No ESPN on DISH

I have Dish and have since 2000. I am mad as hell. Absolutely BS.
I have a contract with Dish not Disney. This is a breach of contract. I called Dish and they told me they would credit me $5. What a slap in the face from Dish. Also, why in the heck would they have October 1st a a contract date with Disney/ESPN/SEC? Piss poor negotiators on Dishā€s part.
I for one, will be canceling Dish if this is not resolved soon and I donā€™t receive a proper refundā€¦.. You are absolutely right, this is uncalled for total BS!!

Reactions: onevol74
They shouldn't, Dish is fighting back against a huge price increase from Disney. There will be a lot of pressure though.

Yep.
The broadcasters keep jacking up the prices leaving the providers to take the heat for not renewing - or - for having to raise our rates.

Broadcasters don't care because they know most will bash the middle man.
Cable/sat providers *aren't "the good guys" but they take a disproportionate amount of the blame compared to the bigger culprits.

The good thing about Hulu Live TV is Hulu is owned by Disney which also owns ESPN. At least with Hulu you donā€™t have to worry about losing ESPN.

I dumped sling this morning. My biggest issue is internet. Iā€™m a mile away from fiber. Mile and a half from cable. Neither provider will run to my neighborhood. Sling worked decent running on a hotspot. Tried Hulu today and found out they donā€™t support hotspot connections so got a refund. Iā€™m about to bite the bullet and go directv. I would wait for sling to figure it out but like I said itā€™s only decent. Buffers a ton and picture is SD at best

Reactions: stewart6600
I dumped sling this morning. My biggest issue is internet. Iā€™m a mile away from fiber. Mile and a half from cable. Neither provider will run to my neighborhood. Sling worked decent running on a hotspot. Tried Hulu today and found out they donā€™t support hotspot connections so got a refund. Iā€™m about to bite the bullet and go directv. I would wait for sling to figure it out but like I said itā€™s only decent. Buffers a ton and picture is SD at best
Starlink has been getting very good reviews for their speed and reliability. It's a steep buy in for equipment though.

Starlink has been getting very good reviews for their speed and reliability. It's a steep buy in for equipment though.
Iā€™m on the waiting list but itā€™s not available in our area yet. Iā€™m not sure I have another choice besides do without it lol

Very odd that these negotiations did take place before the season began. Why do this 4 games into the year?

Negotiations have been going on for awhile now, with disney refusing to budge. they are trying to subsidize their streaming service ( disney plus) because its not as profitable as they had hoped. the problem is their demand of 9 billion dollar increase is ridiculous and nothing but greed. disney has become the most corrupt, immoral and greedy organization of all. shame

I support Dish as a Dish subscriber. Disney sucks. Can always go to a bar or a friendā€™s house to watch a preferred game.

Disney needs money to support their political causes and are blackmailing viewers.

Dish will lose a ton of customers over this.
They will be back. I have had Comcast , Spectrum and now Dish and my dad Direct and it happened to me with all 3 carriers at one time or another and it happened to my dad. Anybody that thinks it only happens with Dish are fooling themselves. I hope Dish does not cave

I guess paying $25/mo more for cable is not worth it to get ESPN when I want to watch a college game in the fall. All of you cheap asses can carry on and look for the best package so you can save 75 cents a week.
I have had both cable and streaming, Paid around $180.00 a month for Xfinity/Comcast, and most of the programming, we never watched, but to get the sports channels one has to select one of the higher cost options. I have used different streaming services and I prefer them to cable. We had youtubetv in it's early format, but it wasn't very dependable at that time. I've tried Roku, Hulu, Playstation Vue. I actually preferred Vue, but they stopped the service, now have youtubetv again, and it seems like they have the bugs worked out, so I'm happy. It all comes down to what is best for the person paying for their service.

Theyā€™ll miraculously figure it out. These carriage disputes suck. Disney, Fox, Paramount, Universal etc have all been pulling this for years.
Roku does this crap all the time. Granted theyre just a platform, just as integral to content distribution...

Happened to Charter while back with some such sports package. People were up in arms, then miraculously, voila was resolved overnight.

Easiest thing for Dish to understand is that Disney is gonna get theirs.

Reactions: tnvols72
Negotiations have been going on for awhile now, with disney refusing to budge. they are trying to subsidize their streaming service ( disney plus) because its not as profitable as they had hoped. the problem is their demand of 9 billion dollar increase is ridiculous and nothing but greed. disney has become the most corrupt, immoral and greedy organization of all. shame
Perhaps so, but, business is good.

Issues ive seen thus far.
1- Longer than average wait times between ordering and installation.

2- bait and switch contracts.

3- meanwhile rural RDOF buildouts will bring actual fiber internet to the masses.

10F0721F-472F-4EC1-AAF8-4DA43DEB6B30.png
730D05BE-7B72-493E-810B-60180BF4A961.png
The winning bids are a matter of public record.

Buildout in Sevierville and Central TN have begun.

Smaller rural Telco's and cable providers who cannot make 1 Way to 2 Way upgrades, or who "dont meet the 1GB threshhold.' Will be bought out or overbuilt.

This is truly an arms race with incentives going to ISP's on speed of deployment.

SW Virginia and areas of Washinton Cty (Sull Cty) will be next in line.

Read that Skybest won a state level grant to build Carter Cty out. (Good luck, because Comcast and Charter on their ways).

VN Store

Back