Official grief thread

Well, since someone bumped this thread, I’ve got a complaint. Why did we waste $8M on Nico when that could have been used to improve our academic standards? What kind of clown show admin is this? I thought we were competing with Vandy these days—academically that is. I’m tired of not making the top 25 in the nation academically.

Well, since someone bumped this thread, I’ve got a complaint. Why did we waste $8M on Nico when that could have been used to improve our academic standards? What kind of clown show admin is this? I thought we were competing with Vandy these days—academically that is. I’m tired of not making the top 25 in the nation academically.
The football program generates a massive amount of income for UT academics. Also, UT did not spend a single penny on any player's NIL. . . and more, the better the football team performs, the more money it generates and the bigger donation it can make to the academics. If UT did/could make an $8mil deal, it is more of an investment and commitment to success.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
The football program generates a massive amount of income for UT academics. Also, UT did not spend a single penny on any player's NIL. . . and more, the better the football team performs, the more money it generates and the bigger donation it can make to the academics. If UT did/could make an $8mil deal, it is more of an investment and commitment to success.

Well said. I return to campus to go to games and then go by the engineering department. I do not make a trip to the engineering department and go by a game. Athletics is a school's front potch.

What happens if Heupel is fired after 3 years? Will this get resurrected again?
You know it will. There’s a section of our fanbase that wants to be right no matter what. This section can be broken up further. A subset will make negative declarations and judgements without allowing coaches to prove themselves first. And then another subset will give any coach with the power T the benefit of the doubt and their unyielding support no matter what. Both subsets of this section of the fanbase thirst for an opportunity to bump old threads if it supports their narrative. Heupel exceeded expectations this year and pulled a major commitment so these bumps aren’t a surprise. But Heupel could be successful for a decade and then fall off and the other group would re-bump the same threads. It’s comical really.

These threads where people prematurely declare things to be fact are always funny, and perilous for all involved because sometimes just when you think you are right and someone else is wrong, events shift again. Best to try to be polite to everyone, a lesson I certainly can benefit from as well, you just never know when you'll be served up a steaming pile of good ole crow!

These threads where people prematurely declare things to be fact are always funny, and perilous for all involved because sometimes just when you think you are right and someone else is wrong, events shift again. Best to try to be polite to everyone, a lesson I certainly can benefit from as well, you just never know when you'll be served up a steaming pile of good ole crow!

“We suck,” “trash hire,” etc, all in the first page of this thread. The reason I laugh isn’t because someone “thought” he would fail (and were proven wrong), it’s that they were so SURE of themselves. But of course, it’s Volnation, where thousands of uncle Rico’s and former JV assistant coaches know more than the AD. So I can’t say I’m surprised.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
This is an absolute trash hire!!! As I said in another post.

Heupel will not be able to recruit with Saban, Kirby, or Mullen nor beat them!! Stoops and Drinkwitz will probably eat his lunch too!!!
costanza-ah-ha.gif

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
So upfront, i am a pretty big fan of CJH and was early on based on some practice reports. The season then played out and i became even more of a fan.

However....looking back at the season and what could have been, i am concerned that his team lost every single close game. Hopefully talent improvement and experience will correct this. But to this point that is a bigger issue for me than anything else...including defensve play and recruiting.

Sincerely hope im worrying for nothing....because i did buy season tickets....again😎

Edit...i forgot the Kentucky game...so.maybe my worries are misplaced

Last edited:
“We suck,” “trash hire,” etc, all in the first page of this thread. The reason I laugh isn’t because someone “thought” he would fail (and were proven wrong), it’s that they were so SURE of themselves. But of course, it’s Volnation, where thousands of uncle Rico’s and former JV assistant coaches know more than the AD. So I can’t say I’m surprised.
You never know, I remember people declaring victory on Pruitt near the end of that "longest winning streak" in the nation. I agree on the cockiness, I don't know why some are always willing to state their opinions in absolute terms, it's not real smart.

Reactions: clarencepeabody
So upfront, i am a pretty big fan of CJH and was early on based on some practice reports. The season then played out and i became even more of a fan.

However....looking back at the season and what could have been, i am concerned that his team lost every single close game. Hopefully talent improvement and experience will correct this. But to this point that is a bigger issue for me than anything else...including defensve play and recruiting.

Sincerely hope im worrying for nothing....because i did buy season tickets....again😎

Edit...i forgot the Kentucky game...so.maybe my worries are misplaced
The season's signature win was Kentucky.
However sad that is.

Reactions: Remy
The season's signature win was Kentucky.
However sad that is.

Its not sad at all...unless you mean my forgetting about it... That is sad.

Wirh our roster versus their upper classman roster, their coach of many years vs our first year coach ...it was a good win.

I do expect more from this staff, its just that the multiple close losses worry me

Both the OPs and the ones who are prematurely acting like this is a great hire after just 1 season.

VN Store

Back