come here. You can’t force someone here and you gotta realize that. The Gruden nonsense was exactly just that, nonsense. People chose to let emotion make them believe it was an option. It obviously wasn’t. Promos and all that dude prob makes 10 mil or more a year with a Cush job in a box commentating a few games a year. People honestly thought he was giving that up for 6-8 mil a year and the constant stress and travel of a college coach? I’m a realist and knew it wasn’t an option. Sure being a realist doesn’t give me great Gruden fantasies but I do usually see things a mike away, including this one.

If there were great proven HCs beating down the door to get here, I’d be really pissed. Since there isn’t, I think we got one of the best other options in Pruitt.

I can’t wait for the game threads start next year... Every time we have a bad play I’m gonna tell everyone what Gruden would have done instead. It’s gonna make people so mad, I can’t wait.

Reactions: 4 people
It would be fun to see what Gruden could do and to see the nation's reaction to us actually landing him but it would have been a big risk. We may be better off with proven SEC recruiters that have been actually coaching.

Not Gruden related but I thought you guys and girls (Sara) would like to know this.. There was not one member of the Haslam family at the press conference tonight.

Everyone deserves a pat on the back for their efforts to uproot that toxic family

Reactions: 12 people
It's time to put the ol' girl down

Screen%20Shot%202014-09-25%20at%202.50.03%20PM.img_assist_custom-480x207.png

:good!:

Attachments

• 2402D4B1-E5D1-40E2-95A9-87892081DB9D.jpg
    2402D4B1-E5D1-40E2-95A9-87892081DB9D.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 4
  • AA4CAE2A-3F5A-47FE-8D57-D08FD87E1BB5.gif
    AA4CAE2A-3F5A-47FE-8D57-D08FD87E1BB5.gif
    2 MB · Views: 435
Reactions: 1 person
Evening from Borger, TX....How'd the new guy do in the press conference today? I'd rather hear it from fans perspective then media. Besides, I can read the newspaper when I get back to K-town tomorrow night.

I thought he did really well. He's confident, fiery, he wants to be here, passionate, and has a sense of humor. He pretty much said it's time to quit talking about what goals we want to achieve and instead just work hard and actually achieve them but it takes everyone from players/coaches, fans, admin, students, even to the maintenance department to have a positive energy. I like the guy so here's to hoping he can have success here.

I liked his speaking. Straight and to the point. What we need at this point. I think he will call a spade a spade. No more life champions or bricks.

I know he's not Gruden. But who else is excited after watching his press conference?

We all have lots of love for Gruden, it would have been a dream hire, like before he is the hot momma that got away.

Maybe he is not what we needed at the moment....Not what he wanted....In a way, he trolled us, we trolled ourselves also...

Enough blame to go around for this Coaching Search

Administration Hires Beav and Currie (inept)

The Covering up and the lingering - non firing of CBJ after GA (damage due to ineptness)

Haslam's hold on UTAD with money and control

The Booster Civil War

The fanbase finally stating we are not going to take anymore hires that don't meet some standard...No More Mediocrity.

Fulmer in rush to decision and although not Gruden...I cant wait for CJP to put his product on the field....Fix the trenches and the other parts will fall into place....

It's going to be A'ight....

Now there are two Gruden related threads at the top of the page everyday. I think Gruden rents more space in the heads of haters than fans...

Reactions: 2 people
Well...it was entertaining and sometimes fun, while it lasted...but now we can finally, mercifully, and thankfully put the Grumors to rest. There won't be a "three-peat" of this thread down the road, at any future point. If we've learned one thing, it's that that ship has sailed.

Like many, I got sucked over the waterfall. I really, honestly thought he was in play. Maybe he was...maybe he wasn't. Maybe someday we'll know the whole story, and maybe never. One thought for you, Jon: If you were never seriously interested, you should have said so. You owed us that. I'll leave it there.

For Butch Jones, it's back to his natural altitude, which is probably somewhere between a directional Michigan school and something north of the Mason-Dixon Line. Nothing personal, Butch, but you're just not cut out for the demands or scrutiny of southern football.

For John Currie, it's anywhere but here. You're right up there with General Sherman for "Most amount of damage to Tennessee in the shortest amount of time." You're not in Kansas anymore, and that's a shame.

Finally, for Coach Pruitt...his staff...Team 122...and most importantly Vol Nation...

It's time to Come Together.

Go Vols.

Good post, GreyWolf

I know he's not Gruden. But who else is excited after watching his press conference?

I AM. I'm a spec in the realm of things at UT. Had season tickets for years. Donation plus 4 tickets in N section 30-33. Donation aside and my points took a hit when my son played high school ball on Friday's in Alabama. He has since moved on to DivIII ball to play and my Saturday's are reserved for him. But my love for UT will never faulter in the least bit.

I totally rededicated my life and UT doesn't envelope my life the way it use to, but I love my program, school, and it's my passion behind God, family, golf, and friends.

I have so enjoyed reading the replies here and getting to know some of you and feel like I'm to the better/worse for it but it's been a fun ride. Times are scaling up and I for one have to take a little sigh that we have a true college football coach instead of a pipe dream.

I would have loved to see Gruden at the podium but never really thought this was going to happen but I enjoyed the ride. I just want all to back the new coach and get into the dreams he's selling. If it works out we have a program on the rise. If not I guess the grumors will start again and I'll tune in to see everything you wonderful posters have to say! Thanks for everything you guys brought to the board!

Sorry for the length! Please accept my apologizes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Wonder if Gruden will let Coach Pruit and staff use his jet that the boosters bought for him? Seem the least he could do. Would really help in recruiting.

Reactions: 8 people
Wonder if Gruden will let Coach Pruit and staff use his jet that the boosters bought for him? Seem the least he could do. Would really help in recruiting.

Ha! How do such outlandish rumors get spread? Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back