Official grief thread

I think they should have looked at Chadwell or Napier, realistically, or anyone with experience building a program. I don't think either of those men were contacted, and both are trending the right way in spite of the COVID season. Heupel is moving the wrong way, and the same argument about Butch riding coattails could just as easily apply to this guy.

Again, I've already answered this.

So three FBS losing seasons and an out of nowhere 11-1 for Chadwell makes him a Rockstar but 12-1 and two more winning seasons make Huepel a flop?

I'm not saying Chadwell is a bad coach, just trying to see why people think he's so much better than Huepel. He's beaten one P5 team in his entire career and that was Kansas. Literally the worst p5 team.

Probably a really good hire considering most seem to forget Pruitt has retained counsel and will be taking UT to task over his firing. Not knowing the potential outcome, they had to budget contingency dollars into the package, and hire e best coach they could based on an unsettled legal situation yet to be confronted. Unknown number 2 is potential NCAA restrictions. Had it been a clean departure, the coaching search may have had different requirements. Those are two major factors they were facing in this hire, so taken as a whole, it's not a bad hire.

So three FBS losing seasons and an out of nowhere 11-1 for Chadwell makes him a Rockstar but 12-1 and two more winning seasons make Huepel a flop?

I'm not saying Chadwell is a bad coach, just trying to see why people think he's so much better than Huepel. He's beaten one P5 team in his entire career and that was Kansas. Literally the worst p5 team.
No, but Chadwell's history of taking over garbage at every level and turning them to winners is what makes him a good coach. He's got a record.

Heupel moving the wrong direction (in both wins and recruiting) in a program that had started winning likely makes him a loser.

It has to be a homerun whatever he does. If he cannot get a clear upgrade then I think Steele should stay. Difficult to imagine that Steele won't have some job at UT considering that he was just hired.

I'd say Steele stays as DC was part of the negotiation. It would have been bad form to bring him in and let him go in roughly a 2 week span. I'd say the two get to hire their staff from here.

Reactions: TennesseeJet
It’s all about the Jimmy’s and Joe’s which is why we desperately needed a big name to change perception and somehow try to keep up with the big 3 in recruiting. With looming sanctions, an underwhelming HC, and waning fan enthusiasm, we are about to have the worst recruiting of my 35 year lifetime. Welcome to the dark ages

If your finding today rather depressing here's the place to cuss and complain.

I am really sad that we have overly vocal fans in such a variety that no matter who we hired we would be experiencing threads calling for the collection of doom and gloom thoughts. Doubt this was the best POSSIBLE hire, or the worst POSSIBLE hire. But we have a team at the top that knows each other and can work together to get a staff on board to fight through the impacts of the pending NCAA hammer. It is going to be a tough fight more than likely. Fear of the unknown is real and that is all we have to offer right now.

South Carolina’s hire is better than this. Cut the Danny white is some great administrator bs. He got paid a lot of money and delivered you his boy from the G5. Lol like I said people wanted a filet and got handed a McDouble

No grief here, but the jury is definitely still out. He has a history of high octane offenses, but there's no denying he inherited a pretty sweet gig from Frost at UCF. Then again, he should have a roster with more talent so we will see. I'd love it if he can turn HB into a gunslinger.

THere is a LOT of back flips and hypocritical thinking going on here to justify their hatred of a winning coach

You once again ignore evidence posted right below this post.
Chadwell went 10-3 his first year at CHarleston Southern (with the NCAA issues of course) and his last season went 7-4
then he did take Coastal Carolina from 3 wins to 11 which is a great job, but only beat ONE P5 team ever and he will DEFINITELY have a worse record next season. So he will have "fallen off and regressed" as well.

No one in the SEC or anywhere wanted Chadwell as a coach either, not South Carolina, not Vandy, not Auburn,

Not dissing Chadwell, just pointing out your hyporcrisy

No, but Chadwell's history of taking over garbage at every level and turning them to winners is what makes him a good coach. He's got a record.

Heupel moving the wrong direction (in both wins and recruiting) in a program that had started winning likely makes him a loser.

People have recency bias and backyard bias. He's less impressive than Leipold but people are as down on him as they are on Heupel.

On the bright side, Bat Guano transferred. His McDonald bag only had some used napkins and a couple of ketchup packets.

Wish I could have my mind erased with everything tennessee football so I could stop caring

yea, or take one of those pills the CIA supposedly gives to their mind control victims to stabilize them.
I feel like I’m coming down from a major mind control experience today!

I’m not a pessimistic or negative person at all, but being 70 I just came to terms and accepted today that I will probably never see TN not even close to being what I grew up with. Probably not even an SEC title. Doubt I can live that long. I played high school football with Tim Priest, don’t know anyone more orange than him, only can only imagine how he feels today.
Damn, is that not depressing!

South Carolina’s hire is better than this. Cut the Danny white is some great administrator bs. He got paid a lot of money and delivered you his boy from the G5. Lol like I said people wanted a filet and got handed a McDouble

Lol…we all have wrong opinions and make bad posts. But can’t we understand patience? Over a year now, and the Danny White era is rolling at UT.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra

VN Store

Back