Next gen console power (PS5 and Xbox Series X)

Can't dump? Worst case they just get returned to the store.

I was going to sell some for a profit but I was nice and sold 2 xboxes and a ps5 at retail for friends. Made a lot off 360s back in the day. Just didn't have the energy this time around. Or maybe I'm older and don't want to be a dick. Who knows.
I for one, appreciate it

Reactions: DrRosenRosen
Well sold my series X for what I paid. Just don’t see the need in having both consoles at this point and the series X didn’t do anything to wow me. Not taking anything away from it, just don’t think I would spend much time on it at all with the PS5 on the other side of the tv. Sold rather quick even for being “used”.
Meh, with the box I'm sure some kid will be happy at Christmas

The exclusives just aren't really there for Xbox (Halo, yawn). And for me, part of it goes with who has what for multiplayer (although with cross play, I see this as more of a non-issue moving forward).

Well sold my series X for what I paid. Just don’t see the need in having both consoles at this point and the series X didn’t do anything to wow me. Not taking anything away from it, just don’t think I would spend much time on it at all with the PS5 on the other side of the tv. Sold rather quick even for being “used”.
I haven't opened my Series X. Still undecided. I may upgrade my PC graphics card instead. I love game pass, but I'll likely play those games on PC anyway.

The design of the ps5 may look cool but it's so massive it looks out of place no matter where you put it. While the ps5 looks bigger in person, I thought the XSX looked a bit smaller in person than I anticipated.

The haptic triggers are really cool, and I could see that being enjoyable addition for some games, but for the most part, I think most people end up turning that feature off. I thought it would be cool to have different haptics for every gun in call of duty. But while that might be a decent addition to the campaign I suppose, it just gets in the way in multiplayer. Curious if Bearcat agrees.

The PS5 interface is new and looks flashy. I like it because it's different and new. It's dark and modern. But I'm not sure it's quite as intuitive as the old software was, at least not yet. Maybe that's a premature statement after one day.

This is a fairly good summary of the pros and cons of each.

The haptic trigger makes it more realistic kinda. I like it, and have left it on.

Can't dump? Worst case they just get returned to the store.

I was going to sell some for a profit but I was nice and sold 2 xboxes and a ps5 at retail for friends. Made a lot off 360s back in the day. Just didn't have the energy this time around. Or maybe I'm older and don't want to be a dick. Who knows.

Technology is beyond what there was in the 360 days. Scalping without a bot now puts you in the same boat as everyone else. You literally can’t buy them fast enough as the bots used do the transaction on the back end. No add to cart or info input.

To me, the 3080 Ti will be right there with it in the "not worth it for strictly gaming" category as well.

That will be an interesting card to watch. Also will be interesting to see if Nvidia releases Super versions of all the current cards. I assume they will. What's really wild is that we are technically already at the 8K gaming era. I know that's insane overkill for just about everyone but it does have major VR implications. To get VR where it needs to be is going to require massive GPU horsepower.

That will be an interesting card to watch. Also will be interesting to see if Nvidia releases Super versions of all the current cards. I assume they will. What's really wild is that we are technically already at the 8K gaming era. I know that's insane overkill for just about everyone but it does have major VR implications. To get VR where it needs to be is going to require massive GPU horsepower.

They will and wouldn't be surprised if the Super versions aren't on the 7nm node from TSMC. And I'm just not interested in the 3080 Ti. Just way too pricey for my taste. But for VR, you need at to be doing 4K. I just wonder how many people are going out there a buying these 8K TVs and monitors. I'd assume for 8K VR you will need to SLI 2 3090s. I saw a report where they SLI'd 4 3090's because, and I quote, "we had the opportunity and went for it." Can't argue with that lol

They will and wouldn't be surprised if the Super versions aren't on the 7nm node from TSMC. And I'm just not interested in the 3080 Ti. Just way too pricey for my taste. But for VR, you need at to be doing 4K. I just wonder how many people are going out there a buying these 8K TVs and monitors. I'd assume for 8K VR you will need to SLI 2 3090s. I saw a report where they SLI'd 4 3090's because, and I quote, "we had the opportunity and went for it." Can't argue with that lol

Well you have to do 4K per eye, so that's where the "8K power" comes from (although 4K per eye isn't 8K, it still requires massive horsepower).

I think that the super powerful GPUs that will come after this generation will be geared towards VR. Because you're right, I don't see 8K TVs or monitors catching on for a really long time. But Nvidia and AMD gotta keep upping the ante and selling GPUs somehow. Oculus said a while back that they are targeting 2022 for 4K per eye VR headsets. I would imagine Valve and other VR headset manufacturers are probably looking at a similar timeframe.

VR is still held back by some technical issues but once people can slip on a lightweight headset with nearly imperceptible pixels and a huge FOV it will be a total gamechanger for it. But it needs massive GPU power to get there. I think we are still probably 2-3 GPU generations away from it being accessible outside of top of the line cards and a $1,500 rig.

Well you have to do 4K per eye, so that's where the "8K power" comes from (although 4K per eye isn't 8K, it still requires massive horsepower).

I think that the super powerful GPUs that will come after this generation will be geared towards VR. Because you're right, I don't see 8K TVs or monitors catching on for a really long time. But Nvidia and AMD gotta keep upping the ante and selling GPUs somehow. Oculus said a while back that they are targeting 2022 for 4K per eye VR headsets. I would imagine Valve and other VR headset manufacturers are probably looking at a similar timeframe.

VR is still held back by some technical issues but once people can slip on a lightweight headset with nearly imperceptible pixels and a huge FOV it will be a total gamechanger for it. But it needs massive GPU power to get there. I think we are still probably 2-3 GPU generations away from it being accessible outside of top of the line cards and a $1,500 rig.

I honestly haven't cared much about VR. Just too expensive to get into right now. Yeah, it's cool and it's probably because I have never tried it, but I'm good without it right now. Still, I agree and think that VR is the next step before 8K comes around. I just don't know if I want it to be. Just another reason to increase the price of literally everything.

I haven't opened my Series X. Still undecided. I may upgrade my PC graphics card instead. I love game pass, but I'll likely play those games on PC anyway.
Yeah I'm going to build with AMD parts after the first of the year. I can get all those on Gamepass

3090 seems like a huge ripoff. It’s double the cost of a 3080 for not that much more performance.
I'm not opposed to spending less money. :)

I haven't really spent much time looking at performance of those, to be honest. Sounds like maybe 3070-3080 is where I need to be.

Reactions: Aesius
I'm not opposed to spending less money. :)

I haven't really spent much time looking at performance of those, to be honest. Sounds like maybe 3070-3080 is where I need to be.

You should watch some videos from Gamers Nexus on their GPU testing of the new GPUs. They do a really good and thorough job.

True, I was fully expecting it to look amazing and play clunky, but it absolutely does not. The only really noticeable thing is players with upgraded faces in the same screen next to "generic" players (2K created faces), it's a comical difference.

Sounds like you need to have a team with everyone having the same face!

VN Store

Back