Now that the dust has settled; Consider this

I put this loss on CJP. I still think he's a good coach, he just made a terrible mistake of trying to rotate his linemen during a game and not settling on the starters before the game. No one knew their assignments very well and it showed. Don't know if he's taken responsibility for that or not.

Pick five and get them working together.

Imagine what a Dobbs would have done up the middle yesterday, JG is nothing more than an inept, immobile QB; he can't move and has no imagination whatsoever - no chance at improvising when alternatives are there for the taking.

Dobbs would have ended the game yesterday with the same number of passing TDs and INTs, but he'd have also had 4 rushing TDs himself, and we'd have won the game 49-38.

Reactions: Rockyjr and AM64
This game reminded me a lot of when Alabama lost to Louisiana Monroe in 2007. I know the situations are different, but I’m sure Alabama fans thought that was the lowest of the low for the program. I don’t know yet if Pruitt is the right guy for the job, but he atleast deserves more time to right the ship.
That was Year 1 for them. This is Pruitt's 2nd year

Consider this. It was Georgia State. A team that has only existed since 2010. A team that went 2-10 last year. A team with a 30-77 All-Time record.

Reactions: Rockyjr
Hey, if you cant be ready to play stay home. If the scheme is to hard scrap it. these kids have been playing football all their lives and should be able to play a base defense and HIT some one. They should be able to line up on offense and run a basic hand off or slant or post or out route and HIT some one.

PERIOD!

I'm not so sure it' s bad coaching as much as it is too much coaching. All I have to go on is listening to Pruitt and the players. He talks about how they don't know how to line up. What? These kids have played ball most of their lives. Then he gets them worried about how much grass there is between him and his team mate instead of looking to make a play. I don't know, but something shocking needs to happe. Let JJ be QB for a few series.

I think you need a personality like Jennings at QB because he is an Alpha male personality. That is why he has the ball in his hands in high school. Even at WR when he gets the ball he is a beast to bring down.

Some guys just want to play QB to play QB. He played QB to help win the damn game.

The SENIOR QB Of the Defense (Bituli))_ was replaced by a true Freshman; TALENTED but not ready for every aspect. The leader of the secondary was replaced by a true Freshman. The Oline was made up of True Freshmen and Smith; who hadn't played since the Blood Clot issue. NEW Coordinators on both sides of the ball. ALL of these factors weighed in the outcome. Discombobulated.
All valid points until you decide to evaluate our talent vs theirs. There is zero excuse for our athletes to lose to theirs.

That was Year 1 for them. This is Pruitt's 2nd year

I think that was O5 and Shula's Last Year. The ULM loss was the straw. I remember it well. Neal McCeady (A ULM Alum) was a broadcaster on WNSP Radio and he jokingly predicted LM would give bama fits. Well they did! Shula was fired and SO WAS McCready; The Talk show was in Mobile; TIDE Country! LOL.

Yes but you still have to adjust to win the game. The halftime adjustments were terrible. We came out looking even worse in the second half. (We were not that bad in the first half. Weren't great but we still were moving the ball and stopping Georgia State somewhat).

I Agree. Tennessee looked no better in the second half; let GS take the ball down and score. BITULI was the factor on Defense. Like losing your only QB on Offense.

Even if this game was started by 22 true freshmen I wouldn't accept a loss to Georgia St.

That's just silly. Freshmen make too many mistakes. And GS has 15 starters back . They are on Scholarship too. And the QB bested our guy!

1. As previously mentioned, it was Georgia State.

2. Maybe y'all need to look at stuff like this objectively before the season starts and think seriously if 9-3, 10-2, are reasonable expectations.

As someone else said, it's an endless cycle. Before the season, Tennessee is loaded and ready to make some noise. Preseason polls and All-SEC teams are biased and picked by people who don't have a clue. Then, the season plays out, Tennessee doesn't go to a bowl or barely qualifies, no one is selected to the All-SEC team, no one is drafted, and the coach did about as well as any human possibly could considering the lack of talent and how brutal the schedule is.

I think this game was indeed a fluke. What isn't a fluke is that Tennessee isn't close to where any fan would want them to be

Too bad FLORIDA can't afford to have a Fan Site. TYVM. We don't need your a$$ opinions

Last edited:
Forget that it was Georgia State for a moment.

We couldn’t substitute or get lined up correctly. Guys running on and off the field. Guys lost. JG doing same sh!t as last year but thinking he played fine. OL whiffing on assignments. Unacceptable.

The worst part is right after the game Pruitt said they were prepared and ready.

It was amateur hour and a total cluster out there.

This game reminded me a lot of when Alabama lost to Louisiana Monroe in 2007. I know the situations are different, but I’m sure Alabama fans thought that was the lowest of the low for the program. I don’t know yet if Pruitt is the right guy for the job, but he atleast deserves more time to right the ship.
1567372662117.jpeg

Reactions: FLVOL_79
So..youre saying we are on the cusp of a dynasty?! OH YEAH!

VN Store

Back