Now that the dust has settled; Consider this

BLAH BLAH BLAH....................We got it handed to us by Georgia State! They smacked us and made us like it. IF a supposed highley rated 9Star is a Freshman....then he sux and isnt as good as rated. Soft. Slow. No Coaching!!! Freshman or Seniors...........it is what it is!!

View attachment 222156

This is the guy we should have hired.

Reactions: GoVols64
I put this loss on CJP. I still think he's a good coach, he just made a terrible mistake of trying to rotate his linemen during a game and not settling on the starters before the game. No one knew their assignments very well and it showed. Don't know if he's taken responsibility for that or not.
That was a huge mistake. For 2 weeks leading up to the game I read repeatedly that Chaney was working with Friend and the OLine. Should have went with the 5 best and I don't think Trey is back quite yet. Must do it now so we can develop some continuity on OL. We have the nucleus to establish a decent run game but shuffling linemen it and out is plum stupid when the season has started. No they weren't prepared and it's all on CJP. We'll soon see if it's fixed. Should have a little more film to go by to make the decision. BTW Pruitt did take full responsibility.

I still think we lost the game in the second quarter when we were up 14 to 7 and didn't go for it on 4th and inches. The team had been starting to find a rhythm and build up steam. After that punt, Ga State marched do the field to score in a long drive.

A veteran team would shake that off and pour on more steam but I really think the team felt like Coach didn't believe in them and they laid down and quit.
I just saw the 1st half. We played fair with 3 exceptions.....1) UT went for it on 4th and 1. They had succeeded prior on a QB sneak. This time though 2 LB'ers moved up on each side of the nose-tackle. This was in full view of JG. Hell I knew immediately they had no intention of allowing another QB sneak. Why didn't our RS Junior QB not sense it and call T/O? I mean that was a no brainer,imo. 2) Attempting to thread a pass between 2 defenders near the goal line that was INT but he got bailed out on that one due to PI call and next pass to Palmer in back of endzone sailed high. It hit Palmer's hands but had a lot of zip on it. We settled for a FG.....3) I think it was 2nd or 3rd play of the game when JG attempted what I thought was a swing pass but clearly shown to be a lateral which was thrown way too hard from such a short distance making it harder for Ty to catch,imo. Many on here say he lacks touch and I agree based on that attempt which was ruled a fumble, a turnover leading to their 1st TD.
This all occurred in 1st half. I've read on here 2nd half was worse but I've yet to see it. I've tried to stay away from bashing JG in this forum but he's bringing it on himself,imo. He's not a team leader by any means and as i stated above he lacks awareness due to not sensing that they were going to stuff an attempt at a QB sneak and he went on and ran the play anyway. I felt it far more important that we give it all we got to maintain possession of the ball in that instance. I guess the point I'm attempting to make is that we have to develop the OLine 1st and foremost so we can have a chance at a decent run game. On top of that we have to get some playing time for our DLine and break-in these new recruits at LB'er positions. Pruitt's plate is already full enough now we have to consider replacing the QB which is difficult when we already have these other pressing problems. JG should man up and alleviate the burden he is actually causing and be a team leader,an asset, instead of a liability which it appears may be the case.

VN Store

Back