Not feeling Real Confident about FL...???

You apparently did not watch any games last year. While they still have some work to do, this years defense is clearly better than last years. Offense is not consistent, but they are probably better than last year also, but still a lot of work to do. Tough schedule going forward though.

I think the jury is still out on how much the defense has improved. We looked extremely poor in the fundamentals against WVU, and have looked improved against the poor competition of ETSU and UTEP.

Whether that is actual improvement, or just the result of playing agsint overmatched offenses will become more apparent on Saturday.

Reactions: LibertyVolance
I think the jury is still out on how much the defense has improved. We looked extremely poor in the fundamentals against WVU, and have looked improved against the poor competition of ETSU and UTEP.

Whether that is actual improvement, or just the result of playing agsint overmatched offenses will become more apparent on Saturday.
You're right but the coaching IMO shined through today. UT allowed UTEP 134 total yds. Yeah... they're bad. But they're not the only bad team UT has played in the last 11 years... but that's the lowest total O UT has allowed. UTEP's first drive at 6 plays for 29 yards was their longest of the game. Even playing reserves in the 2nd half, UTEP couldn't move the ball.

You're right but the coaching IMO shined through today. UT allowed UTEP 134 total yds. Yeah... they're bad. But they're not the only bad team UT has played in the last 11 years... but that's the lowest total O UT has allowed. UTEP's first drive at 6 plays for 29 yards was their longest of the game. Even playing reserves in the 2nd half, UTEP couldn't move the ball.

You might be correct, but given the sample size and our oppoenents, I still wouldn't bet the house on it.

How many yards did that powerhouse UNLV have on UTEP last week.

I'll hang up and listen.
Not that UNLV provides a great standard or anything... but they can rush the ball. They ran for 308 yds and more than 7 ypc vs USC. After their game tonight, they'll probably have the top rushing O in FBS.... passing GT that was held under 200 yds by Pitt.

Reactions: Alto1
I believe his knee was down. If they have a different camera angle, there's no fumble

That's not the point, it shouldn't of been in a position to happen in the first place. He had 2 more chances after that to run the ball in if he didn't make it.

Plus until JJ gave him a talking he did it again and almost fumbled. That's when JJ jumped in and told him to keep the ball tucked. There is no point in going for extra yards by extending the ball unless like Coach Pruitt said.... It's fourth down.

It’s sad when Florida is the most winnable SEC game of the year. We should be underdogs against everyone else based on how the rest of the league has played. We will probably outperform our expectations a couple games and possibly pull out a couple of games we shouldn’t win but we look like a 4 or 5 win team right now.

Reactions: MAUSERWERKE
Our offensive line is just horrible and it's not on the coaches. These players are soft. Last year's staff couldn't get them to block and this year's staff can't either. I know all these line coaches don't suddenly forget how to coach when they get here. Pruitt needs to make recruiting some highly aggressive, physical linemen to replace these softies, his highest priority.

Our offensive line is just horrible and it's not on the coaches. These players are soft. Last year's staff couldn't get them to block and this year's staff can't either. I know all these line coaches don't suddenly forget how to coach when they get here. Pruitt needs to make recruiting some highly aggressive, physical linemen to replace these softies, his highest priority.

Agreed.

I think Will Friend is a good coach.

He doesn’t have the players that’s willing to buy into his system. Aside from Smith and maybe Carvin, they’re not very good.

Richmond needs to be benched in the worst way.

Move Richmond to Guard that way he will not be a liability.
Move Richmond off the field so there is not a chance he is a liability..... He has been a problem since he got here....

well, OP if you don't feel good about the game then we'll win for sure...:D

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This^ type of **** makes me question all those who hail Pruitt as a mastermind... makes no sense for the situation, plenty of time to add points and work on the two minute with your starters. Three run plays and a pass doesn’t say you are just running out the clock... just odd!?

With that said, I’m just enjoying each game and hoping to see improvement, not seeing much today but some of it is coaching imo.

Better see some good halftime adjustments and a killer mentality coming out of half
You think Pruitt cares about the score lol!!! He's trying to get players reps that need experience

Richmond has 30 yards in penalties and has cost UT at least 1 TD. The majority of the Butch Jones leftovers are soft, lazy and out of shape.

Ok I get that some of the holdovers from butch’s regime haven’t lived up to their star rating, but don’t call them lazy, soft or out of shape. I’d be willing to bet any player on Tennessee’s roster could out run you in the mile run, and kick your ass in a fight. Remember, in real life you are nothing more than a message board warrior that’s talking trash in front of a computer screen about teenagers playing a game.

You might be correct, but given the sample size and our oppoenents, I still wouldn't bet the house on it.

UT has lost to really good UF teams when they were good as well. They've also lost to really bad UF teams we they were really bad.

It's not some new phenomenon.

WTH was Pruitt thinking putting Chryst in the game for the last drive of the half? Not good coaching.

I think this game was as much about preparing for the rest of the season as it was about winning the game. I am not saying that Tennessee has a good team yet, but if we are to hope to have a good team, this game was about working towards that by playing a lot of people. I think a lot of people miss that point.

I am really disappointed in every aspect of the football team. Is it a lack of talent, desire, intensity or mental acuity? I am not an authority of X's and O's by any means but I have watched enough football in the past 50 years to know this team just don't have it together.

EVERY aspect? Our stable of RBs is very, very good. Unfortunately, our OL is not worthy of them so far this season.

Agree for sure that this weekend will answer plenty of questions for both teams. Regarding the D on our side, if they are really improving then holding Franks to a Kentucky like performance is key. We have them in Knoxville, whereas Kentucky played them in Gainesville. Fla doesn't have a power run game. If improved, we should see it Sat night.

Ok I get that some of the holdovers from butch’s regime haven’t lived up to their star rating, but don’t call them lazy, soft or out of shape. I’d be willing to bet any player on Tennessee’s roster could out run you in the mile run, and kick your ass in a fight. Remember, in real life you are nothing more than a message board warrior that’s talking trash in front of a computer screen about teenagers playing a game.
Hes soft, lazy and out of shape....

In all seriousness. It hasn't clicked for that guy and it's not for lack of ability.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back