NFL.com combine grades/results

Most NFL scouts use both criteria: the "numbers" game & the "dog" game. That's going to be a deciding factor with JJ & others who might lack some of the athleticism yet possess those intangibles (desire, fight, grit, etc.) My money is on Juan.

It WILL NOT happen with JJ. He has great intangibles which will keep in the league at WR, playing out of the slot. And he’ll be a beast on special teams. I certainly recognize his lack of speed, everybody does....but there are plenty of great nfl players and WRs (Fitzgerald, Bolton, Hines Ward, etc, etc) who didnt run great 40 times. He’ll be one of those guys imo. He has excellent hands and great ball skills and he just makes plays.

Before this last season, I argued he wouldn’t even be drafted, that he’d be an UDFA who would make a practice squad or the tail end of a 53 man roster because of his special teams play. But after this season, after he was clearly the mvp of this team with his playmaking ability and showing just how good of a “football player” he is, I think he’s a mid to late round pick. He’s earned it.

Like I said TE will be perfect for Je

JJ and DWA have had surprising performances thus far. A 4.7 and a 4.9 I seriously didn't see that coming. I really hope they can improve on that at pro day. I haven't seen JJ's second run yet though
DWA is worse than I expected, but it’s been pretty obvious that both guys were slow. Hopefully, JJ’s physicality will get him drafted late. DWA probably just ran himself into begging somebody to invite him to training camp.

Running a sub 4.6 40 without pads and no contact twice in a row is one thing, running consistently fast in the heat of early September with a helmet, mouthpiece, and physically battling world class athletes for a full game is another. The combine doesn’t measure that.

Running a sub 4.6 40 without pads and no contact twice in a row is one thing, running consistently fast in the heat of early September with a helmet, mouthpiece, and physically battling world class athletes for a full game is another. The combine doesn’t measure that.

Yeah, I don't understand the fascination with the underwear olympics (NFL Combine). Running fast in a straight line, throwing a ball from your knees, etc. What does that have to do with playing the game? "Football" speed involves more than running fast. It includes instincts, timing, angles, as well as being able to run fast.

I LOL'd when Burrow considered retirement after being told his hands were too small.

Reactions: feathersax
JJ is one of those players that the Patriots pick up and turn into an "All World" player. Then everyone say's "Where did he come from". The Patriots have a knack of finding the diamond in the rough.

Reactions: feathersax
JJ is one of those players that the Patriots pick up and turn into an "All World" player. Then everyone say's "Where did he come from". The Patriots have a knack of finding the diamond in the rough.

Disagree. Not 5’8’’ and white.

VN Store

Back