Now that the dust has settled; Consider this

JohnWardForever

The SENIOR QB Of the Defense (Bituli))_ was replaced by a true Freshman; TALENTED but not ready for every aspect. The leader of the secondary was replaced by a true Freshman. The Oline was made up of True Freshmen and Smith; who hadn't played since the Blood Clot issue. NEW Coordinators on both sides of the ball. ALL of these factors weighed in the outcome. Discombobulated.

The SENIOR QB Of the Defense (Bituli))_ was replaced by a true Freshman; TALENTED but not ready for every aspect. The leader of the secondary was replaced by a true Freshman. The Oline was made up of True Freshmen and Smith; who hadn't played since the Blood Clot issue. NEW Coordinators on both sides of the ball. ALL of these factors weighed in the outcome. Discombobulated.
That might fly agaisnt USC and Mississippi state but not GA state, Vandy, BYU

The SENIOR QB Of the Defense (Bitoli)_ was replaced by a true Freshman; TALENTED but not ready for every aspect. The leader of the secondary was replaced by a true Freshman. The Oline was made up of True Freshmen and Smith; who hadn't played since the Blood Clot issue. NEW Coordinators on both sides of the ball. ALL of these factors weighed in the outcome. Discombobulated.

Best case scenario is our coaching staff tried treating this like a practice expecting this to be a blowout, and now moving forward, we'll see fewer guys playing that shouldn't be playing. We will see a far more aggressive game plan offensively and defensively.

That's best case scenario.

Worst case scenario, this team struggles to win another game all season long, including against UTC and UAB.

Either way, I think fan apathy is at an all-time high.

Best case scenario is our coaching staff tried treating this like a practice expecting this to be a blowout, and now moving forward, we'll see fewer guys playing that shouldn't be playing. We will see a far more aggressive game plan offensively and defensively.

Worst case scenario, this team struggles to win another game all season long, including against UTC and UAB.

Bc player apathy seems to be at an all-time high.

And how many players who played with no passion? No guts? It was Georgia Freakin State. Quit making pansy azzed excuses, and a fool of yourself. This was just a fiasco. Pure and simple. Personally, I think every last person involved in that game should be drug tested. Now.

And not to say they threw the game, but they could not have played any worse.

Last edited:

If this team were even half-way prepared well for this game, our starters would have been out by 5 minutes into the third quarter and we'd have been playing 3rd stringers and walk-ons before the end of the game.

Pruitt never had the team capable of doing so last year, and given that we just lost to the bottom of the Sunbelt conference, he won't this year either.

We're poorly coached, and what talent we do have is underdeveloped and misused on game day.

If you're only one or two players away from losing to a Georgia State type team; then you have HUGE problems.

I really really hope that Pruitt misjudged this match treating it as a gloried scrimmage and a trial for positions, if not the team is in real trouble, next Saturday will provide many answers.

The shocking thing is the result was fair, in fact we scored in garbage time

What about JG?

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
I'm sorry but there was NO enthusiasm at all on the field except for maybe Juan Jennings. Its like church sometimes you need that hellstorm, fire, and brimstone. Light a fire under some butts. Give them a purpose to play.

Reactions: Rockyjr
This game reminded me a lot of when Alabama lost to Louisiana Monroe in 2007. I know the situations are different, but I’m sure Alabama fans thought that was the lowest of the low for the program. I don’t know yet if Pruitt is the right guy for the job, but he atleast deserves more time to right the ship.

VN Store

Back