'20 NV TE Darnell Washington (UGA commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got trolled. It's going to be UGA.

Nb4 the "didn't want him anyways" crowd.

I normally just think you’re being negative but in this case, I would have to say you’re probably right 😖. At the end of the day it boils down to we have to start winning big games. Winning 6 or 7 games a year simply will not land top recruits.

I normally just think you’re being negative but in this case, I would have to say you’re probably right 😖. At the end of the day it boils down to we have to start winning big games. Winning 6 or 7 games a year simply will not land top recruits.
We landed 2 5*'s and 2 more that had been ranked as 5*'s at some point during the cycle last year... off a 5-7 season

It's negavol garbage-posting to say possibly the nation's already #1 facilities (definitely will be after the Neyland renovations) and #5 paid coaching staff can't and shouldn't land top recruits

Reactions: The Artful Dodger
We got trolled. It's going to be UGA.

Nb4 the "didn't want him anyways" crowd.

If he ultimately doesn't choose the University of Tennesse, then it will be in spite of our best efforts.

We have the reigning Recruiter of the Year and potential future position coach who has been his chief recruiter since he was a sophomore. The long term relationship is there, so I don't believe for one second that anyone is being trolled here. I suspect the staff knows precisely where we stand at this point, and if we don't sign this kid, no one will be blindsided. That's my intuition FWIW.

Reactions: Batman1948
No doubt we did everything we could. But the appeal of playing for championships is real.

Kirby has feasted on a historically weak East. The boosters stepped up their game to go with Kirby’s good recruiting. I still don’t think they are a championship caliber team. He got there his second year with Richt’s players leading the way, plus two first round NFL running backs. Since then it’s been back to back SEC championship losses.

Reactions: Pane di mais
@Sleegro
C2Pl7.gif
@Glitch @BaldBiker
giphy.gif

Does it though? Did HT tweet cryptic messages to other recruits?
The key to the HT recruitment was that Tosh Lupoi, the defensive coordinator at Alabama, HT's lead recruiter who was also Polynesian and actually went to HT's high school, left Alabama about 10-15 days before NSD. That totally changed the game, credit to our staff for prevailing once that game changer happened, but that's why we seemingly came out of nowhere in that recruitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back