'20 NV TE Darnell Washington (UGA commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder why them tho. There's tons of other top programs I'd rather play for.
Good question. What is different is that they are pulling talent from all over. There is so much talent in Georgia that they are a lock to be Top 15 in recruiting basically every year, if they get who they want out of the State they are guaranteed Top 10 in recruiting, but at present they are pulling people from all over the country as well, like we did in our hey day.

tenor.gif

Good question. What is different is that they are pulling talent from all over. There is so much talent in Georgia that they are a lock to be Top 15 in recruiting basically every year, if they get who they want out of the State they are guaranteed Top 10 in recruiting, but at present they are pulling people from all over the country as well, like we did in our hey day.
I know, I just want to know what the appeal is to pick UGA vs let's say Bama, LSU, or Clemson.

You said stable of WR’s, which UGA didn’t have. 1 healthy RB also doesn’t constitute a stable. Relying on a true freshman QB is never ideal, especially in the SEC. Again, the fact you blindly base it off recruiting rankings for UGA then say you can’t for UT is telling. If you want an unbiased view you should get rid of the double standards.

Kirby inherited 6 players at either WR or RB who were rated as a 4 star or better. I'd call that a stable. And Chubb was healthy enough to play in 13 games and he played well. So that's an extremely weak argument. Players play through injuries all the time.

I didn't blindly base anything off recruiting rankings. But certainly, recruiting rankings over the previous 2 years before their coaching changes vastly favor UGA. There is no denying that.

I know, I just want to know what the appeal is to pick UGA vs let's say Bama, LSU, or Clemson.
I'm with you, especially for out of state kids. I mean, if they were signing 17-18 of the top players from Georgia I get that playing for the home school thing, but they are signing 8-9 from Georgia and just plucking Top 150 players from all sorts of states, that I don't get.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Kirby inherited 6 players at either WR or RB who were rated as a 4 star or better. I'd call that a stable. And Chubb was healthy enough to play in 13 games and he played well. So that's an extremely weak argument. Players play through injuries all the time.

I didn't blindly base anything off recruiting rankings. But certainly, recruiting rankings over the previous 2 years before their coaching changes vastly favor UGA. There is no denying that.
First, it was clear Chubb wasn’t the same player the year after his injury. He was better the following year and back to from his rookie year. Next, just because a player was a 4* recruit doesn’t mean they’ll be a success. Players fail to live up to their rankings all the time. Lastly, I’ve said from the beginning that Pruitt stepped into a worse situation. The only thing we apparently don’t agree on is that I said Smart didn’t walk into a perfect situation either. While it was certainly better than Pruitt’s, having a frosh QB, no line depth, Chubb with a blown out knee, and program culture concerns don’t make for a perfect situation.

AV is who he says he is.
Having said that.....it’s a message board. Believe him or don’t. It’s not going to change anything. If your feelies got hurt because someone on a message board got you excited and they we’re wrong, then that’s more of a you problem.

When was the last AV drive by? I saw a while back that he basically said we're in this, but that was before ESD. It seems like everything since then has heavily suggested that he's already signed with the bad guys.

First, it was clear Chubb wasn’t the same player the year after his injury. He was better the following year and back to from his rookie year. Next, just because a player was a 4* recruit doesn’t mean they’ll be a success. Players fail to live up to their rankings all the time. Lastly, I’ve said from the beginning that Pruitt stepped into a worse situation. The only thing we apparently don’t agree on is that I said Smart didn’t walk into a perfect situation either. While it was certainly better than Pruitt’s, having a frosh QB, no line depth, Chubb with a blown out knee, and program culture concerns don’t make for a perfect situation.

FFS, no one has a perfect situation. But Smart had as incredibly easy of a situation as you can get though. Roster loaded with players from consistent Top 10 recruiting classes, a top 10 recruiting class that was already established before he took over (to his credit, he was able to hold it together, but the heavy-lifting had already been done) and a team coming off a 10 win season. There is literally no comparing the two situations.

Clearly you're an UGA troll as you've done nothing but defend UGA in multiple threads now. Good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back