Now that uga has lost, (Prediction)

UGA is not as good. The loss shows that. And Kirby did good with players Richt left over. Now he has to load up his roster. This team is soft. Next year we'll beat them.

Playoffs I think will be Bama, ND, Ohio St and Clemson. Don't see 2 sec teams getting in this year. Lot of great games yet to be played and hopefully our Vols can run the table after this Saturday

Agree on your final four with one caveat. If a one loss UGA wins the SEC CG vs an undefeated Alabama, I could see both getting in. But that really is the only was I could imagine two SEC teams in the playoffs. Other than that, I see your list as most likely scenario.

That won’t slow them much. They have a pretty good back up QB.
Tua puts them on a different level tho. They lose to UGA last year by 2 TDs if Hurts finished.

The handful of elite Ds can force them to throw the football. That's where the Tua/Hurts difference shows up and why he won the job last winter regardless of what Saban said about the job being open.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
Yeah that's true. As much as I hate Notre Dame, they have the most impressive resume so far. I think Bama would wax them, but they have played better teams this far.

They'll end up losing to USC or FSU. They don't want to get humiliated by Bama again.

He has the second worst completion percentage in the SEC at 53.3% and the 3rd worst QB rating in the SEC. Definitely not a great QB. He’s just a huge upgrade over the atrocious passers LSU had before.
Stats dont tell the whole story on him. He's a game manager and when they need him to pull thru he's pretty dependable. Not a great passer but that's not what they rely on him for. Be epic if LSU and Ohio St met in the playoffs and he beat them lol

Reactions: joevol33
Ive seen this too many times. Now that uga has lost, bama is the only SEC team with a true open shot at Natty title.
SEC officials will give bama every 50/50 call that occurs. Saw it start last night when a bama player attacks and
hits a Mizzou player THREE Times and then knees him in the back and NOTHING is called!

Hang on, if you don't believe me, just watch.....

Its not about bama, it's about the SEC wanting another title.
Preemptive blaming of the refs for our 48-17 loss?

the LSU/Bama game is huge.

if LSU wins out, they go to ATL and likely will rematch UGA. the winner of that game goes to the play off. and the way the pac 12 and big 12 and cannibalizing each other, it would at least open the door for 2 SEC teams to get in. but that, agian, depends on whether or not you have a 1 loss Bama team again, that's not playing in the SEC title game.

i think to hedge your bet, you'd also kinda want ND to lose. that would basically take way 3 contenders for that 4th spot.

and if someone not named Clemson wins the ACC.........chaos ensues.

figure OSU and Bama are in the best shape. but they both have a little work to do. Michigan, LSU, and a title game most likely.

should be interesting.

If Tua is not 100%, I think LSU clips Bama. LSU will arguably be Bama’s toughest game this year with a likely night game (CBS will flex that Saturday as long as UGA and UK have 2 losses or better).

I personally think Bama has no business playing Tua this week. But I do think there is an injury issue. His momma looked awfully upset leaving that tent. One play is all it takes to end Tua’s season. After all, how many times have we seen JG get rolled into a human pretzel this year only for him to pop right up?

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe

VN Store

Back