Not so sure!!!!

Voldawg1970

We got lucky. They missed 3 fieldgoals amd played with a hurt quarterback. I really expected much more from our Vols. I am not convinced we have turned any corner.... Hopefully this was just a tough game. I worry about Florida and if we do not play consistent we may have a few more losses... keeping fingers crossed.

We got lucky. They missed 3 fieldgoals amd played with a hurt quarterback. I really expected much more from our Vols. I am not convinced we have turned any corner.... Hopefully this was just a tough game. I worry about Florida and if we do not play consistent we may have a few more losses... keeping fingers crossed.
Got the monkey off the back. Look for more confidence from both the players and coaches. Texas am will be coming for CJH Lol.

We muffed a punt and had a punt blocked. Also we started really slow. See? I can make excuses too.

Who do you reckon knocked those quarterbacks out? Offense did play terrible, just my opinion, but nobody gave em that game. They earned the win.

AND there were how many dropped tds?
But you're right

Only counts when its against the vols, , right?

And if we don’t muffed the punt or Wright doesnt fumble we most likely win in regulation. This was a defensive battle

Who do you reckon knocked those quarterbacks out? Offense did play terrible, just my opinion, but nobody gave em that game. They earned the win.

Exactly. We physically beat their offensive line and quarterbacks up all game long. It's not like their QBs got hurt by the turf monster. We pounded them.

We’ll definitely lose a few more games. We don’t have an every down back, we’re offensively predictable, we telegraph to Tillman. We can’t cover big receivers or anyone on a slant. That said, we won. Banks is a good hire. We didn’t quit. Defense played courageously. Can’t see how we’ll stop Richardson, but we might get them to the fourth quarter close. If so, we have a shot. Bama is a loss. Georgia is a loss. We can win every other game. That’s pretty impressive momentum for year two.

Last edited:
We’ll definitely lose a few more games. We don’t have an every down back, we’re offensively predictable, we telegraph to Tillman. We can cover big receivers or anyone on a slant. That said, we won. Banks is a good hire. We didn’t quit. Defense played courageously. Can’t see how we’ll stop Richardson, but we might get them to the fourth quarter close. If so, we have a shot. Bama is a loss. Georgia is a loss. We can win every other game. That’s pretty impressive momentum for year two.
I seriously think people are jumping to conclusions with FL. I get it they have our number but there defense wasn’t very impressive last week and they don’t have skill players like we do on offense.

We fought hard and found a way to win. I'm not pleased with this game either and we definitely have a lot of things to clean up. However in the past we usually lose these types of games more often than not. With that being said I'm glad we won, showed our players we can win in hard games and let's clean it up for next week. GBO!!!

I want to preface this by saying I am not calling for UT to win a natty this year. The commentators pointed out this was the first game UT has played in the northeast since Syracuse 1998. Yall who are older than me me will remember that was a tight game against a scrappy big east team similar to Pitt nowadays, that UT could have easily lost, but UT won all the rest. Something about going out of your comfort zone can bring sloppy play. Not sure what happens the rest of this season but all I can say is it's better to win ugly than to be A&M or Notre Lame.

The offensive line could not get any push or create lanes for the runners, their pass protection was none existent, other than they they played great. Hooker was not given time and most of his throws were rushed.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
26 Qb pressures and some of y’all was complaining about no sacks… and Tillman actually had a below avg game even with his big stats…if he catches a few more we win in regulation with ease… either way I’m glad we got the Win every game won’t be pretty… just win baby GBO

Had nothing to do with luck. Stop trying to downplay what this team did. Get that luck crap out of here. Nobody is saying we turned the corner. This team was tested big time and showed up to play when it counted.

I seriously think people are jumping to conclusions with FL. I get it they have our number but there defense wasn’t very impressive last week and they don’t have skill players like we do on offense.
I’m not phoning in the loss. Our D doesn’t handle running QB’s well. If we stay in it late, we’ll have a shot.

VN Store

Back