Not so sure!!!!

Agreed - we are going to need to improve in many areas - but we did play hard and managed to pull out a win. We are not as good on offense as we were at this time last year. Needs a lot of work. We did get some good pressure on the qbs which was very good to see.
This can be rsolved by getting Hyatt the ball in space like they did Velus. Hyatt has played his ass off so far this season. I feel we have the best WR group in the SEC

A "few more losses" is expected and IMO a certainty. I said 7 wins was expected and 8 would make me very happy. We're still miles away from where we want to be but we got a quality win on the road vs a ranked opponent. At this point, fans need to enjoy any and every win. We're not as good as folks were saying and we're not as bad as we appeared at times today. Limited roster can't be fixed in a year or two. Maybe after a couple more classes and being more active in the portal will help us get things turned around. Enjoy the win. Our kids fought hard.
I agree we are not at the the top of the SEC however we can beat everyone else on out schedule. If Bama plays like today in Neyland we will have a shot

Telegraphing to Tillman will stop. I Thought out of all the WR Hyatt had the best game. He caught badically everything thrown to him and played really well. I know Tillman had two tds and Bru had one but this was the best game Hyatt has played as a Vol imo... Especially on critical downs
Very true. He was open on several more plays. I think Hooker just had target vision in the face of that rush.

It wasn’t a revelation. It was a response to someone else’s observation. As for the more part, it’s a typo leftover from deleting something. Thanks for stopping by.
My apologies for responding to what you posted and not what you meant to post. Mea culpa for not recognizing your typo.

Mea Culpa? I’ll assume that’s the end of your Latin vocabulary, and file it next to your Saturday night beer logic. The whole point of your post was to be a jackass. It didn’t bring anything new to the conversation. The “more” comment is petty and stupid, and the notion that it’s not a revelation is just late night drool too. The original poster said “more”. I didn’t want to drag him into a school marm usage discussion because it’s a football board, and what’s the point? I originally intended to put the word in quotes to make the distinction, without rubbing his nose in it. Luckily you were there to apply an extra eighty IQ points to the mysterious case. As for the losses not being a “revelation”, it was a direct response to the original post. No, it’s not a revelation. It wasn’t presented as one. We’ll lose some games. It’s a reply- in a thread. Go kick your dog. He thinks you’re cool.

Our defensive front took a big leap forward.

As a whole, defense played well but need a cornerback to step up.

Our offense though. In some ways, they seemed to be struggling with the pressure of the game importance. At times the play calling was a little puzzling. Our run game has a way to go. We need better performance from more receivers. In general, we seemed limited in our offense compared to previous performances.

With all of that said, we did beat a very good Pitt team. We made enough plays on both sides of the ball to win a fantastic fight away from home. I am glad we had this chance to play a quality team early. The "tape" from this game will provide many teaching/learning opportunities.

Looking forward, we lose to Bama and Dawgs, we have toss ups with KY, FL, and LSU (which is the most likely win of the three), and we should win the other games.

Thanks to Pitt for helping us get better. I hope we did the same for you.

I am excited to see this team continue to grow.

Last edited:
Reactions: 65YearsAVol
Honestly as sloppy as we were I’m feeling better about the Florida game. Richardson played awful. 2 picks. Has no touch on short passes. Cannot throw when being pressured. QBR of 3.8 and around 40% completion rate. Sure he can beat you with his legs but Kentucky was able to contain him pretty well. He only had 4 yards rushing.

Reactions: norrislakevol
Our offense looked less than stellar because the Pitt D pressured Hooker all game, early and often. They were in our backfield before our receivers could get three steps downfield. Our O line played okay, but really did only an average job at best of picking up the blitzes. Don’t us recall hitting a slant, screen or an RB as a safety valve rolling out of the backfield. Not sure what Hype’s thought process was there or if Pitt was just taking those options away and I missed it. Just glad our D hung in there and got some big stops near the end of the game. Pitt gave us a lot of things to think about and work on.

I think we played a terrible game and came out with a victory against a ranked opponent.

We got lucky. They missed 3 fieldgoals amd played with a hurt quarterback. I really expected much more from our Vols. I am not convinced we have turned any corner.... Hopefully this was just a tough game. I worry about Florida and if we do not play consistent we may have a few more losses... keeping fingers crossed.
Hurt QB ain’t our problem. That is squarely on them if they can’t protect their QB from getting hit again and again. Kudos to our defense for getting to him and knocking him out. Get outta here with that excuse. I could also say that we run them out of the stadium without those 3 second half turnovers.

We got lucky. They missed 3 fieldgoals amd played with a hurt quarterback. I really expected much more from our Vols. I am not convinced we have turned any corner.... Hopefully this was just a tough game. I worry about Florida and if we do not play consistent we may have a few more losses... keeping fingers crossed.

Or our defense knocked out their QB and crippled his backup. Our D stopped them repeatedly forcing FGs instead of giving up TDs.

???dreamstimefree_15463786.jpg

Expectations are easy to concur up. And now you are left feeling let down and hurt over a top 20 road win...🤦🏾‍♂

Instead, let the football ACTUALLY played on the field be your guide. Tennessee is not a top ten program, yet. We are building though. What a win yesterday. In years past, that could easily have turned into another damn loss. Not feeling the negativity after a big win... Not in the least...

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Meh. We should’ve won the game last season but lost.
Pitt should’ve won this game but lost.
It’s how it goes sometimes.
I’m not going to make excuses for a win.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
When was the last time UT played this badly and still found a way to win?

……

That’s the point. Didn’t play nearly well enough, still found a way to win. This was a good win. Pitt will most likely be 10-1 heading into Miami for rivalry week. It’s a really, really good win.

Go Dang Vols!

giphy-1.gif

VN Store

Back