'20 NV TE Darnell Washington (UGA commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody cares about conference championships except to the degree that they drive playoff participation. You know who talked about his big conference championships? Butch.
Botch never even won the division, and we haven't as a program since this crop of recruits were in kindergarten.

The key to the HT recruitment was that Tosh Lupoi, the defensive coordinator at Alabama, HT's lead recruiter who was also Polynesian and actually went to HT's high school, left Alabama about 10-15 days before NSD. That totally changed the game, credit to our staff for prevailing once that game changer happened, but that's why we seemingly came out of nowhere in that recruitment.
Came out of nowhere?

We were the first and 2nd-to-last school he visited... everybody thought he was going to Bama because Bama had the last OV and Saban was in-house a week before NSD... all of that happened AFTER Lupoi left

....He didn't even use all of his OV's

Came out of nowhere?

We were the first and 2nd-to-last school he visited... everybody thought he was going to Bama because Bama had the last OV and Saban was in-house a week before NSD... all of that happened AFTER Lupoi left

....He didn't even use all of his OV's
Tosh leaving is what gave us the shot. As I said, credit to us for taking advantage of it.

This was posted in the Ratledge thread. Great analogy.

We have to overcome years of not being one of the cool schools to go to. Our program is the normal kid in school. We aren't in the popular jock/hot people clique but we aren't in the nerd/freak crowd either.

It doesn't help that the media does their best to snipe at us and try to reinforce that we are dysfunctional.

The only way we will start getting respected is to stand up and whip one or multiple of the popular kids asses and take that respect.

Reactions: gainesvol82
The key to the HT recruitment was that Tosh Lupoi, the defensive coordinator at Alabama, HT's lead recruiter who was also Polynesian and actually went to HT's high school, left Alabama about 10-15 days before NSD. That totally changed the game, credit to our staff for prevailing once that game changer happened, but that's why we seemingly came out of nowhere in that recruitment.
Oh I know, just wondering how his recruitment from us and Bama compares to DW's with us and GA.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
Update: I have some really good news here. I was told that the long distant factor isn’t going to be a problem. You see, I was told that Henry Tootoo and Darnell had a private meeting with the coaches today. Darnell wanted to know how HT was doing it from California, or how he was handling it with his family. I heard after the meeting, that Darnell was really satisfied about H Tootoos situation. Ladies and gentleman, I think we’re in a great situation here. Pruitt and the coaching staff knows how to deal with long distance factors.

Once again bringing cutting edge, first to the table, neck breaking info that no one else has. I was wondering if distance was a factor when he said he was down to Tn, Ga, Al and Fl. Then out of no where BOOM , OD dropping INFO BOMBS up in here right when you need it at crunch time. Can not get this kind of inside info anywhere else. Snapping necks one nugget at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back