Next gen console poll: XSX, PS5, PC or none?

Which are you buying?

• Total voters
Sending mine to Microsoft tomorrow. Keeps randomly powering off. Only happens on 2k21 but thats all I play 60% of the time. I played 3 games of Rec tonight with friends and it shut off all 3 games. I'm done.

Reactions: ninerplaya57
It’s definitely overheating

Idk. There's no error message about overheating. Its sitting out in the open, no obstruction to airflow whatsoever. Also plugged it into the wall instead of my power strip, didn't do anything. It also seems to be getting progressively worse. When I first got it it would only shut down in 2k21 team practice mode. Then it started shutting down in park, now its doing it in rec.

I've seen a handful of people on reddit that were having the same issues. They sent theirs in for repair and got a completely different Xbox back, different serial number and all.

Idk. There's no error message about overheating. Its sitting out in the open, no obstruction to airflow whatsoever. Also plugged it into the wall instead of my power strip, didn't do anything. It also seems to be getting progressively worse. When I first got it it would only shut down in 2k21 team practice mode. Then it started shutting down in park, now its doing it in rec.

I've seen a handful of people on reddit that were having the same issues. They sent theirs in for repair and got a completely different Xbox back, different serial number and all.

I would imagine at this point it's easier to just replace consoles rather than fix them. Hope it's swift and you get a good one.

This could also be something like a bad seal on the heathsink/cooling on the cpu or graphics chip causing it to overheat without you really knowing it.

How much improved is the battery life of the dual sense PS5 controller?

I'd say roughly double the battery life of the DS4. Still not great but better than last gen. The controller itself though is awesome. By far it's been my favorite part of next gen so far (along with the faster loading).

Only issues I’ve had with the XSX is after charging a battery pack, the controller is no longer synced with the Xbox. Only fix is a hard reset.

I'm kind of dumb about this kind of stuff but why exactly are the PS5 and Xbox Series X still so hard to find? Is it still because many are mostly staying home so these things still being gobbled up? Is it the scalpers have just killed the market? I got why before Christmas they were hard to find but I would think they'd be better by now.

Granted, I did get a PS5 so I guess it has for me at least, but still. It's like an event when new ones get released to stock.

I'm kind of dumb about this kind of stuff but why exactly are the PS5 and Xbox Series X still so hard to find? Is it still because many are mostly staying home so these things still being gobbled up? Is it the scalpers have just killed the market? I got why before Christmas they were hard to find but I would think they'd be better by now.

Granted, I did get a PS5 so I guess it has for me at least, but still. It's like an event when new ones get released to stock.
I have been wondering this as well. I don’t think I have ever seen the stock issue for a system last this long in my lifetime.

I have been wondering this as well. I don’t think I have ever seen the stock issue for a system last this long in my lifetime.
Everyone I know who has really wanted one has gotten one. Granted, that's like 7 people, but you just have to stay on top of it.

Forgot to update my situation. It took a total of 13 days to get an Xbox back once I sent mine off, but shipping was delayed because of the storms in Texas. I was pretty happy with that. It is a totally new Xbox, different seriel number. I've had 0 issues with this one. Glad I went ahead and sent it.

Reactions: DrRosenRosen
I'm about to dive in on buying one of the new consoles. I've been an xbox guy since the original.....before that I had both the PS1 and 2. Now I'm gonna choose between the Xbox and PS5 digital versions. I know that the PS5 digital is $100 more and I also know the PS5 has more storage. Here are my questions....which digital version is more powerful? Quicker load times? Graphical output? Is the Xbox series s a big improvement over the xbox one?

Gimme some feedback guys. I would appreciate it.

The PS5 digital is the same power as the regular PS5, just $100 off. The Series S is much weaker than the Series X. I think the S is slightly less powerful than the Xbox One X. Can't remember all the specs off the top of my head, but I think the Series S can only do 1440p and the PS5 digital does full 4K.

I'm about to dive in on buying one of the new consoles. I've been an xbox guy since the original.....before that I had both the PS1 and 2. Now I'm gonna choose between the Xbox and PS5 digital versions. I know that the PS5 digital is $100 more and I also know the PS5 has more storage. Here are my questions....which digital version is more powerful? Quicker load times? Graphical output? Is the Xbox series s a big improvement over the xbox one?

Gimme some feedback guys. I would appreciate it.

If you’re deciding between series s or ps5 digital, I’d go ps5 hands down.

Reactions: oUTlaw
Got curious and looked at the PS5 and Xbox series X and they still show sold out at Best Buy and new egg. Figured production would have caught up to demand by now.

Got curious and looked at the PS5 and Xbox series X and they still show sold out at Best Buy and new egg. Figured production would have caught up to demand by now.
Been looking for a few days now since my PS4 stopped working. It’s been about impossible to catch one in stock.

Been looking for a few days now since my PS4 stopped working. It’s been about impossible to catch one in stock.

I’ve gotten 3 from Walmart. The best chance is usually Thursday at 3 pm. That seems to be their standard restock day although they don’t do it every Thursday. It seems easier to do it with the app as opposed to the web page as well. Need to have all your info locked and loaded and just keep trying as long as the “Add To Cart” tab is there. If you get it in the cart and get “sold out” at the end just leave it in your cart until the next restock time which is usually every 10 minutes until they run out. The last one I got I had ordered on March 18th and it took almost a month to get.

I’ve gotten 3 from Walmart. The best chance is usually Thursday at 3 pm. That seems to be their standard restock day although they don’t do it every Thursday. It seems easier to do it with the app as opposed to the web page as well. Need to have all your info locked and loaded and just keep trying as long as the “Add To Cart” tab is there. If you get it in the cart and get “sold out” at the end just leave it in your cart until the next restock time which is usually every 10 minutes until they run out. The last one I got I had ordered on March 18th and it took almost a month to get.
Thanks for the heads up. I follow a few Twitter pages that update restocks and they said this week should be a good week. Hoping to grab one.

Picked up a Series X (Target).

Pre-ordered Flight Simulator
Have you studied up on Game Pass yet? It's a really good deal with all the EA and Bethesda titles included. I like a lot of the smaller indie games on there as well.

Have you studied up on Game Pass yet? It's a really good deal with all the EA and Bethesda titles included. I like a lot of the smaller indie games on there as well.
Yea. They have $1 for the first 3 months

VN Store

Back