Official Jon Gruden Thread 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had another screen name, you obviously were embarrassed by it and had to create another one.

Me? I own my ****. Haven't changed, won't get an alter and never will.

Otherwise, continue thinking you're making a damn bit of difference by continuing to speak to people in this thread that, frankly, don't give a **** about your opinion. Dozens of other threads out there for you to inhabit, but you feel the need to stick around in this one and run your mouth. Hope it makes you feel all happy inside.

GV what's up? I'd just leave that boy alone and let him go back to choking his choad.

source.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Like saltines in the boxing ring, trying to teach a swordfish to ride a bike, and theyve got matching tattoos of a ballerina with snakes coming out of her empty eye sockets. Right?

Hey ape. It's a moonshine kind a day here in friendsville. Colder than a witches titty.

Well...it was entertaining and sometimes fun, while it lasted...but now we can finally, mercifully, and thankfully put the Grumors to rest. There won't be a "three-peat" of this thread down the road, at any future point. If we've learned one thing, it's that that ship has sailed.

Like many, I got sucked over the waterfall. I really, honestly thought he was in play. Maybe he was...maybe he wasn't. Maybe someday we'll know the whole story, and maybe never. One thought for you, Jon: If you were never seriously interested, you should have said so. You owed us that. I'll leave it there.

For Butch Jones, it's back to his natural altitude, which is probably somewhere between a directional Michigan school and something north of the Mason-Dixon Line. Nothing personal, Butch, but you're just not cut out for the demands or scrutiny of southern football.

For John Currie, it's anywhere but here. You're right up there with General Sherman for "Most amount of damage to Tennessee in the shortest amount of time." You're not in Kansas anymore, and that's a shame.

Finally, for Coach Pruitt...his staff...Team 122...and most importantly Vol Nation...

It's time to Come Together.

Go Vols.

Reactions: 4 people
Well...it was entertaining and sometimes fun, while it lasted...but now we can finally, mercifully, and thankfully put the Grumors to rest. There won't be a "three-peat" of this thread down the road, at any future point. If we've learned one thing, it's that that ship has sailed.

Like many, I got sucked over the waterfall. I really, honestly thought he was in play. Maybe he was...maybe he wasn't. Maybe someday we'll know the whole story, and maybe never. One thought for you, Jon: If you were never seriously interested, you should have said so. You owed us that. I'll leave it there.

For Butch Jones, it's back to his natural altitude, which is probably somewhere between a directional Michigan school and something north of the Mason-Dixon Line. Nothing personal, Butch, but you're just not cut out for the demands or scrutiny of southern football.

For John Currie, it's anywhere but here. You're right up there with General Sherman for "Most amount of damage to Tennessee in the shortest amount of time." You're not in Kansas anymore, and that's a shame.

Finally, for Coach Pruitt...his staff...Team 122...and most importantly Vol Nation...

It's time to Come Together.

Go Vols.

We'll see about that.

Not by the usual suspects, that is.

Just not true. In four or five years if we find ourselves hiring a new coach, you will find Gruden being mentioned as the savior even though he will not have coached in going on a second decade at that time. You will indeed find some of the same ones who fell for the Gruden fantasy not once but twice, falling for it thrice. It's like being part of the My Little Pony Fantasy Club, it's just bigger than they are, they enjoy it.

Reactions: 3 people
If you had another screen name, you obviously were embarrassed by it and had to create another one.

"Are you a lawman, Wyatt Earp? You are not wearing a badge, are you ashamed of your profession? I myself was a dentist, I was proud to be a dentist, and I did not hide the fact I was a dentist...."

Yeah, I’m sorry. But the “gtfo” and “stfu” comments to people having the gall to post that Gruden probably isnt coming is going to have some blowback. Making lists and what not is just stupid and asking to get called out after the fact.

If the usual suspects start another one of these in a few years they should fully expect to get ridiculed and skewered for it. The pot stirrers and trolls should be blacklisted the next go around. It’s not happening and never was and never will. It a fun thought, but we need to live in reality.

Reactions: 4 people
I said I’d stay in here until the PC

It’s just a few a minutes away

I had a great time in here minus the trolls

Make sure someone turns the lights out

GO VOLS!

It's been a blast. a lot of ups and downs, but you guys made it enjoyable. We will probably be back here in another coaching search in 5 years. If Pruitt has any success at all at Tennessee, he will bolt to Bama as soon as Saban retires. If he doesn't have success, well, like I said, we ill be right back here anyways. As far as Gruden goes, good riddance. No more will he be considered for the TN HC job. Thanks for the laughs guys. It's been fun. I will check back from time to time to see how recruiting is going. God bless each one of you guys! GO VOLS! :)

Yeah, I’m sorry. But the “gtfo” and “stfu” comments to people having the gall to post that Gruden probably isnt coming is going to have some blowback. Making lists and what not is just stupid and asking to get called out after the fact.

If the usual suspects start another one of these in a few years they should fully expect to get ridiculed and skewered for it. The pot stirrers and trolls should be blacklisted the next go around. It’s not happening and never was and never will. It a fun thought, but we need to live in reality.

Talk to Freak about that ish. He's the one the spelled out the guidelines. When the gtfo's got too much he reeled that in and it stop, for the most part.

I'm sure he'd be open to your suggestions....

"Are you a lawman, Wyatt Earp? You are not wearing a badge, are you ashamed of your profession? I myself was a dentist, I was proud to be a dentist, and I did not hide the fact I was a dentist...."

He was a good Doc Holiday, but Val Kilmer performed that role like has never been before nor will it ever be topped.

Reactions: 2 people
Talk to Freak about that ish. He's the one the spelled out the guidelines. When the gtfo's got too much he reeled that in and it stop, for the most part.

Freak runs this how he wants and does a great job. I’m just stating my opinion, fwiw, which isn’t much. I had some fun in here on some off topic stuff, but I thought some of the clownery in here and taking the troll stuff as legit got out of hand. It reflected badly on us as a fanbase. We were a laughing stock with some of this.

Freak runs this how he wants and does a great job. I’m just stating my opinion, fwiw, which isn’t much. I had some fun in here on some off topic stuff, but I thought some of the clownery in here and taking the troll stuff as legit got out of hand. It reflected badly on us as a fanbase. We were a laughing stock with some of this.

So what?

Reactions: 2 people

I hope he does, and I hope Freak tells him to STFU and GTFO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back