Not Calling a Timeout

Bruce wasn't thrown under the bus. He was given a rope, he panicked, he hung himself. Didn't help that Kiffin was here stirring things up with the NCAA while Bruce was lying to his bosses and the NCAA and embarrassing a certain donor family. Auburn is the perfect place for him as long as the NCAA's enforcement division is neutered.

Reactions: gainesvol82
He threw himself under the bus. Do you really think Mike Hamilton WANTED to fire his signature hire? Get real.
You need to know the whole story. Bruce was blindsided in his interview with the NCAA. UT,s attorneys didnt give him a heads-up as to what had been discussed. That’s fine I guess. Pearl will just continue to beat our azz every year.

You need to know the whole story. Bruce was blindsided in his interview with the NCAA. UT,s attorneys didnt give him a heads-up as to what had been discussed. That’s fine I guess. Pearl will just continue to beat our azz every year.

I think that when Pearl was caught lying to the powers that be at UT he sealed his own fate. Billionaire rules don't apply to mere multi-millionaires in the Cherokee Country Club circles.

Too bad for us that only wins are vacated and not the losses as well. There was a time that forfeits were awarded. I guess the NCAA would embarrass themselves if they were issued.

Reactions: 1985Vols
Pearl 6 years at the barn 61% winning vs Barnes 5 years at UT 63%.

Remember when Pearl was hired at Auburn, a dead in the water program. He was going to fall flat on his face and probably be fired after three seasons? Pepperridge Farms remembers.

Reactions: SmokeyLives
He threw himself under the bus. Do you really think Mike Hamilton WANTED to fire his signature hire? Get real.
Hamilton was a Haslam puppet, the Haslams were done with Bruce because he wouldn't play their games. Hamilton was told to fire Pearl.

There's the everything is Barnes fault crowd and the Barnes never does anything wrong crowd. The answer lies somewhere in the middle.

Reactions: SmokeyLives
Bruce wasn't thrown under the bus. He was given a rope, he panicked, he hung himself. Didn't help that Kiffin was here stirring things up with the NCAA while Bruce was lying to his bosses and the NCAA and embarrassing a certain donor family. Auburn is the perfect place for him as long as the NCAA's enforcement division is neutered.

It all seems silly now since Will Wade was caught red handed and still kept his job.

Bruce lied to cover his ass - I'm guessing 99% of VN has lied to cover theirs at least 1 time in their life.

It's one of the many reasons why our fan base is a laughing stock and much more so than most big time schools

Whenever we lose in any sport, we unload on that coach. Check out a recent lady Vol thread. Go back and check out any football game thread after a loss.

Same thing is done at every school.

It's every fan base

It all seems silly now since Will Wade was caught red handed and still kept his job.

Bruce lied to cover his ass - I'm guessing 99% of VN has lied to cover theirs at least 1 time in their life.

Other than Barnes getting cut loose at the perfect time so that even Dave Hart didn't screw up the hire, TN hasn't been very good with timing. In football Dooley gets caught with too many players on the field at LSU just before refs start standing over the ball allowing defenses to counter offensive substitutions. Also UNC benefited in the Music City Biwl from committing a penalty just before the rules were changed to include time being run off of the clock. It's laughable looking back at what TN Coach Bruce Pearl was hammered for relative to what Roy Williams, Bill Self, Wade, Arizona, and War Eagle Bruce get away with. Hopefully the verdict is still pending with some of those cases.

Reactions: vols 30
Other than Barnes getting cut loose at the perfect time so that even Dave Hart didn't screw up the hire, TN hasn't been very good with timing. In football Dooley gets caught with too many players on the field at LSU just before refs start standing over the ball allowing defenses to counter offensive substitutions. Also UNC benefited in the Music City Biwl from committing a penalty just before the rules were changed to include time being run off of the clock. It's laughable looking back at what TN Coach Bruce Pearl was hammered for relative to what Roy Williams, Bill Self, Wade, Arizona, and War Eagle Bruce get away with. Hopefully the verdict is still pending with some of those cases.

Hopefully. I've not heard anymore about Will Wade's situation. I'm guessing he's been "cleared"

Whenever we lose in any sport, we unload on that coach. Check out a recent lady Vol thread. Go back and check out any football game thread after a loss.

Same thing is done at every school.

It's every fan base
Yes but our antics go to extremes. It's not the same with every fan base

I have been involved in basketball for over 50 years but I am about to get fed up with it. No such thing as a finesse game anymore. Flops and as you say hand to hand combat has ruined the game. The man that hung the peach basket up all them years ago is probably flopping in his grave nearly as much as the so called players are!
I wasn't making a post against the refs although there is obviously problems with officiating. We are not tough enough to win these type of games is my point.

Hopefully. I've not heard anymore about Will Wade's situation. I'm guessing he's been "cleared"

The NCAA is in full damage control mode. They allowed it to get to the levels it is at now and they primarily need to protect their multi-billion dollar revenue stream from their event called Madness. They're nothing more than sellouts taking advantage of the free labor of "student" athletes. It's become a complete joke.

TN mens and womens roundball teams are turnover machines.

maybe 2021 with PG influx they will be stronger aspects of both.

Go Vols

See, this is what kills me:

Barnes could be making 800k a year and y’all would still be throwing him under the bus. The whole $5M a year punch line is just an excuse.

Ridiculous. We pay all that money, at a great premium, expecting great results. He’s a nice man, and a good coach. But he indeed has failed this team on several occasions this season. I cannot think of a game this season that he has out coached anyone. This is a recurring problem.

VN Store

Back