Official Jon Gruden Thread 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those were the good ole days. I joined that site in 1995 and I still miss it. I lived in Memphis for a very long time and I did get to attend one of TennStud's famous game day parties. Great times. I hope he's looking down on us when all this is finalized. He'll have the best seat in the house for all the home games :yes::yes::yes:

My memory is failing me. Who was the Memphis guy on Gridscape (in his 70's at the time) who traveled to almost Vol game with his lovely wife, active poster, was a teacher or administrator at Rhodes College?
I was hoping to make a TennStud Memphis party but never did. My son and I did join him and a bunch of others in his hotel room in K-town pre-game. I've never seen a guy so obsessed with college football.

Reactions: 2 people
Boro, I really could use some reassurance bud. Please give me something. Anything

We love ya We need ya

Look...I feel good about what's happening. I found out about Butch, and the Booster meeting after the Georgia game. I stuck my neck out on that, and that's the only thing I've predicted. That decision was made long ago.

The same people have told me positive things about Gruden, but I have NEVER predicted it this time. Personally I feel very positive. I heard yesterday it was done. But I have also said repeatedly that I am just along for the ride. I've intentionally not posted certain things I hear, and frequently only confirmed things once they come out from somebody else.

I'm not here to reassure anyone, and it would only last about 15 minutes if I did. I most certainly am not here to troll. I just want to be here and enjoy the process, have fun with some posters I like and pass along what I hear if it's relevant.

Reactions: 48 people
Was just hoping I could take something back to my Dawg family members. One of them messaged me the current crystal balls, acting all smug. Need to train that puppy some more! :)

Just do what I do to my Dawg friends. I tell them to remember that no matter what, UGA will always be little brother to Bama and UT. Gets 'em hot! :D

Reactions: 3 people
Look...I feel good about what's happening. I found out about Butch, and the Booster meeting after the Georgia game. I stuck my neck out on that, and that's the only thing I've predicted. That decision was made long ago.

The same people have told me positive things about Gruden, but I have NEVER predicted it this time. Personally I feel very positive. I heard yesterday it was done. But I have also said repeatedly that I am just along for the ride. I've intentionally not posted certain things I hear, and frequently only confirmed things once they come out from somebody else.

I'm not here to reassure anyone, and it would only last about 15 minutes if I did. I most certainly am not here to troll. I just want to be here and enjoy the process, have fun with some posters I like and pass along what I hear if it's relevant.

1448376247-Youre_A_Good_Man_Charlie_Brown_tickets.jpg

Reactions: 7 people
2001 UT vs LSU on sec network now.

I was at that game, my brother, jakez4ut, got me tickets for my birthday. It wasn't the first UT game I went to but it was the first SEC game I went to and boy was it a good one, Kelly Washington set the single game receiving record that night, good memories.

Thanks bro. I appreciate your honesty

Reactions: 1 person
I absolutely think if Gruden is not going to coach here, and Currie is certain of that, he’d be an idiot not to squash the Grumors right away.

I think that even if Gruden isn’t in play, it generates a lot of talk about UT and maybe makes the job more desirable. I do think Gruden is in play though. Just look at all the attention UT is getting nationally right now despite how badly we suck and haven’t been a contender for over a decade.

I don't understand it either.

I guess some just want the attention. Never made sense to me.

Same thing with those who feel so self important that that need to come in here and try to change everyone's mind.

I think they get emotionally invested in their view and it upsets them when someone else thinks differently than them.

I can admit I'm close minded when it comes to my opinion on something but it's mine and I'll own it.

The difference is I don't try to shove it down everyone else's throat.

I have found that Trolls typically have daddy issues. They either didn't have a father figure in their life, or had one that was worthless trash. They have to make up for that hole in their life somehow.

You were supposed to say, “I was there, in the room. I handed Coach Gruden the pen. And after he signed, he did a dance. It went a little something like this...”

source.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Unfortunately, I am starting to agree. I am just not convinced he wants to coach again and I can't say that I blame him.

I'm not sure I agree. Recruiting is important but if you have Gruden, that's huge and from an marketing standpoint you want to make as big a splash as possible. So announce it Thanksgiving weekend when everyone and their brother is going to be home watching football all weekend, makes perfect sense if you ask me.

My memory is failing me. Who was the Memphis guy on Gridscape (in his 70's at the time) who traveled to almost Vol game with his lovely wife, active poster, was a teacher or administrator at Rhodes College?
I was hoping to make a TennStud Memphis party but never did. My son and I did join him and a bunch of others in his hotel room in K-town pre-game. I've never seen a guy so obsessed with college football.

Was DrBill and Bert wasn't it? That is what I think I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back