Official grief thread

If you're going to resurrect a thread that has no context in the OP, please add some with your post, man.

Had no idea what this thread was about until I realized I was reading comments from a year ago.

Maybe some nice moderator can add a note at the bottom of the OP along the lines of [this thread was started in response to the hiring of Josh Heupel in late 2021; you are reading it now because it was recently brought back from the dead for chuckles]

And please...
1648332689197.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ButchPlz
If you're going to resurrect a thread that has no context in the OP, please add some with your post, man.

Had no idea what this thread was about until I realized I was reading comments from a year ago.

Maybe some nice moderator can add a note at the bottom of the OP along the lines of [this thread was started in response to the hiring of Josh Heupel in late 2021; you are reading it now because it was recently brought back from the dead for chuckles]

And please...
View attachment 442725
I mean, it is a bump man, wouldn't the first thing you look at be the date? Its pretty obvious what is being talked about without even seeing the date.

Bump, bump, bumperoo
Thank you!!! Didn’t even remember this thread.
if some of people that posted some of that negative crap are still around, I hope they don’t re-read their own post!!
The realization of just how stupid they are might send them spiraling into deep depression!!

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
I mean, it is a bump man, wouldn't the first thing you look at be the date? Its pretty obvious what is being talked about without even seeing the date.
The date is never the first thing I look at. Nor the second.

When I see a new thread, I assume it's a new thread. So I start reading it. Only after several posts in a row make no sense at all, do I start checking things like dates of posts. And when the OP gives zero context, as this OP did, it can take even longer.

I’m not a pessimistic or negative person at all, but being 70 I just came to terms and accepted today that I will probably never see TN not even close to being what I grew up with. Probably not even an SEC title. Doubt I can live that long. I played high school football with Tim Priest, don’t know anyone more orange than him, only can only imagine how he feels today.
Damn, is that not depressing!
Do you feel any different now?

Reactions: OldVolMan
The date is never the first thing I look at. Nor the second.

When I see a new thread, I assume it's a new thread. So I start reading it. Only after several posts in a row make no sense at all, do I start checking things like dates of posts. And when the OP gives zero context, as this OP did, it can take even longer.
Only you needed help. Just saying. Everyone else knew exactly what this was.

Do you feel any different now?

Yes, I feel much better about our future than I did 15 months ago, but we are still a bit of a distance from Alabama and Georgia in overall talent. We are trending better and things look promising, but I would not bet much money on us winning the SEC in the next couple of years. We have a competitive and fun team to watch, so that should be enjoyable.

At my age, I now accept the football team the same as I do the basketball team, as long as competitive and fun I can be a happy vol. They do not have to win the national championship to make me happy. At one time I felt that way, but I became more mature and realistic.

With all due respect, you must have a lot of extra time in your life to resurrect a thread from 15 months ago just to remind some people of their lack of confidence in our football program after twenty years of legitimate suffering.

GO VOLS!

Yes, I feel much better about our future than I did 15 months ago, but we are still a bit of a distance from Alabama and Georgia in overall talent. We are trending better and things look promising, but I would not bet much money on us winning the SEC in the next couple of years. We have a competitive and fun team to watch, so that should be enjoyable.

At my age, I now accept the football team the same as I do the basketball team, as long as competitive and fun I can be a happy vol. They do not have to win the national championship to make me happy. At one time I felt that way, but I became more mature and realistic.

With all due respect, you must have a lot of extra time in your life to resurrect a thread from 15 months ago just to remind some people of their lack of confidence in our football program after twenty years of legitimate suffering.

GO VOLS!
😄, not much time at all. I posted the approval thread and looked at a couple posts from one of the members who voted "no" and found this thread. Had to resurrect it.

We'll be in the playoffs in 3-4 years.

Reactions: CSVol and OldVolMan
😄, not much time at all. I posted the approval thread and looked at a couple posts from one of the members who voted "no" and found this thread. Had to resurrect it.

We'll be in the playoffs in 3-4 years.

Hope you are right, as I originally said just hope I live that long, that would make me 75.
Heck, now you have me thinking if they do I might be at risk of a heart attack!…..lol

And please...
View attachment 442725
It's a pretty stupid bump, to be honest.

VN Store

Back