No ESPN on DISH

I have ROKU with the YOUTUBE app. I went to YOUTUBE and went into SEARCH and entered ESPN College Football, clicked search and watched OleMiss/KY. When that game ended I clicked on the Bama/Ark game and it is just starting. I don't know how long it will last, but hope to see our game next week on the same channel. YouTube offers a 7 day free trial for their premium service that includes ESPN and SEC channel. If I can't continue to see football the way I am watching so far today, I will do a free trial for next week's game and cancel after that. I believe the monthly cost is about $60-$70 for You Tube Premium.

Dish is fighting for their customers against price gouging from Mickey Mouse. If you bail on Dish this will just make Disney stronger against the next provider they negotiate with. It's exactly what Disney wants you to do.
My problem with DIsh is they should lower your monthly rate to adjust for the services you signed up for but cant get, but they lie to you when you call them up to plead your case. This happened last year only with CBS and they are the ones who carry SEC games mostly. So it went on for weeks last year and Dish promised to lower the monthly charge but never did. Ain't a dimes difference in none of them if you ask me

I'm somewhat enjoying watching the cord cutters losing their channels. Us slow and steady cable people don't have these problems, but we pay a few bucks more. In my case I can afford it so why should I torment myself and be a cheap ass?

Charlie Egren - UT Grad/Billionaire/UT Donor - is co-founder and chairman of Dish. Anyone notice this happened on Tennessee's bye week?

Also, right before launching what would become DISH, he quit his job at Frito-Lay and became a professional gambler, playing poker and blackjack.

Reactions: VOLinPD
It really cracks me up to see what the rates are for football. I have never paid a penny to watch CFB. There are way better alternatives.

Reactions: IndianaVol
Dish is fighting for their customers against price gouging from Mickey Mouse. If you bail on Dish this will just make Disney stronger against the next provider they negotiate with. It's exactly what Disney wants you to do.

Gotta wonder what percent of viewership that eliminates from ESPN. I have not a clue, but if significant sponsors will let them know in the checkbook. Not to mention the negative vibes if the robber barron view of the situation is perpetuated by the consumer.

I'm somewhat enjoying watching the cord cutters losing their channels. Us slow and steady cable people don't have these problems, but we pay a few bucks more. In my case I can afford it so why should I torment myself and be a cheap ass?
Because cable companies suck and it feels good to be able to tell them to F off. Bad service, bill is constantly changing, no dumb contracts that cause your bill to skyrocket when it ends and they don't tell you, paying $120 a year just to have DVR, being forced to "bundle" things you don't even need.

I am a YTTV user and I will NEVER ever ever go back to cable. Even if cable and YTTV cost the same in 5 years, I still would not even consider it. And BTW I've not missed a UT football, basketball, or baseball game due to it not being available since I have signed up. Going on 3 years now.

No warning, woke up and put it on ESPN and some jackass starting giving me a sad story, the only reason i got dish was for ESPN and the SEC network, i pay 180 a month really for ESPN if this issue isn't sloved soon i will be moving on to direct.

Reactions: 508mikey

Huh? Both DISH and Sling customers lost ESPN.

This isn’t a “cord cutting” thing.

Also, besides Bally Sports, what channels are worth paying extra for and locking yourself into a contact?

I mean, I don’t care, just a weird place to plant your flag.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
It's not bothered me too much today. Watched Michigan and Iowa earlier. Watched some of Bama/Arkansas and OK St vs Baylor earlier. ESPN plus has Wake and FSU as well as this ETSU vs UTC game.

Fight on, Dish.

I guess paying $25/mo more for cable is not worth it to get ESPN when I want to watch a college game in the fall. All of you cheap asses can carry on and look for the best package so you can save 75 cents a week.

I guess paying $25/mo more for cable is not worth it to get ESPN when I want to watch a college game in the fall. All of you cheap asses can carry on and look for the best package so you can save 75 cents a week.
I'm saving about $100 a month. If saving $1200 a year with no downside makes me a cheap ass, I guess I've been called worse things.

I'm saving about $100 a month. If saving $1200 a year with no downside makes me a cheap ass, I guess I've been called worse things.
I pay about $125 a month for everything on Spectrum including all of the taxes they add on to cable that they don't for the intermittent service. I don't think you get everything I do for $25 a month.

I pay about $125 a month for everything on Spectrum including all of the taxes they add on to cable that they don't for the intermittent service. I don't think you get everything I do for $25 a month.
When I left Spectrum I was paying over $200.

I get it ALL for having internet service. Movies, TV shows, And all sports. Even the PPV.

I'm happy for you to have been blessed with that extra disposable income. Calling others cheap asses because they are trying yo be fiscally responsible just shows ignorance. Do you work for the government?

Internet cost is where they stick it to you. It is easy to find streaming sites for cheap, but you have to have Internet to access them. Cable companies are already on to you, so they jack up internet only prices to recover whatever "loss" you give them. Dsl is a joke and satellite should be illegal

Why would you enjoy other people not being able to watch? That's...pathetic

Reactions: Bigorangedan23
I'm happy for you to have been blessed with that extra disposable income. Calling others cheap asses because they are trying yo be fiscally responsible just shows ignorance. Do you work for the government?
Volstrom runs a brothel in Nashville.

VN Store

Back