Official Jon Gruden Thread 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a good Doc Holiday, but Val Kilmer performed that role like has never been before nor will it ever be topped.

Agreed, don't really care for Val Kilmer's body of work but he earned my utmost respect for this role. He identified with this role on some level and knocked it out of the park.

That performance resulted in me reading many books on Doc Holiday. Very interesting person.

Gruden sighted at Cherokee Country Club. Maybe it isn’t over yet, folks. Soon!

1zcykf

Attachments

• 4D358887-78C8-42B4-9D5B-84CA63DD4A4F.gif
    4D358887-78C8-42B4-9D5B-84CA63DD4A4F.gif
    414.4 KB · Views: 474
Reactions: 5 people
We kept this thread alive for so long, hate to see it dying like this, almost like losing a friend.

Reactions: 2 people
I wanted Gruden as much as anybody. I agreed with every positive about him that that was discussed. But, I do have a question for all of the "fans" who are now "out":

Are you going to stay out? You have to at least consider the possibility that Pruitt will win. Personally, I think he has a pretty good chance. I also think he'll have tough, edgy teams that will be fun to watch.

So, are you out for good? I hope so. I can't stand a fair weather fan.

Hell yeah. Hope these people don’t come back. It could have ended much worse. So sick of the he’s not even a head coach crap. Look around. Lots of once coordinators are doing great. Sure, I’d of loved a proven huge name, but the realistic ones of us knew it wasn't happening. Sure it has its risks and it sucks but we are where we are. This is much better than our past few hires and I will give it a shot. He’s a top recruiter and a proven top recruiter. So many people set themselves up for failure with this hire. It was never Gruden but people bought into the liars playing with our fans emotions. The “insiders”. Hate Bama all you want but Saban obviously surrounds himself with people capable of the job.

Sure he’s a Bama boy, it’s not ideal. But the people saying we’re doomed for another 5 years should just go cheer for a winning program. The real fans will be here to see it through. I mean how many Tennessee boy names could you have given me that are better than this hire? Don’t spout off tee either cause he’s light years behind the Pruitt resume. Other teams see thus as a legit hire, not sure why our fans can’t see it, or at least give it a chance. I have no doubt we improve in a hurry. But let’s be realistic, it’s gonna be a bumpy few years putting the pieces back together no matter who the coach was.

For the true fans, I’ll be here with you the next few years to hopefully see this program return to relativity. It’s been a rough few weeks, I’m ready to get positive and get behind our coach and team. You don’t become a part of possibly 4 national championships by chance. I’m proud of us uniting to keep a bad coach out, now let’s unite to give a damn good coordinator a chance at this rebuild.

IMO, part of the problem was people took a rumor and automatically accepted it as gospel.

See Gruden buying a house in Knoxville. See Gruden becoming a member at Cherokee. Many posters fully bought in which only makes the crash that much worse.

My hope was 100%. My belief was 0-25%...just knowing the UTAD. Did I buy into the VC, Academia, Illuminati BS, no! UT was simply trying to hire a football coach.

I'm still trying to figure out what intel was actually brought on the Gruden front. Other than him not being the coach at UT, what else is there that's accurate?

Reactions: 1 person
Evening from Borger, TX....How'd the new guy do in the press conference today? I'd rather hear it from fans perspective then media. Besides, I can read the newspaper when I get back to K-town tomorrow night.

IMO, part of the problem was people took a rumor and automatically accepted it as gospel.

See Gruden buying a house in Knoxville. See Gruden becoming a member at Cherokee. Many posters fully bought in which only makes the crash that much worse.

My hope was 100%. My belief was 0-25%...just knowing the UTAD. Did I buy into the VC, Academia, Illuminati BS, no! UT was simply trying to hire a football coach.

I'm still trying to figure out what intel was actually brought on the Gruden front. Other than him not being the coach at UT, what else is there that's accurate?

Maybe 5% of it. If that.

Hell yeah. Hope these people don’t come back. It could have ended much worse. So sick of the he’s not even a head coach crap. Look around. Lots of once coordinators are doing great. Sure, I’d of loved a proven huge name, but the realistic ones of us knew it wasn't happening. Sure it has its risks and it sucks but we are where we are. This is much better than our past few hires and I will give it a shot. He’s a top recruiter and a proven top recruiter. So many people set themselves up for failure with this hire. It was never Gruden but people bought into the liars playing with our fans emotions. The “insiders”. Hate Bama all you want but Saban obviously surrounds himself with people capable of the job.

Sure he’s a Bama boy, it’s not ideal. But the people saying we’re doomed for another 5 years should just go cheer for a winning program. The real fans will be here to see it through. I mean how many Tennessee boy names could you have given me that are better than this hire? Don’t spout off tee either cause he’s light years behind the Pruitt resume. Other teams see thus as a legit hire, not sure why our fans can’t see it, or at least give it a chance. I have no doubt we improve in a hurry. But let’s be realistic, it’s gonna be a bumpy few years putting the pieces back together no matter who the coach was.

For the true fans, I’ll be here with you the next few years to hopefully see this program return to relativity. It’s been a rough few weeks, I’m ready to get positive and get behind our coach and team. You don’t become a part of possibly 4 national championships by chance. I’m proud of us uniting to keep a bad coach out, now let’s unite to give a damn good coordinator a chance at this rebuild.

So you admit that you would have preferred a gruden,Patterson, peterson or another big name. Would that not have been great? Would that not have been what you thought this university would have done after all you have put into this program? Would this hire excited you when we fire butch? Good luck, not even going to bother reading the rest of talks garbage. Boomer sooner. I'm out

Hopefully after that presser, we can all get along and cheer for this coach and team. How can you not like the guy after that?

Everything up until this point is water under the bridge as far as I’m concerned. Just happy to have a coach that wants to be here and that cares. Go Vols!

ThanK you Freak. Good to see all Ads. Hope you're being paid well. You deserve to be. Good night and God speed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back