Not so sure!!!!

That’s a great way to look at it, if you enjoy being miserable and constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop.

We pressured the QB more than we have since Derek Barnett was a Vol. Focus on that. The offense will be fine. That Pitt defense is legit. One of the best DLs in the country.

We got lucky. They missed 3 fieldgoals amd played with a hurt quarterback. I really expected much more from our Vols. I am not convinced we have turned any corner.... Hopefully this was just a tough game. I worry about Florida and if we do not play consistent we may have a few more losses... keeping fingers crossed.
Pitt was lucky to even be in that game. That seriously should have been an ass whooping of astronomical proportions.

Win against a top 20 team on the road. Pitt was not going to go down easy. They proved that last week. They got some lucky breaks too. Two tipped passes completed. Didn’t get lucky. Earned that win all the way

Disagree, this time last year we lost to Pitt because our offense struggled. We didn’t find an offense until after the Florida game.
At this time last year - our offensive line blocked a lot better - our receivers had more separation, Hooker ran the ball more on designed runs, and our overall offense had better rhythm and tempo. We scored more points against Pitt last year and we missed 5 or 6 wide open receivers. The offense clicked and or was showing signs of clicking better against Pitt last year. We have work to do to develop the same offense we saw against Missouri, SC, and Kentucky. Our defense will be better than last year, just don't want the offense to take a step back.

Against evenly matched teams whoever makes the least amount of mistakes usually wins. I’d offer both teams had abysmal nights on special teams. Both offenses did enough to win. At the end of the day our defense stood up and made the plays and I, for one, was thrilled.

Are we top 10? Not tonight. Are we on the rise? 100%. Go Vols!

Reactions: stewart6600
There have been wins we’ve had in the past where it felt like a loss. Beating a terrible Georgia Tech team in 2017 after giving up like 400 yards rushing is the first one that comes to mind. Games that exposed your team’s fundamental flaws and you know you got lucky to win. This was not one of them. We made boneheaded mistakes today, but we all know they are uncharacteristic from what we’ve seen from a Josh Heupel team and are correctible. Our offense was not that good, but we know they will get it figured out. This was the most grit I’ve seen UT play with in a long time. Probably since 2015 and before that, 2007.

There have been wins we’ve had in the past where it felt like a loss. Beating a terrible Georgia Tech team in 2017 after giving up like 400 yards rushing is the first one that comes to mind. Games that exposed your team’s fundamental flaws and you know you got lucky to win. This was not one of them. We made boneheaded mistakes today, but we all know they are uncharacteristic from what we’ve seen from a Josh Heupel team and are correctible. Our offense was not that good, but we know they will get it figured out. This was the most grit I’ve seen UT play with in a long time. Probably since 2015 and before that, 2007.
My thoughts exactly

We’ll definitely lose a few more games. We don’t have an every down back, we’re offensively predictable, we telegraph to Tillman. We can’t cover big receivers or anyone on a slant. That said, we won. Banks is a good hire. We didn’t quit. Defense played courageously. Can’t see how we’ll stop Richardson, but we might get them to the fourth quarter close. If so, we have a shot. Bama is a loss. Georgia is a loss. We can win every other game. That’s pretty impressive momentum for year two.
We’ll definitely lose a few more games. We don’t have an every down back, we’re offensively predictable, we telegraph to Tillman. We can’t cover big receivers or anyone on a slant. That said, we won. Banks is a good hire. We didn’t quit. Defense played courageously. Can’t see how we’ll stop Richardson, but we might get them to the fourth quarter close. If so, we have a shot. Bama is a loss. Georgia is a loss. We can win every other game. That’s pretty impressive momentum for year two.
Have they lost any games yet? How could they lose more when they haven't lost any?

But who honestly expected an undefeated season? Saying they will lose games isn't a great revelation?

Reactions: utvolz98
Have they lost any games yet? How could they lose more when they haven't lost any?

But who honestly expected an undefeated season? Saying they will lose games isn't a great revelation?
It wasn’t a revelation. It was a response to someone else’s observation. As for the more part, it’s a typo leftover from deleting something. Thanks for stopping by.

We needed a game like this before we got to the meat of the schedule. A good wake up call that has forced the team to dig deep and put together a win. Fortunately it didn’t cost us a loss. Snap, clear, move on to the next one.

Reactions: Vol4life2
We were worried about the defense prior to kickoff. I'm not worried now. Defense always comes together faster than the offense.

Got the monkey off the back. Look for more confidence from both the players and coaches. Texas am will be coming for CJH Lol.
Nebraska gonna be in the market for a coach before A&M will be. Soon as it hits October Scott Frost's buyout drops in half. They lost at home as a huge favorite today. Again.

We got lucky. They missed 3 fieldgoals amd played with a hurt quarterback. I really expected much more from our Vols. I am not convinced we have turned any corner.... Hopefully this was just a tough game. I worry about Florida and if we do not play consistent we may have a few more losses... keeping fingers crossed.
I ain’t saying this team will be undefeated NCs like ‘98, but THAT team “lucked” into 3 wins. Good teams find ways to win…..ain’t no such thing as luck!

Do WHAT? UT shot themselves in the foot with every bullet in the gun and still won. Did you see the Bama game? Did you see the UF game for that matter?

One thing good teams do is find ways to win even when they play horribly. UT did that vs Pitt. Hooker started out cold and had times during the game when he couldn't get it right. Fumble? Muffed punt? How many great plays to tip balls that were then caught by Pitt?

If ANYONE was "lucky" in that game... it was Pitt, not UT.

Reactions: McDad and JoAllan
Exactly. We physically beat their offensive line and quarterbacks up all game long. It's not like their QBs got hurt by the turf monster. We pounded them.

I never want to see anyone get really hurt , but after last week, it was great to see our defense bring some pain over the course of a game.

We needed a game like this before we got to the meat of the schedule. A good wake up call that has forced the team to dig deep and put together a win. Fortunately it didn’t cost us a loss. Snap, clear, move on to the next one.

Yeh I wanted a game where we just rubbed Nardoucie's face in it from start to finish, but this near disaster probably did us a lot of good .

I have to admit. I was talking with a friend of mine and was telling him that we made several crucial errors and that I really don't know how good Pitt is so I don't really know what to do with the outcome of this game. I'm excited we won, dropping a higher ranked team but how good are we really though? We cannot drop punt returns, have punts blocked, and whatever else against SEC teams. You HAVE to bring your A game every time.

Reactions: BigALWiLson
Telegraphing to Tillman will stop. I Thought out of all the WR Hyatt had the best game. He caught badically everything thrown to him and played really well. I know Tillman had two tds and Bru had one but this was the best game Hyatt has played as a Vol imo... Especially on critical downs

Reactions: Proud Army Wife

VN Store

Back