Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Indy has had some great races the last few years..243 mph!

I went to the ‘95 500 and sat in turn 3. Seeing it in person gives a whole different perspective. It looked as if the cars were on rails coming through the turns. The downforce must be incredibly high because there’s little to no banking.

I went to the ‘95 500 and sat in turn 3. Seeing it in person gives a whole different perspective. It looked as if the cars were on rails coming through the turns. The downforce must be incredibly high because there’s little to no banking.

I watched a thing about the F1 cars that showed they have so much downforce at just 100mph that hypothetically they could drive on the ceiling in a tunnel...because the downforce at only 100mph was more than the weight of the car. Thats so crazy man. Explains part of why they go through tires so fast though. The tires have 2 or 3x the weight of the car pressing them down into the track most of the time. They keep making the engines smaller and smaller and adding more electric crap. That makes them heavier too.

I went in like 89..slept in a tent and boozed up..never seen so many boozed people in my life. Viewed in infield corner 4 and there must of been ten thousand beer cans under the bleachers.

Reactions: AM64
I went in like 89..slept in a tent and boozed up..never seen so many boozed people in my life. Viewed in infield corner 4 and there must of been ten thousand beer cans under the bleachers.
I was amazed by the number of hardcore rednecks that were there. I saw four guys carrying an old couch into the track. When I got to my seat I noticed they had set up camp in the 3rd turn infield. About halfway through the race I saw smoke and their couch was going up in flames. They had to have used some kind of accelerant because it was raging.
When you mentioned the beer cans under the bleachers I remembered being surprised by the number of people that would finish their beer and then just throw their empty can towards the front of the bleachers. The cops were right there and didn’t care so I started throwing mine too. I’ve never seen anything like that anywhere else.

Daughter, Son in law, and his family (mom,, dad, sister) having a good time in Scotland and Ireland.
A buddy of mine went several years back. He was having a drink in a local pub when a guy came up to him and said “you’re an American aren’t you”….. he said he was caught off guard because he was by himself and not talking to anyone… he said “yeah, how’d you know?”….. they guy replied “ because you’re too clean” 😁

Reactions: AM64 and McDad
I was amazed by the number of hardcore rednecks that were there. I saw four guys carrying an old couch into the track. When I got to my seat I noticed they had set up camp in the 3rd turn infield. About halfway through the race I saw smoke and their couch was going up in flames. They had to have used some kind of accelerant because it was raging.
When you mentioned the beer cans under the bleachers I remembered being surprised by the number of people that would finish their beer and then just throw their empty can towards the front of the bleachers. The cops were right there and didn’t care so I started throwing mine too. I’ve never seen anything like that anywhere else.
imagine 3 or 4 Neyland stadiums full of drunk people..it is crazy..boobs flashing, etc. You are correct about the racing..hair on my neck stood up..and the sounds.

imagine 3 or 4 Neyland stadiums full of drunk people..it is crazy..boobs flashing, etc. You are correct about the racing..hair on my neck stood up..and the sounds.
I’ve been to several IRL races at Nashville Super speedway. The cars have a totally different sound on the 1.3 mile track. I’m assuming they run shorter gears, but whatever it is it makes the cars a lot louder.
They were louder than the Busch Series cars.
I plan to go again this September as they’re running there due to the stadium construction downtown.

I’ve been to several IRL races at Nashville Super speedway. The cars have a totally different sound on the 1.3 mile track. I’m assuming they run shorter gears, but whatever it is it makes the cars a lot louder.
I plan to go again this September as they’re running there due to the stadium construction downtown.
I never been to a stock car race..and even lived in Mooresville, NC.

I think the new IRL cars are pretty good..the races have gotten better..quality of drivers is better as well. Back when we went, there would always be a yellow on the first couple laps..some 10 car mash up.

VN Store

Back