Offense Coordinator

I want the Chaney who threw it 40 times a game at Purdue because that fit his players. I want the Chaney who had a good offense with Tyler Bray when the defense was terrible. Chaney hasnt forgot how to coach and scheme other teams. Our head coach has a yellow streak down his back afraid we are going to turn it over. Our goal should be to score fifty a game instead of playing not to lose. Our offense plays not to hurt the defense. Even Saban has come around to the notion his offense better score as many as they can because somebody will torch his defense during the season. Whether our best players are freshmen or seniors, those are the people who have to play. If this is the best our offense can do at this point he has no chance of success. Pruitt has lost the confidence of the fan base with his unwillingness to change QBs, what has it gotten us to stick with JG? We are boring to watch waiting for the other team to go on a run. It is a terrible style of play to watch and our defense doesnt play aggressive until we are behind. It is the style of play for coaches who are afraid of their own team!

I have to wonder about the game with Arkansas. It was almost like Chaney got tired of being chewed out for not running the ball more and he said O.K., here you go "cornbread" this is what it looks like when we only do one thing and the other team adjusts to it. They need to put in Bailey and start slinging the ball around like Chaney usually does and mix in a varied running game. Up the middle every single time will eventually be stopped. It sure seems like there is a disconnect somewhere. We have enough talent to at least look competent and compete. Right now they look like the couldn't beat a good Georgia high school team.

This is al 100% on Pruitt. Fulmer has given him all the tools to be successful. He has the former Georgia OC, the former Notre Dame OC, the former USC OC, and a former JUCO OC, all on staff. But I will play your game anyway. I would go hire Jamey Chadwell or Garrett Riley.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
To be fair, Chaney is fully capable of running a very good offense. Look at his first tenure here: every year he was upwards of 30+ points per game. It is just a matter of CJP's style and I think he is handcuffing what we are able to do
27 ppg in 2010 (which is close)
20 ppg in 2011 (which is not)
36 ppg in 2012 (which is how we judged him)

Didn’t include 2009 because Kiffin ran the offense.

IF Pruitt is meddling with the offense, it won't matter who he gets. Not to mention, his options will be limited because no decent OC will want to work for him.

Edit: Something to think about. If he gets rid of Chaney, that's 3 OCs in 4 years, correct? Sound familiar? Who's the common denominator in that equation?
The common denominator is JG.

Totally agree here.
Chaney has been around awhile and seems unwilling to evolve his game.

Now a lot on here are going to argue that it's Pruitt micromanaging and cuffing Chaney. Yet others will say lack of talented QB to run his scheme.

Either way, let's say for the sake of discussion, Pruitt makes a change at OC.
Who's available?
Who do you like?
Pruitt needs to fire the interim DL coach, problem solved.

UT offense is 107th out of 123 FBS teams...

JG has a 68% “catchable pass” rating. That means 32%, or 1/3 of his passes are not catchable...

Run game seems okay, but we are one-dimensional.

Chaney? No.

Pruitt and JG. JG has to go, and Pruitt has to change...or go as well.

JMO.
The catchable rate is better than half of the SEC. It is better than UGAs qbs and many others.

We have plenty of problems. Not just JG

Reactions: tnutater
Totally agree here.
Chaney has been around awhile and seems unwilling to evolve his game.

Now a lot on here are going to argue that it's Pruitt micromanaging and cuffing Chaney. Yet others will say lack of talented QB to run his scheme.

Either way, let's say for the sake of discussion, Pruitt makes a change at OC.
Who's available?
Who do you like?

I think we have a very good oc. He has a proven track record, what record on offense does pruitt have? Has to be on hc

27 ppg in 2010 (which is close)
20 ppg in 2011 (which is not)
36 ppg in 2012 (which is how we judged him)

Didn’t include 2009 because Kiffin ran the offense.

Those UT offenses couldn't run on an elderly woman in a wheelchair just like this one can't complete a forward pass. Here is Chaney's stats as an OC post Perdue:
UT
2009-6th in the SEC
2010-9th in the SEC
2011-9th in the SEC
2012-2nd in the SEC
Arkansas
2013-11th in the SEC
2014-8th in the SEC
Pitt
2015-11th in the ACC
Georgia
2016-11th in the SEC
2017-5th in the SEC
2018-5th in the SEC
UT
2019-12th in the SEC
2020-13th in the SEC

In his 12 years as an OC since leaving Perdue, his offenses have finished inside the top five in their conference three times. His offenses have finished outside the top ten in their conference five times. His greatest offensive team was the 2012 Tennessee offense but they couldn't move the ball against a decent defense. His Georgia offenses were extremely one dimensional ranking 10th, 12th, and 8th respectively in passing offense. Chaney has been nothing more than an average OC in his SEC tenure

Those UT offenses couldn't run on an elderly woman in a wheelchair just like this one can't complete a forward pass. Here is Chaney's stats as an OC post Perdue:
UT
2009-6th in the SEC
2010-9th in the SEC
2011-9th in the SEC
2012-2nd in the SEC
Arkansas
2013-11th in the SEC
2014-8th in the SEC
Pitt
2015-11th in the ACC
Georgia
2016-11th in the SEC
2017-5th in the SEC
2018-5th in the SEC
UT
2019-12th in the SEC
2020-13th in the SEC

In his 12 years as an OC since leaving Perdue, his offenses have finished inside the top five in their conference three times. His offenses have finished outside the top ten in their conference five times. His greatest offensive team was the 2012 Tennessee offense but they couldn't move the ball against a decent defense. His Georgia offenses were extremely one dimensional ranking 10th, 12th, and 8th respectively in passing offense. Chaney has been nothing more than an average OC in his SEC tenure
I didn’t mourn his departure but had convinced myself that he was a homerun hire by the time he returned. Truth may be somewhere in the middle, but he’s at least allowed his second season to appear as a clinic in garbage...Larry Scott level. His hire might be more a result of someone who didn’t display resentment towards Pruitt’s involvement.

Pruitt is not motivating Chaney the “right” way! He should only allow the Dominos boxes to be touched when 400+ Yards and 31 points is reached.

Offensive coordinator? Do we have one? Hell, give me a few days to review our playbook and I could do what Chaney has done the past few games.

To be fair, Chaney is fully capable of running a very good offense. Look at his first tenure here: every year he was upwards of 30+ points per game. It is just a matter of CJP's style and I think he is handcuffing what we are able to do
Freeze and Chaney would make a great combination. we have go to remove foolmer and pruitt.

you can blame it on the Cheney, Gitmo, Weinke, and whomever else you want to but it all boils down to Pruitt is not a head coach........

Reactions: MeanOrange
Get rid of Cheney and let Tee be interim and see how he finishes our the season. Cheney is overrated, we were better with Helton and less talent.

Reactions: N.ohio vol
Wait a minute! You mean we actually have someone coordinating this crap show, we call an offense?🤯
GBO!!

Reactions: MeanOrange

VN Store

Back