Now that uga has lost, (Prediction)

The East is up for grabs. Florida, Georgia and Kentucky. Georgia has been the least impressive I've watched all year. Not sure what it is but Fromm has looked horrible (outside the LSU game to) but I think he was 4th nationally going into the game in qbr. Something has just been off with that team. Guess we'll know after the Florida vs ga and KY vs ga games. I dunno what some you have been watching but Mays has been playing good, even great at times. KY with no QB I think will hurt them and the winner of ga vs FL will win the East.

Bama should have the West wrapped up. LSU will be a challenge for them but if tua is 100% by then they win by 20+. Their D is giving up more than normal cause the offense is scoring so stupid fast and the backups are giving up points in mop up duty. For Petes sake they hadn't punted since sept 22 till yesterday. They're young and not as deep to so that could figure in towards the end with injuries. I think their first team D was ranked 16th going into the mizz game. IF bama was to lose LSU needs to win out and A&M could get in their way. Burrow hasn't been good statistically but he's pulled thru when needed and he doesn't break down mentally. A&M is playing well and getting better each week like other teams. Bama blows out whoever wins the East in the championship.

Playoffs I think will be Bama, ND, Ohio St and Clemson. Don't see 2 sec teams getting in this year. Lot of great games yet to be played and hopefully our Vols can run the table after this Saturday

hell, we could still win the east. even if we lose to bama

a 3 loss, 3 way tie between us, uga, and ky could happen if florida loses out, ky beats uga but loses to one of vandy or mizzou and us, we win out if we lose to bama, uga loses to ky and aub. florida could beat uga...and the scenario would still hold true....uf and uga would switch places. beat bama, we in good shape.

basically we need both uf and uga to lose 2 more and uk to beat uga and be a tiebreaker team after losing to us

and.....us to win out after bama.

I hope the National pundit Georgia love continues for the next two weeks and the “Georgia is the Bama of the east” continues for the next two weeks. Florida is still getting no respect from most SEC and national media while they all assume Georgia is just repeating their roadmap from last year; one regular season beat down loss which only motivated them to start dominating. I hope UGA is a double digit favorite and we get two straight weeks of “Florida can’t win.” This Florida team, while flawed in spots, can beat anyone on its schedule including Georgia.

I tried to warn some of my big time UGA friends that you can't lose 30+ players on a roster of 85 to graduation without changing the team chemistry significantly. Couple that with Smart being a mediocre game day coach along with trying to play 2 QBs one of which is black and not allowed to throw a pass half way through the season, and then stir all that into a cocktail where everyone who took the field for UGA got their axx handed to them physically by LSU (many were on the bench just shaking their heads in disbelief) UGA may have the wheels come off for at least one more and maybe two additional losses. One thing is for sure, Fromme is NOT what everyone put him out there to be.

I tried to warn some of my big time UGA friends that you can't lose 30+ players on a roster of 85 to graduation without changing the team chemistry significantly. Couple that with Smart being a mediocre game day coach along with trying to play 2 QBs one of which is black and not allowed to throw a pass half way through the season, and then stir all that into a cocktail where everyone who took the field for UGA got their axx handed to them physically by LSU (many were on the bench just shaking their heads in disbelief) UGA may have the wheels come off for at least one more and maybe two additional losses. One thing is for sure, Fromme is NOT what everyone put him out there to be.

Agree, and think of the studs they lost as part of that 30+; Chubb and Michel on offense, Lorenzo Carter and Roquan Smith on defense, you don’t just plug and play after losing those dudes. And now they’ve got a QB controversy brewing as all the UGA fans have been programmed to believe that Fields is the next Cam Newton. He may well turn out to be great, but even Cam Newton wasn’t great at 18 years old. Another loss and that nutty fan base may be ready to run Kirby out of town.

Under a different coach and staff. Also, LSU has finally gotten a great QB and QB play. Something they haven’t had since Matt Flynn. This isn’t the LSU of Old. If it was, Coach O wouldn’t be 6-1.

Sad you can’t differeniate between the two.

Burrow isnt a great QB.

Reactions: Remy
Since we are making predictions....this will be the dose of reality uga needed. They will see the flaws, stop buying the hype, and win out followed by a win in the SEC championship. This will land them in the playoffs. I don't want it to happen but I can easily see this playing out.

Georgia is not that good.

Reactions: Remy
I’m not the one guaranteeing losses and wins as the gospel. You are. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
Good morning. I think you misunderstood. I’m guessing they’ll lose but of course I have no idea. I don’t make guarantees about things over which I have no control. I just don’t buy into Ed O and think they’ll lose to Bama and drop one more and you think they won’t. While I love football, it’s just a game and doesn’t impact my daily life. I wanted to apologize for calling you an ass. And a moron. The last sentence of your initial post rubbed me the wrong way because I don’t understand why people can’t just discuss topics without belittling others with opposing views. I never respond by doing the same but last night I did so I apologize. Have a great Bama week and Go Vols!

Reactions: Mtnvol80
Just curious, how does Fields being black come into the equation? I’m not baiting you into an argument. I just don’t see how it is relevant and am curious as to what relevance you see.

Just curious, how does Fields being black come into the equation? I’m not baiting you into an argument. I just don’t see how it is relevant and am curious as to what relevance you see.

It is relevant because some of the fan base and pundits are discussing why if Fields was the #1 QB coming out of HS, and he was, and you have committed to playinng him, apparently that is true, he gets on the field in every game, why has he not been allowed to throw the ball downfield? There are some suggesting it is due to his race, Fromme was allowed to as a frosh, Fields has not to date. There are some in Athens angry about it, not a mob yet, but there is tension in some quarters about it. I don't know why, I do know it limits his ability to be successful if the defense knows when he takes the field as QB, it's a lead pipe cinch running play THAT in itself makes the same pro Fields group angrier, they are not in the majority yet. but there is a wound, it is infected, bactine can fix it now, but if Smart let's it go to long, hospitalization and surgery could be required.

Yet, they'll get it anyway. Holding? Will not be illegal for them in that game. P.I's? No concept of that, at least when they are on D.

It’s frustrating. Great teams don’t get called for holding, PI, lining up incorrectly, etc. They get the benefit of the doubt. I hope we are there again soon.

It is relevant because some of the fan base and pundits are discussing why if Fields was the #1 QB coming out of HS, and he was, and you have committed to playinng him, apparently that is true, he gets on the field in every game, why has he not been allowed to throw the ball downfield? There are some suggesting it is due to his race, Fromme was allowed to as a frosh, Fields has not to date. There are some in Athens angry about it, not a mob yet, but there is tension in some quarters about it. I don't know why, I do know it limits his ability to be successful if the defense knows when he takes the field as QB, it's a lead pipe cinch running play THAT in itself makes the same pro Fields group angrier, they are not in the majority yet. but there is a wound, it is infected, bactine can fix it now, but if Smart let's it go to long, hospitalization and surgery could be required.
Gotcha. Thanks for explaining. I haven’t heard any of that and I really hope that isn’t the case. You’d think as a society we would be past such things but I know that isn’t always the case. I think he stuck with Fromm because Fromm has earned the right to lead the team through thick or thin but I could certainly be wrong.

Bama was borderline thuggery...the Dawgs are an unknown now...they could come out next game and play like national champions...that's why I watch college football...like a box of chocolates...:D

GO VOLS...BEAT BAMA!

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Ive seen this too many times. Now that uga has lost, bama is the only SEC team with a true open shot at Natty title.
SEC officials will give bama every 50/50 call that occurs. Saw it start last night when a bama player attacks and
hits a Mizzou player THREE Times and then knees him in the back and NOTHING is called!

Hang on, if you don't believe me, just watch.....

Its not about bama, it's about the SEC wanting another title.

Good grief, man up. You sound like a Bama fan from the early 2000's. Better teams do get the benefit of the doubt on some calls because the refs are human and anticipate penalties on the inferior team, but you have to overcome that. There's no conspiracy going on.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
LSU and Georgia are both legit contenders. If LSU beats Bama and then beats Georgia in the title game, Bama and LSU are both gonna go.
the LSU/Bama game is huge.

if LSU wins out, they go to ATL and likely will rematch UGA. the winner of that game goes to the play off. and the way the pac 12 and big 12 and cannibalizing each other, it would at least open the door for 2 SEC teams to get in. but that, agian, depends on whether or not you have a 1 loss Bama team again, that's not playing in the SEC title game.

i think to hedge your bet, you'd also kinda want ND to lose. that would basically take way 3 contenders for that 4th spot.

and if someone not named Clemson wins the ACC.........chaos ensues.

figure OSU and Bama are in the best shape. but they both have a little work to do. Michigan, LSU, and a title game most likely.

should be interesting.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Every SEC team with 1 or fewer losses is still alive. A 1 loss SEC champ is in, regardless of who it is.

Ive seen this too many times. Now that uga has lost, bama is the only SEC team with a true open shot at Natty title.
SEC officials will give bama every 50/50 call that occurs. Saw it start last night when a bama player attacks and
hits a Mizzou player THREE Times and then knees him in the back and NOTHING is called!

Hang on, if you don't believe me, just watch.....

Its not about bama, it's about the SEC wanting another title.

Say hi to the black helicopters for me.....

Thanks for making it a race issue....

Ga and LSU still control their own destiny, both win out and will play in the SECCG and the winner would go to the playoffs. Tougher road for LSU, Ga won’t be less than a 10 point favorite over the rest of their schedule.

Would not surprise me in the least bit for Georgia to lose to Florida also. I’m also thinking Florida could wind up winning the east.

Personally I want to see the world burn and watch Kentucky win the east with a 6-2 SEC record

Last edited:

VN Store

Back