No ESPN on DISH

Dish is fighting for their customers against price gouging from Mickey Mouse. If you bail on Dish this will just make Disney stronger against the next provider they negotiate with. It's exactly what Disney wants you to do.

This cannot be said enough.

Espn can be streamed for free if you want to do so.

Disney can eat a BOD

I have Hulu Live so I can cancel after the season. My wife doesn’t watch cable, so I’m paying $70~/month just to watch Tennessee football
Sounds cheap. I’m paying over 2k a year to watch 7 games a year in person at neyland and I bet your price per beer is cheaper but you don’t have to co-eds in short skirts unless your wife will wear a short one for you.

I have directv and cable. Cable is free because of the wifi. SHHH dont tell them. They dont realize if you pay for wifi you can scan your digital channels and get the cable for free.

Dropping Dish. They’ve been gouging me for years for terrible service. Got the YouTube TV free 14 day trial this morning so not missing any games and have the same channels for half the price if I stick with them.

I have been using sling for years mainly because its the cheapest way to get ESPN and the SEC network channels. I just paused my Sling account and signed up for the 21 day free trial on YouTube TV. If Sling manages to come to terms with Disney (for ESPN) I will cancel Youtube and restart Sling. The pause feature makes it very easy to restart your account. It's essentially instantaneous.

Disney is constantly losing cable/dish subscribers to streaming. Every time a cord cutter drops cable they have to get more the next time they negotiate with cable/dish for subscription rights, it’s a dying business which is probably why SEC wants to negotiate a new contract sooner rather than later. The following article describes in detail why ESPN is in trouble.

ESPN Lost 8 Million Subscribers in 2021, 10% of its overall subscriber base

It's the other edge of the massive amount UT and the SEC get paid for TV rights.

We like the fact the SEC gets huge money from ESPN, so it's peas and carrots. ESPN isn't a charity and needs to squeeze the cable and streaming companies to pay these massive TV rights contracts.

In the end, we pay the SEC TV rights one way or another.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
I thought I would be able to still watch Ole Miss/ Uk on ESPN+ but that doesn't seem to be working either

I thought I would be able to still watch Ole Miss/ Uk on ESPN+ but that doesn't seem to be working either
Go to Youtube online - type in Ole Miss vs Kentucky ( or any live game you want to watch ) it should be on and for free

VN Store

Back