Not so sure!!!!

I’d like to see our run game better. Not gonna complain about defense. Throwing game would have been better if we could run more.

We got lucky. They missed 3 fieldgoals amd played with a hurt quarterback. I really expected much more from our Vols. I am not convinced we have turned any corner.... Hopefully this was just a tough game. I worry about Florida and if we do not play consistent we may have a few more losses... keeping fingers crossed.
Same

We gave them the game over and over again, but we came out with the win regardless. We have to play smarter, as we were far more talented than they were.

We weren't as sharp as we needed to be, but the reality is we beat a top 20 team on the road. We're 2-0, which is exactly where we needed to be after week 2.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
We got lucky. They missed 3 fieldgoals amd played with a hurt quarterback. I really expected much more from our Vols. I am not convinced we have turned any corner.... Hopefully this was just a tough game. I worry about Florida and if we do not play consistent we may have a few more losses... keeping fingers crossed.
A hurt 2nd string QB, second string center, second string right guard by 4th quarter.

Heck, today we not only proved we can win a tough game on the road, but also that our defense can play a big part in helping us win games.

Edited to add. Outside of two plays, we held them to just 3.3 yards per play. That's really impressive. Just can't let those big plays happen. Also they didn't miss 3 field goals, just 2.

Last edited:
If you want to talk luck OP, just look at how many of Pitts passes were tipped (that are usually INTs or incomplete passes) that they got LUCKY and caught. It went both ways and UT played to Win and they Did!

There was a time the back up would come in and look like he should be starting, so the fact that they had to resort to the back up and we still put that heat on him is what I’m impressed about

Hey… pssst… come here…

Vols won. 2-0 baby!

Eat your pizza. Drink your beer. Get a good night’s sleep. There’s a lot more football to play.

GBO!

Last edited:
We got lucky?!? Sure, Pitt missed x2 field goals, but that was after we fumbled, muffed a punt, and had a punt blocked. Pitt had multiple catches where it ricochet off one our guys and on we on the other hand were dropping sure TD passes and missing wide open guys....I say we weren't lucky at all. We stuck with it and overcame the football god's curse hanging over us.

Gotta get better on Special Teams. Both errors were very costly. We've also got to be more consistent on offense and Hendon can't keep holding the ball so long. When pressure comes, get rid of it. Offense started completely flat and also disappeared for most of the 2nd half. Running game was pathetic all night. And too many drive killing penalties.

But we won. And that's what matters. Postives were the defensive line and the WRs. Both balled out all night.

We dropped 3 or 4 interceptions. Got a holding call against us I've never seen called in many many decades of watching football. Dropped a touchdown. Over threw two more open touchdowns. Tipped two balls that fell right into their hands for gains. They completed at least 8 passes while the QB was getting killed. We got crushed on field position twice on a muff and a punt block.

If we got lucky I'd hate to see us have bad luck.

We had plenty of opportunities. If we don’t take advantage of those against sec teams, we will lose.

Ask Tim Starkey if he'd take an ugly win. Enjoy it baby.

Last edited:
Reactions: screenthis
Funny how you can just have such different perspectives. I kind of feel like they got lucky to be able to stay in the game. We gave them two turnovers in the second half and also allowed them to compete a couple of very/very low percentage conversions to hang around and eventually force overtime. We could’ve easily pulled away to win by a couple of scores.
Some of our fans need to learn how to appreciate a win…especially on the road l against a team ranked no17 when we have a bunch of tough breaks go against us

If there’s one thing that I’ve learned…it’s that a win is a win is a win and I’ll enjoy them all. Let’s blow out Akron next week and come prime and ready to battle against Florida. At the end of the day, we beat a good team on the road and found a way to win. Yep, they missed three field goals…but “the team that makes the fewest mistakes will win”.

If anything I feel good that we didn’t anywhere near our potential and still won. We should’ve beaten them by 3 scores.

Reactions: JoAllan
Vols beat a good team at their place and we got lucky? Tillman also dropped a TD that would have put us up two scores. Were we flawless? Heck no but we won and that is all that matters. Two top ten teams took Big fat Ls today btw. The odds makers predicted our game perfectly. GBO!!!

Like I keep saying. Good teams find a way to win. Bama should have lost today. Do you think they're a good team?

VN Store

Back