Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

so i just read Tom Cruise played football in HS until he got caught drinking beer and he got cut
he went on to perform in the high school Guys and Dolls play.
Imagine if he stayed on the team.... no Risky Business.... no Maverick.... no Kenny Loggins Danger Zone....
Proves that drinking beer in high school is good for you

We just landed Chaz Lanier over kentucky!! 19.7 ppg. 7rb 44% from 3pt and 88%ft shooter!!..

BOOM!!! WE JUST KILLED THE PORTAL! Bball gonna be really good again next season man. We objectively just upgraded at 3 out of 5 positions. Objectively. The other 2 are point guard where ZZ will be back and I would not trade him for literally ANY other pg in the nation...and DKs spot. Daltons scoring will be replaced by Chaz 20ppg though, and he is actually as good at the 3 as DK.

We grabbed the no1 and no4 most efficient scorers in the nation last season!?! Lanier averaged 20 points on 16 posessions per game for #1...Dubar averaged 15ppg and was #4. In the nation. We signed 3 great jump shooters. We shouldnt have those spells anymore when we simply cant buy a bucket. With Barnes defense man we may be a top5 team all season like last year. Insane.

Who had Barnes being the King of the Portal on their bingo card? DK transferring in here and doing what he did, coupled with Barnes stellar reputation and our NIL getting it done once again has our BasketVols right back in the mix man. Wow.

Last edited:
Darlinstone Dubar is a heckuva name.
I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison

“It was all I could do to keep from cryin'
Sometimes it seemed so useless to remain
But you don't have to call me darlin' darlin'
You never even call me by my name.
You don't have to call me Waylon Jennings
And you don't have to call me Charley Pride
And you don't have to call me Merle Haggard anymore
Even though you're on my fighting side.
And I'll hang around as long as you will let me
And I never minded standin' in the rain
You never even call me by my name.”

I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison

“It was all I could do to keep from cryin'
Sometimes it seemed so useless to remain
You never even call me by my name.
You don't have to call me Waylon Jennings
And you don't have to call me Charley Pride
And you don't have to call me Merle Haggard anymore
Even though you're on my fighting side.
And I'll hang around as long as you will let me
And I never minded standin' in the rain
You never even call me by my name.”

David Allen Coe would have made it approximately 30 seconds on this board before he was branded and blackballed to the pub for discussion.

I never been to a stock car race..and even lived in Mooresville, NC.

I never got to many races, but I was always a racing addict. Mostly NASCAR and F1. I can say I haven't watched a race on years ... big business (with related advertising) and promoter nonsense killed a lot of what was good. However, as much as anything it was a changing of the guard. The old drivers had personality and were interesting; the new ones could just be Tom Cruise clones in it for the money. NASCAR has so many faults - from attempted parity to racing cars that have nothing at all to do with what is on the road. College sports may be my next casualty. Just like "stock" has nothing at all to do with NASCAR; paid players have nothing to do with amateurism.

I watched a thing about the F1 cars that showed they have so much downforce at just 100mph that hypothetically they could drive on the ceiling in a tunnel...because the downforce at only 100mph was more than the weight of the car. Thats so crazy man. Explains part of why they go through tires so fast though. The tires have 2 or 3x the weight of the car pressing them down into the track most of the time. They keep making the engines smaller and smaller and adding more electric crap. That makes them heavier too.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back