Not feeling Real Confident about FL...???

ETSU would NOT BE A 2TD favorite vs UTEP. I know this is going to kill some of you upper ET boys but ETSU WAS the worst college team to ever play in Neyland.

I am really disappointed in every aspect of the football team. Is it a lack of talent, desire, intensity or mental acuity? I am not an authority of X's and O's by any means but I have watched enough football in the past 50 years to know this team just don't have it together.
Agree. Doesn’t look like they have any heart and just going through the motions out there. Very slow. Stock up on Pepcid AC or pepto.

Reactions: Thorp32
This^ type of **** makes me question all those who hail Pruitt as a mastermind... makes no sense for the situation, plenty of time to add points and work on the two minute with your starters. Three run plays and a pass doesn’t say you are just running out the clock... just odd!?

With that said, I’m just enjoying each game and hoping to see improvement, not seeing much today but some of it is coaching imo.

Better see some good halftime adjustments and a killer mentality coming out of half
I think there’s a certain number of drives he gives JG and then Chryst comes in. I don’t expect it to continue but against those teams these last couple of weeks it didn’t matter. I don’t think it had anything to do with the timing. It was planned ahead of time.

A fumble on the One, fumbled punt, and ONE TD in a quarter and a half against team that ETSU would be
a 2 TD favorite against????

6 Wins, which means at least 3 SEC wins seems pretty far fetched at this point?!?!

no-answer.gif

In fairness the fumble on the 1 was by a True Freshman who learned a valuable lesson after he did it. He also got a talking to from JJ about it as well. So I doubt you see it happen again.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
In fairness the fumble on the 1 was by a True Freshman who learned a valuable lesson after he did it. He also got a talking to from JJ about it as well. So I doubt you see it happen again.
I believe his knee was down. If they have a different camera angle, there's no fumble

I keep going back and forth on this game. One one hand, I look at our sample size from first three games, and think we're in real trouble...though there are some decent things we're doing. Then, I look at UF score today and still think we're in trouble, until I looked at box score. Obviously score board is only thing that counts, but UF didn't exactly dominate Colorado St today. Think our best chance is to finally get off to quick start on offense, and stuff the box against the run.
Matchup CS UF

1st Downs 22 14

3rd down efficiency 8-20 3-8

Total Yards 310 341

Passing 240 119

Comp-Att 23-41 8-15

Yards per pass 5.9 7.9

Interceptions thrown 0 1

Rushing 70 222

Yards per rush 1.7 7.7

Penalties 6-33 8-75

Possession 38:33 21:27

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
I believe in CJP. I believe that the last two games have been glorified practices played safe to avoid unnecessary injuries, trying players at positions of future possible needs, simple game plans to gain experience and to not "show our cards", etc... I believe by the second half of the Florida game will have it all on the table. Not that we can't or won't continue to slowly improve but there won't be any question about motivation, game plan and coaching. That's what I both think and hope. GO VOLS.....ALL THE WAY TO THE STATE CAPITAL BUILDING!!!!

We will not win a SEC game this year. Florida will beat us by at least two TDs. We are as bad as any Tennessee team I’ve ever seen.
You apparently did not watch any games last year. While they still have some work to do, this years defense is clearly better than last years. Offense is not consistent, but they are probably better than last year also, but still a lot of work to do. Tough schedule going forward though.

I'm going. I think we can win. A legit chance. We can't have the turnover on the one no doubt.

We have put some good drives together. Our defense looks better. I know it's UTEP, but can only beat who we are playing.

Yeah, Vols should win against Flo RT ida

We will not win a SEC game this year. Florida will beat us by at least two TDs. We are as bad as any Tennessee team I’ve ever seen.

I don't think you'll have any arguments from knowledgable Vol fans. (Knowledgeable being the key word)

VN Store

Back