Now that the dust has settled; Consider this

What about JG?
The Qb position should be as open as the rest of them. JG did not look sharp at all, I seen zero improvement with that performance. At some point they are going to have to let the younger Qb's play if he can't do any better than that. And he cannot blame it all on the offensive line, he was slow reacting and simply cannot make a play when things break down. He is TOO SLOW REACTING and we have seen it time and time AGAIN! GBO!!!!!

This game reminded me a lot of when Alabama lost to Louisiana Monroe in 2007. I know the situations are different, but I’m sure Alabama fans thought that was the lowest of the low for the program. I don’t know yet if Pruitt is the right guy for the job, but he atleast deserves more time to right the ship.

You can get away with a bad loss in year one. Pruitt got a lot of leeway even with poor performances against UTEP and Charlotte, and getting throttled by Missouri and Vanderbilt.

A coach can't come out in year two, and lose to Georgia State in the home opener.

The SENIOR QB Of the Defense (Bituli))_ was replaced by a true Freshman; TALENTED but not ready for every aspect. The leader of the secondary was replaced by a true Freshman. The Oline was made up of True Freshmen and Smith; who hadn't played since the Blood Clot issue. NEW Coordinators on both sides of the ball. ALL of these factors weighed in the outcome. Discombobulated.

1. As previously mentioned, it was Georgia State.

2. Maybe y'all need to look at stuff like this objectively before the season starts and think seriously if 9-3, 10-2, are reasonable expectations.

As someone else said, it's an endless cycle. Before the season, Tennessee is loaded and ready to make some noise. Preseason polls and All-SEC teams are biased and picked by people who don't have a clue. Then, the season plays out, Tennessee doesn't go to a bowl or barely qualifies, no one is selected to the All-SEC team, no one is drafted, and the coach did about as well as any human possibly could considering the lack of talent and how brutal the schedule is.

I think this game was indeed a fluke. What isn't a fluke is that Tennessee isn't close to where any fan would want them to be

If this team were even half-way prepared well for this game, our starters would have been out by 5 minutes into the third quarter and we'd have been playing 3rd stringers and walk-ons before the end of the game.

Pruitt never had the team capable of doing so last year, and given that we just lost to the bottom of the Sunbelt conference, he won't this year either.

We're poorly coached, and what talent we do have is underdeveloped and misused on game day.

This baffles me. Isn’t that what he’s supposed to be good at?? I’ve read that Rocker is awful and Friend is a friend (pun) but all the other coaches are good at developing talent.

Reactions: Rockyjr
Best case scenario is our coaching staff tried treating this like a practice expecting this to be a blowout, and now moving forward, we'll see fewer guys playing that shouldn't be playing. We will see a far more aggressive game plan offensively and defensively.

That's best case scenario.

Worst case scenario, this team struggles to win another game all season long, including against UTC and UAB.

Either way, I think fan apathy is at an all-time high.
Well they better manhandle BYU and about a 30 point blowout to even convince me

I put this loss on CJP. I still think he's a good coach, he just made a terrible mistake of trying to rotate his linemen during a game and not settling on the starters before the game. No one knew their assignments very well and it showed. Don't know if he's taken responsibility for that or not.

This game reminded me a lot of when Alabama lost to Louisiana Monroe in 2007. I know the situations are different, but I’m sure Alabama fans thought that was the lowest of the low for the program. I don’t know yet if Pruitt is the right guy for the job, but he atleast deserves more time to right the ship.

I am starting to develop a conspiracy theory about that game now.

I am becoming convinced that Saban threw that game (since Alabama was going nowhere that season anyway) on purpose so that a small percentage of people who see their program go up in flames can say "hey, saban lost to louisiana-monroe. these things happen".

Reactions: McDad
I'm not so sure it' s bad coaching as much as it is too much coaching. All I have to go on is listening to Pruitt and the players. He talks about how they don't know how to line up. What? These kids have played ball most of their lives. Then he gets them worried about how much grass there is between him and his team mate instead of looking to make a play. I don't know, but something shocking needs to happe. Let JJ be QB for a few series.

Reactions: 1967vol
The SENIOR QB Of the Defense (Bituli))_ was replaced by a true Freshman; TALENTED but not ready for every aspect. The leader of the secondary was replaced by a true Freshman. The Oline was made up of True Freshmen and Smith; who hadn't played since the Blood Clot issue. NEW Coordinators on both sides of the ball. ALL of these factors weighed in the outcome. Discombobulated.

It looked like Tennessee’s entire squad was out and replaced by a middle school team. And Georgia States players were out and replaced by the Tampa bay buccaneers.

Reactions: AM64 and amorange

And we still should have beaten this team by at least 2 TDs.

Keep reaching.

Best case scenario is our coaching staff tried treating this like a practice expecting this to be a blowout, and now moving forward, we'll see fewer guys playing that shouldn't be playing. We will see a far more aggressive game plan offensively and defensively.

That's best case scenario.

Worst case scenario, this team struggles to win another game all season long, including against UTC and UAB.

Either way, I think fan apathy is at an all-time high.

Yes but you still have to adjust to win the game. The halftime adjustments were terrible. We came out looking even worse in the second half. (We were not that bad in the first half. Weren't great but we still were moving the ball and stopping Georgia State somewhat).

Reactions: Rockyjr

Smh.

I'm so freakin' sick of this being brought up; or did you forget it was brought up with Dooley and Jones too?

Reactions: BeardedVol

So the staff that gets paid around what 10M can’t figure out a game plan to beat a staff that makes what 1M tops, I am sure if you gave it bamas talent, they would win

Reactions: amorange
It ain’t no excuses u can make for this team Georgia state just came in here whooped that ass that’s what it comes down to they outplayed on the field and coaching so Pruitt better turn this around starting tomorrow evening at practice since the sun is shining 😒

Reactions: amorange
And how many players who played with no passion? No guts? It was Georgia Freakin State. Quit making pansy azzed excuses, and a fool of yourself. This was just a fiasco. Pure and simple. Personally, I think every last person involved in that game should be drug tested. Now.

And not to say they threw the game, but they could not have played any worse.

Your post is 100% accurate its yr 2 for CJP and Georgia State comes to your house and totally pounds Tenn into the turf, time for excuses coach speeches is over
who is going to lead this team. Totally disappointed in CJP shows no emotion or urgency ...…...…………………...

Gray is already better than Chandler.

At this point idk if Smith will ever be what he was his freshman year.

I didn’t get to see the game yesterday and haven’t watched the replay I recorded but I need to just to see Gray. Sounds like he can be special.
I don’t know that you can say anyone on D is a legit talent after giving up 38 to a 2-10 GaSt team at home

I didn’t get to see the game yesterday and haven’t watched the replay I recorded but I need to just to see Gray. Sounds like he can be special.
I don’t know that you can say anyone on D is a legit talent after giving up 38 to a 2-10 GaSt team at home

Gray has IT, and it's obvious. He could be special.

We have no penetration from our D line. If we did GS would not have scored more than 14.

I would consider it, but I dont really consider dumb excuses.

The Qb position should be as open as the rest of them. JG did not look sharp at all, I seen zero improvement with that performance. At some point they are going to have to let the younger Qb's play if he can't do any better than that. And he cannot blame it all on the offensive line, he was slow reacting and simply cannot make a play when things break down. He is TOO SLOW REACTING and we have seen it time and time AGAIN! GBO!!!!!

Imagine what a Dobbs would have done up the middle yesterday, JG is nothing more than an inept, immobile QB; he can't move and has no imagination whatsoever - no chance at improvising when alternatives are there for the taking.

VN Store

Back