No ESPN on DISH

That's terrible. I pay $10,000 a month for cable, but I know I'm safe from this ever happening
Cable what's that? I'm getting one of those fancy C Band satellites

old-style-satellite-dish.jpg

They’ll miraculously figure it out. These carriage disputes suck. Disney, Fox, Paramount, Universal etc have all been pulling this for years.
I have Dish also and their lineup has the 11:00 game on the programming grid for today. Right now they’re running a PSA about the ongoing negotiations.

They shouldn't, Dish is fighting back against a huge price increase from Disney. There will be a lot of pressure though.

Is there any reason to have cable nowadays except for sports? With all the streaming options that cost $5 - $10 a month, sports is basically the only thing keeping cable relevant

Last edited:
Is there any reason to have cable nowadays except for sports? With all the streaming options that’s cost $5 - $10 a month, sports is basically the only thing keeping cable relevant

When the leagues finally bleed ESPN/TBS/Fox/Paramount dry, I’m sure they’ll pick up talent and production crew for their own broadcasts.

By then we shouldn’t have to concern ourselves with this crap.

The ownership of DISH takes no sh-t. One game may be missed but it's like a game of chicken. Who will blink first. DISH has hds these "head butting episodes" before. They will get worked out, but could miss one game or so.

Reactions: vettefool
If sling can’t figure it out by next week then I will be dropping them. I am assuming YouTube TV is working?

Same here and maybe if all the companies would stop trying to line their pockets this wouldn’t be such an issue. Never affected sling before to my knowledge. Highly pissed but at least it’s an off week for the VOLS.

VN Store

Back