NFL.com combine grades/results

Blah blah blah...I challenge you to find where I’ve D4H’d a Vol prospect. Hasn’t happened. NFL scouts hit some miss some...they’re not infallible. We don’t even have his numbers yet and you’re squawking about his measurables. Allz I know was our defense was better when he was back there. He was a disruptive beast who’s performance also disrupted your desperate and tiresome Tarzan/Jane analogy. You submitted their college popularity contest results as your “EVIDENCE” and I showed their scouting report on Eddie Jackson as mine that they can be as FOS as the next amateur draftnik. You’re spitting out a lot of words when it simply boils down to you think I overvalue him and I think you undervalue him. Time will be the final jury.

apples and oranges you arrogant wretch....in trying to compare Jackson, Thomas, and Mauluga with DANIEL inconsequential BITULI.

You're just wrong....save these posts and come back and talk to me and tell me I'm wrong when Bituli actually makes more than a practice squad.

apples and oranges you arrogant wretch....in trying to compare Jackson, Thomas, and Mauluga with DANIEL inconsequential BITULI.

You're just wrong....save these posts and come back and talk to me and tell me I'm wrong when Bituli actually makes more than a practice squad.
Bookmark em yourself. Not sure why you detest the guy, but you ending up right or wrong on any predictions about him isn’t a priority for me. And what’s with the “arrogant” crutch with you? You always a little bisch when someone disagrees with you? 😎

Bituli had a grade of 5.4. Wasn’t he the one that had surgery so he wasn’t going to participate? It was surgery on his leg so he wouldn’t do any drills except the bench press.

Attachments

• 9636B6F1-69B4-49B9-84B0-F60207849A42.png
    9636B6F1-69B4-49B9-84B0-F60207849A42.png
    330.4 KB · Views: 19
I wonder what JJ's first 10 and 20 splits were. They didn't look bad. Once he hits top speed phase, his running mechanics are awful. He should really work with a sprints coach.

Reactions: Remy
I wonder what JJ's first 10 and 20 splits were. They didn't look bad. Once he hits top speed phase, his running mechanics are awful. He should really work with a sprints coach.
It really is kinda puzzling,kid has all the tools to make a squad.His heart and love for the game is sumthing u can’t teach on that alone and toughness he’s worth a late flier.Worse case I could see him being a beast on Special teams,good 3rd down guy to go to Few fade routes for a td.I don’t think he will ever be elite but enuff time n work he could make sum money for himself.

Jennings, my brother, what happened? Nobody expected Jennings to light up this event, but a 29” vertical jump is hard not to notice. Add to that an ugly 9’1” broad jump and you wonder if the guy has ever left the ground in his life. He followed all that up with a 4.73 40-yard dash. Definitely not the type of night he needed to help his stock in a loaded class.

Kirby was trying to recruit him as a DB back in the day. Looking at those numbers that kind of makes sense but I will argue nobody is better at getting to a ball than he is.

I loved watching JJ play. But always felt he should’ve been a safety.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I get the fact that you gonna support the guys that played here but lets be real Jennings didnt create much separation from anybody. He just use his strength alot of times to get the ball. I think he still got a shot of getting drafted. Callaway may get picked up.

Betcha thing Brandon will go top 10 next year. I’m i right?

I get the fact that you gonna support the guys that played here but lets be real Jennings didnt create much separation from anybody. He just use his strength alot of times to get the ball. I think he still got a shot of getting drafted. Callaway may get picked up.
He created seperation. But couldnt get the ball thrown fast enough to use take advantage...see IU game. Had huge seperation on out route.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Another reason I don’t get swept up in NFL Combine nerdiness. Good information for tiebreakers, but worrying about hip and butt explosiveness indicates you missed the exit 3 stops back. As a Bears fan, one of my favorite Combine Moments of Zen...
View attachment 263605

Call me crazy, but I believe we have a guy like him in our team.
Alontae Taylor

JJ and DWA have had surprising performances thus far. A 4.7 and a 4.9 I seriously didn't see that coming. I really hope they can improve on that at pro day. I haven't seen JJ's second run yet though

I thought DWA would be a tad faster than JJ actually. I thought he could get 4.68 or something like that. I looked at his gut during the workout and he didn't train hard enough.

Jennings has always been 4.7. That's what he is. And still gets open and dawgs his opponents as a blocker.

Bituli got 15 more reps than I would but this has to be a low number for the LB’s. This won’t help him climb any draft boards but still hoping he finds a way to impress 1 team and makes it to the league.

With a 6-11 wing span it would be hard to bench a lot.

Many S&C programs have an assistant who also coaches speed. I think Stucky had one on his staff in the 1990s. If not, I am sure the tack program have one who could lend a helping hand.

Many S&C programs have an assistant who also coaches speed. I think Stucky had one on his staff in the 1990s. If not, I am sure the tack program have one who could lend a helping hand.
Some dudes just don't have it, but he looks so stiff when running full speed. To be fair, his body has taken a beating. He is a player and would be a good add to the right roster.

JJ had a terrible combine. He was nearly last in all measurables at WR in a deep class of receivers. I think his numbers alongside his past history is going to drop him out of the draft. It's not easy to make it in the NFL as an undrafted WR if that happens. JJ should also never be compared to Jerry Rice.
Yeah every time someone has a slow 40 time they drag out Rice's time. But Rice left college with 300 catches, 4,600 yards and once caught 27 TDs in a season and was double covered every game

Let's face facts, the combine shows that in pure athletic ability, we've been at a real disadvantage these last 3-4 years. It really shows how our 8-5 record last year (and it could be argued that should have been 10-3 with those two unexplainable loses early on) was a tribute to the resiliency of the coaching staff and some very good young players. The future is looking good if we develop that talent (getting a little worried with the instability of the staff).

Now it's true the combine doesn't tell you anything about game skill and there are players every year that make a team and even have nice careers after being either late round choices or free agents. I think that's what we're going to have to hope for with JJ or Bituli or the rest of the guys. It's just so tough for those guys in trying to get noticed and getting the reps in training camp and it's going to get harder if they go with this new CBA and the significant drop in contact practices. If JJ can get into the 3rd round he'll make a team, same with Taylor. Going to be harder with Bituli, Warrior and Callaway.

They'll all do well, and be huge bargains, in the draft. I wish them well.

VN Store

Back