Offense Coordinator

Mason72

Vol Fan not a UK Fan.. vg
Long time no post.

Sorry but I have no idea what Chaney is doing but evidently our opposing Defense Coordinators do. I mean come on we are gashing for yards run after run and have momentum and then next play empty backfield pass play and lose any momentum we had. Also watch alot of OC attack one side of field to setup opposite big plays and we just seem to call random plays. Just at a loss!!!!

QB development in year 3 is unacceptable

Long time no post.

Sorry but I have no idea what Chaney is doing but evidently our opposing Defense Coordinators do. I mean come on we are gashing for yards run after run and have momentum and then next play empty backfield pass play and lose any momentum we had. Also watch alot of OC attack one side of field to setup opposite big plays and we just seem to call random plays. Just at a loss!!!!

QB development in year 3 is unacceptable
Totally agree here.
Chaney has been around awhile and seems unwilling to evolve his game.

Now a lot on here are going to argue that it's Pruitt micromanaging and cuffing Chaney. Yet others will say lack of talented QB to run his scheme.

Either way, let's say for the sake of discussion, Pruitt makes a change at OC.
Who's available?
Who do you like?

Totally agree here.

Now a lot on here are going to argue that it's Pruitt micromanaging and cuffing Chaney. Yet others will say lack of talented QB to run his scheme.

Who's available?
Who do you like?

Damn near anybody!!!

Reactions: ReelfootVol
Totally agree here.

Who's available?
Who do you like?
I said it in another thread. I know Joe Brady is a rising star and has head coach in the near future wrote on him. But I would pay him more than we are Pruitt at this point and lock him down for a few years.

Just look at it! LSU NEVER has had a passing offense like they had with Joe Burrow. Was it Joe Burrow? I don’t think so. If he was so good, how come he never got on the field at Ohio State? Maybe Burrow and Brady was a good fit. How’s to say Bailey and Brady wouldn’t be an awesome fit. Just look what LSU has went back to without Brady. Give him an offer he can’t refuse and let’s kick some teeth in for a few years.

Totally agree here.

Who's available?
Who do you like?
Joe Osovet.

Totally agree here.

Who's available?
Who do you like?
IF Pruitt is meddling with the offense, it won't matter who he gets. Not to mention, his options will be limited because no decent OC will want to work for him.

Edit: Something to think about. If he gets rid of Chaney, that's 3 OCs in 4 years, correct? Sound familiar? Who's the common denominator in that equation?

Last edited:
Totally agree here.

Who's available?
Who do you like?
It's not Chaney. It is melon head Pruitt. He is rigid in his approach to football. He see's that his way is not working, but he is unwilling to change. We will be trash until Pruitt changes or he is fired.

The offense and defense is all Pruitts. He has been quoted to saying all the plays run through him. He isn't Saban that's for sure so, he needs to let the coaches coach and he just needs to manage. You can have the best employees in the business but unless the CEO lets them do their job the way they know how then it won't be successful.

I posted this on another board...

Imagine you are a free-lance artist and you have been commissioned to create a masterpiece that will rival any other masterpieces being created. However, your client gives a very restrictive set of guidelines and boundaries, and a box of crayons - and not all of them are the good Crayola crayons. Several of them are the real crappy waxy ones from another box. Still you are expected to deliver the masterpiece. Are you going to be able to deliver the same level of masterpiece as other artists who have a better toolset and less restrictive boundaries???

Now, do you blame the artist or the one who commissions him and provides him the boundaries and tools?

I disagree about Pruitt's involvement with the offense. I think Fulmer hired Chaney because all three have about the same philosophy about the run game. We simply aren't a good passing team and defenses are taking advantage of that weakness. We have become very predictable and JG is simply too easy to "read." Bailey looks to me to be able to grow into a much better QB. Our own receivers can only practice against our own DB's and they are young and in-experienced. We amazingly don't have a good TE and a RB that can pick-up the blitz effectively.

Our younger, skill players simply haven't had enough practice to develop their potential and both our offensive and defensive playbooks are a little on the complex side. My plan "B" would be to have a real fast QB who can get to the edge and create plays on his own. This calls for receivers to be able to break off their normal route and find space. Just think about Felipe Franks getting outside the pocket while at UF and burning us for a TD pass to end the game and he did the same thing this past Saturday when he got outside the pocket and extended the play. He isn't even considered a fast player. Our players are being taught to play ball one way and rarely even attempt to be creative. We may have a dysfunctional staff because they don't complement each other.

Reactions: Pacer92

Imagine you are a free-lance artist and you have been commissioned to create a masterpiece that will rival any other masterpieces being created. However, your client gives a very restrictive set of guidelines and boundaries, and a box of crayons - and not all of them are the good Crayola crayons. Several of them are the real crappy waxy ones from another box. Still you are expected to deliver the masterpiece. Are you going to be able to deliver the same level of masterpiece as other artists who have a better toolset and less restrictive boundaries???

Now, do you blame the artist or the one who commissions him and provides him the boundaries and tools?
I used to work for an outfit that operated that way........

I disagree about Pruitt's involvement with the offense. I think Fulmer hired Chaney because all three have about the same philosophy about the run game. We simply aren't a good passing team and defenses are taking advantage of that weakness. We have become very predictable and JG is simply too easy to "read." Bailey looks to me to be able to grow into a much better QB. Our own receivers can only practice against our own DB's and they are young and in-experienced. We amazingly don't have a good TE and a RB that can pick-up the blitz effectively.

Our younger, skill players simply haven't had enough practice to develop their potential and both our offensive and defensive playbooks are a little on the complex side. My plan "B" would be to have a real fast QB who can get to the edge and create plays on his own. This calls for receivers to be able to break off their normal route and find space. Just think about Felipe Franks getting outside the pocket while at UF and burning us for a TD pass to end the game and he did the same thing this past Saturday when he got outside the pocket and extended the play. He isn't even considered a fast player. Our players are being taught to play ball one way and rarely even attempt to be creative. We may have a dysfunctional staff because they don't complement each other.
Why are we not a good passing team? The QB you say? Pruitt keeps trotting JG out there because he can line people up right. Not that he can make plays or make throws or even make the right reads on hot routes. He lines people up right. If they gave the other QB's snaps in the blowout losses, or more snaps in practice, they would catch on. Chaney can adapt to any type of style. He threw the ball a lot when he was at UGA and his first stint here. It all goes back to Pruitt. We are in the year of our LORD Two Thousand and Twenty, but we have a football coach stuck in the 1970's.

Reactions: preacherwebb
Chaney knows what he is doing and has been successful everywhere he's been, heck when he was here the first time our offense was on fire with arguably less talent to work with. Lack of offensive production isn't on Chaney, something stinks starting with the HBC.

UT offense is 107th out of 123 FBS teams...

JG has a 68% “catchable pass” rating. That means 32%, or 1/3 of his passes are not catchable...

Run game seems okay, but we are one-dimensional.

Chaney? No.

Pruitt and JG. JG has to go, and Pruitt has to change...or go as well.

JMO.

In big play college football, Tennessee doesnt have that ability. Is it the coach or the players? I'm going players. That is recruiting.

I don’t think Chaney is the issue. This is Pruitt’s offense.

Chaney has been mediocre nearly every year he has been a coordinator even during his previous stops at UT when Kiffin didn't run the offense. Bray threw the ball all over the field but our running game was horrendous. His stops at UGA and Arkansas were underwhelming with Pittman. He simply isn't the same coordinator without Pittman.

Chaney has been mediocre nearly every year he has been a coordinator even during his previous stops at UT when Kiffin didn't run the offense. Bray threw the ball all over the field but our running game was horrendous. His stops at UGA and Arkansas were underwhelming with Pittman. He simply isn't the same coordinator without Pittman.
Are you saying he's good with Pittman or not good with Pittman? I'm pretty sure I know what you're saying but your wording threw me off..

This reminded me of the old "Custer's last thoughts" joke.

Yep....
20190529_173111.jpg

VN Store

Back