Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Very interesting and a very different from all the "tech" articles that you read about engines that run on water or cures for diseases ... but those engines aren't anywhere to be seen; and there are actually no new meds to end conditions like diabetes, renal problems, re-grow inner ear hair to fix hearing loss, etc. I can't imagine running 100 mph or more in a tunnel with closed ends though.

Thanks everyone. It's not easy knowing the body of work I put in culminated in what it did. Especially since I filled about 70% of the open seats in the company.

It's a trash company with trash leadership. And I'll be shocked if they don't lose business because of bad business practices.

Thanks everyone. It's not easy knowing the body of work I put in culminated in what it did. Especially since I filled about 70% of the open seats in the company.

It's a trash company with trash leadership. And I'll be shocked if they don't lose business because of bad business practices.

I got fired for the first time back in 2019. It was a massive ego death but I ended up bouncing back from it and getting to where I am now.

Made me realize my goal of not working for anyone ever again and here we are.

Are you going to look for another recruiter position or fulfill your lifelong dream of becoming a Brazilian waxer of male bodybuilders?

If you need help hiding a body give McDad a shout.

Seems to be a recurring theme here and with several people I know. We often catch ourselves content in the loop of doing a good job, either begging for more compensation or going to the next gig for more money. You can do it for years and quickly lose track of what you're really capable of.

Sometimes it takes getting canned by some asshoIe to put you in a position to go and do the thing yourself.

Several years ago my wife got fired on Christmas Eve and it devastated her but it ended up being the best thing for her career.

Thats horrible. People have no shame or empathy sometimes. When i was in my early 20s and living by myself, i had an eviction notice put on my front door on either Dec 23rd or 24th. My rent was less than a week late, for the 1st time. I had to pay an extra penalty plus the court costs from where he officially put papers on me to avoid eviction . Had been there more than a year. It was a very rainy dec and we simply couldnt lay brick many days.The guy owned nearly every rental property in Mt Holly NC also. Was very rich. Karmas a bitch though...about 10 years later in 2008 i noticed for sale signs and auction signs popping up all over town. He went belly up and the bank foreclosed on all those properties. I was married with a mortgage and a new 2nd child and we managed to pull through it OK by Gods grace. As for the greedy old man " The Lord giveth, and He taketh away."

Going through some stuff right now... got fired on Thursday. Might be missing for some time.

Hope I'll have better news soon.
Sorry, Grand. Bastard people strike again. I'd wager they'll regret this decision soon enough.

FWIW, I also was fired after 25 years with my company. Last day was May 1st. Was fortunately able to retire and haven't missed work one bit.

I know no matter what you decide to do next you'll find success. You're a smart man, G.

Thats horrible. People have no shame or empathy sometimes. When i was in my early 20s and living by myself, i had an eviction notice put on my front door on either Dec 23rd or 24th. My rent was less than a week late, for the 1st time. I had to pay an extra penalty plus the court costs from where he officially put papers on me to avoid eviction . Had been there more than a year. It was a very rainy dec and we simply couldnt lay brick many days.The guy owned nearly every rental property in Mt Holly NC also. Was very rich. Karmas a bitch though...about 10 years later in 2008 i noticed for sale signs and auction signs popping up all over town. He went belly up and the bank foreclosed on all those properties. I was married with a mortgage and a new 2nd child and we managed to pull through it OK by Gods grace. As for the greedy old man " The Lord giveth, and He taketh away."
Sorry, Grand. Bastard people strike again. I'd wager they'll regret this decision soon enough.

FWIW, I also was fired after 25 years with my company. Last day was May 1st. Was fortunately able to retire and haven't missed work one bit.

I know no matter what you decide to do next you'll find success. You're a smart man, G.
Possible age discrimination suit?

VN Store

Back