Next gen console poll: XSX, PS5, PC or none?

Which are you buying?

• Total voters
We'll have to wait a little while. The PS5/XSX upgrade patches for Cyberpunk aren't due out until sometime in 2021 I think.

Just read an article that there is supposedly a huge Day 1 patch. So if that is true then it's going to be more than the ~70 GB download after everything is said and done.

Just read an article that there is supposedly a huge Day 1 patch. So if that is true then it's going to be more than the ~70 GB download after everything is said and done.

Yeah I saw that. However I don't think the day one download includes the next gen upgrade patch. I could be mistaken but I thought I read where CDPR said that wouldn't come until 2021 sometime.

Yeah I saw that. However I don't think the day one download includes the next gen upgrade patch. I could be mistaken but I thought I read where CDPR said that wouldn't come until 2021 sometime.

Yep, the Day 1 patch is going to be large. The size of an actual game. Geez lol. But for the "next gen patch" you're correct. I think I read some time late Q1.

I snagged a 5600X in a combo deal with a Samsung 980 Pro 250 GB M.2 drive tonight! Now all I need is a 3080 and my upgrade will be complete.

Congrats!

You actually gonna use that 250 GB SSD? Even my 500 GB SSD feels really cramped these days, especially with Windows 10 installations often taking up around 30 GB and many games being in the 60-80 GB range.

Reactions: zhangliao04
Congrats!

You actually gonna use that 250 GB SSD? Even my 500 GB SSD feels really cramped these days, especially with Windows 10 installations often taking up around 30 GB and many games being in the 60-80 GB range.

I honestly don't know. It's the new 980 Pro M.2 with the new insanely fast PCIe 4.0 read/write speeds so I would obviously use it as my OS drive. But I also have another 1 TB HDD, 2 500 GB SATA SSD's, and most likely getting a 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 M.2 for Christmas. So I have quite a bit of storage space. I could always send the 980 Pro back and get $80 back, but it's so tempting to keep it as my OS drive and add a 2-3 games to it because the MoBo I just purchased for my 5600X comes with 2 PCIe 4.0 connections.

Reactions: Aesius
I honestly don't know. It's the new 980 Pro M.2 with the new insanely fast PCIe 4.0 read/write speeds so I would obviously use it as my OS drive. But I also have another 1 TB HDD, 2 500 GB SATA SSD's, and most likely getting a 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 M.2 for Christmas. So I have quite a bit of storage space. I could always send the 980 Pro back and get $80 back, but it's so tempting to keep it as my OS drive and add a 2-3 games to it because the MoBo I just purchased for my 5600X comes with 2 PCIe 4.0 connections.

Yeah, might be worthwhile to do your OS plus 1-2 games that you're regularly playing.

I only have a standard 500 gb PCI-E M.2 drive (not NVME) and a 2 TB HDD. I keep a big selection of games on the HDD and then just transfer them over to the SSD when I want to play them.

Yeah, might be worthwhile to do your OS plus 1-2 games that you're regularly playing.

I only have a standard 500 gb PCI-E M.2 drive (not NVME) and a 2 TB HDD. I keep a big selection of games on the HDD and then just transfer them over to the SSD when I want to play them.

The reason I have so much storage is I originally was going to put my OS on the 1 TB NVME. Also, one of the 500 GB SATA SSD's was meant for my laptop, but it still had blue screen issues so I got fed up with it and just placed the SSD in my tower.

I am looking at upgrading to a PS5 from a Xbox One X. I haven't had a Sony console since PS2, and IMHO Microsoft's Xbox offerings are getting stale, and I can play Forza, Forza Horizon and Halo on my PC through Xbox's PC Game Pass.

My system of preference is still a rocking PC. I need to upgrade soon, but my Intel 4790K (overclocked to 4.5ghz) and Geforce 1060 is still getting the job done!

I'm leaning towards none of the above. I'll play on my current PC and get a new graphics card in the next couple years.
My son has a gaming PC and Xbox series X and playing the same game on both he could tell the PC lagged compared to the xbox. It may be the SSD in the Xbox is why.

Last edited:
My son has a gaming PC and Xbox series X and playing the same game on both he could tell the PC lagged compared to the PC .
giphy.gif

Reactions: K-town Vol Fan
Obviously the PC wasn't as good as the PC but it's not too far off from the PC version.
My son has a gaming PC and Xbox series X and playing the same game on both he could tell the PC lagged compared to the xbox. It may be the SSD in the Xbox is why.

If he is running this game on a spinning-disc drive for his PC then this is absolutely what it is. Assuming you have the settings set correctly regarding his CPU and GPU.

Reactions: rocytop2624
It was a $900 computer from 2 years ago it does 1440 at 120hz but it's a hdd hard drive and DDR5 ram where the Xbox has DDR6 I was surprised that a console out did a PC is all. It's a Microsoft download so you can play it on PC also

I just read an article about how ASUS is, as of right now, increasing the MSRP of all of their 3000 and 6000 series NV and AMD graphics cards. Just for a glimpse into how much, a new 3070 will be the old cost of a 3080.

I guess that pushes me to EVGA unless others follow in suite with ASUS.

I just said screw it last night and bought a 2TB NVMe SSD. Thought long and hard about buying a 4TB, actually. Game sizes are getting huge and the idea of not really having to worry about running out of space for a long, long time is appealing. Also love the idea of having most of my library installed and just being able to play anything on a whim. Right now I either have to redownload games or transfer them back and forth from my 2TB HDD to my 500GB SSD.

As a bonus, the new drive loads games about 100% faster than my current SSD.

I just said screw it last night and bought a 2TB NVMe SSD. Thought long and hard about buying a 4TB, actually. Game sizes are getting huge and the idea of not really having to worry about running out of space for a long, long time is appealing. Also love the idea of having most of my library installed and just being able to play anything on a whim. Right now I either have to redownload games or transfer them back and forth from my 2TB HDD to my 500GB SSD.

As a bonus, the new drive loads games about 100% faster than my current SSD.
Same. I have a 2TB Adata NVMe and an 8TB Barracuda HDD. I run the OS and any games I play often that benefit from increased load speeds on the SSD, and all my other games on the HDD. I got tired of having to worry about managing disk space, and I don't regret the decision at all. Just be careful with the NVMe drives after the recent reports of manufacturers pulling a bait and switch on the quality of most of the components.

VN Store

Back