New Lindsey Nelson Stadium | Baseball Premium Seating Opportunities

Looks like the same rendering we've seen before. The question is: What does it mean "the University plans to initiate the design phase ......"?

For most projects that is multi-stepped:

1) Concept Plans - 30% complete (looks like those are already done)
1A) ) Jurisdiction Review & approval
2) Design Documents - 65% complete
2A) Jurisdiction Review and Approval
3) Contract Documents - 100% complete
3A) Jurisdictional Review and Approval
4) Bonding (Probably waived here)
5) Bidding Phase and Contract Award
6) Construction Phase

Hopefully, for the sake of time, they have already received at least informal review and approval of the Concept Plans and are working on the DD's and will submit this fall. If they really fast track it, they might start some phases of construction in summer, 23, with the bulk to be built in summer 24. That's an "edcuated" guess at the earliest completion time, UNLESS they have been working behind the scences to submit the DD's and CD's for review already.
Would those be public documents?

Noticed AllVols.com had updated with more information about the renovation and offerings:

16541420318052330196298344f0466d_desktop.jpeg

4topps: $250 deposit per table
165414054568255848362982e818aa41_desktop.png

Club: $100 deposit per seat requested
165414080832185258662982f8873642_desktop.png

MVP: $100 deposit per seat requested
165414124319410987586298313b9f445_desktop.png

Loge: $250 deposit per loge
16541410288387344406298306491bd3_desktop.png

Suite: $1,000 deposit per suite
1654139636120713285262982af4da6af_desktop.png

Porch: $250 deposit per porch
16542598471384808332629a008767f33_desktop.png

Season Tickets: $50 deposit per seat requested

Link

Anyone putting in a reservation? Apologies if already posted. Go Vols!
Ooh...I really like these drawings. Keeps the intimacy and really upgrades the facility. Were there any showing the front of the stadium? That's the "first impression" so I hope they really dress that up, too.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Would those be public documents?

I'm not sure in this case. Normally they are for a private development or a government development. But it's unclear to me whether a University would have to make them public. I have read that UT must go through a State review by a review boardof their proposal to justify funding from the state, and that makes me wonder if those docs will be public or not. I don't practice in Tennessee so I don't know the customs there. Good question, Chuck.

Not sure if new information, posted today on Twitter.

I like the overall concept with the exception of where they have the visitors bullpen located. Just seems like a dumb place to put it. Get rid of that goofy row of umbrella tables right there and that's where the bullpen should go. JMO. FYI. TVM.

Did anyone that contributed to the new renovations get a letter of intent from the Tennessee Fund or will that come later?

Yeah, I haven't received anything either.

I actually had to call and rescue my season tickets. They sent an email out in September saying the deposit money I placed on the new options would be shifted toward my season tickets since the additions were still more than a year out.

Come to find out, nothing ever happened. When I never got anything on renewal, I called to see if my deposits had moved over and they seemed surprised I thought that would happen and told me my tickets had not been renewed. Thankfully it was only one day "late" and after sending them the September email...I got my tickets back.

They're definitely still in a learning curve with baseball.

Yeah, I haven't received anything either.

I actually had to call and rescue my season tickets. They sent an email out in September saying the deposit money I placed on the new options would be shifted toward my season tickets since the additions were still more than a year out.

Come to find out, nothing ever happened. When I never got anything on renewal, I called to see if my deposits had moved over and they seemed surprised I thought that would happen and told me my tickets had not been renewed. Thankfully it was only one day "late" and after sending them the September email...I got my tickets back.

They're definitely still in a learning curve with baseball.
Glad that worked out for you.

Updated Sales goal for the new stadium:

Suites sold: 8/6
Club seats sold: 161/300
Loge box sold: 7/25
4Topps sold: 64/50

Updated Sales goal for the new stadium:

Suites sold: 13/6
Club seats sold: 271/300
Loge box sold: 21/25
4Topps sold: 94/50

Also noticed this at bottom of Renovation page
Please note:
All deposit money will be credited towards your ultimate purchase price once the premium seating products are built.

All renderings and pricing are subject to change.

Seat selection for the new premium areas will occur in two groups. The first group includes all current premium season ticket holders and individuals who made a deposit prior to June 30, 2022. This group will have the first opportunity to select premium seats in the NEW Lindsey Nelson Stadium. Once this initial group has selected, Group 2, which includes all deposits made after June 30, 2022, will then select their premium seats. Additional communication will be sent out to all those who made a deposit.

Expected completion date and formal construction timeline is TBD. Help us build this quickly by making your deposit today!

Refunds will only be issued should your deposit not qualify you – based on priority points and donor rank – for the premium seating product you applied for.

Ticket prices do not include state and local sales tax and city amusement tax. Total taxes equate to 13.75% of a ticket price and are added to the ticket price at the time of purchase.

Should you not get the seating product you applied for, deposit monies will be redirected in a mutually agreed upon manner. (Example: putting deposit money towards priority fund contribution of another sport).

Glad that worked out for you.

You and me both. That's the best escape for the year for me. Like 30 little vacation days.

I'm holding out hope my 4 Top comes through in the future. They could build porches 6 levels high in both left and right and I still wouldn't have the rank for those given the demand for them.

I'm just hoping they loop the 4 Tops in with the porch section and let us bring in our own stuff...

You and me both. That's the best escape for the year for me. Like 30 little vacation days.

I'm holding out hope my 4 Top comes through in the future. They could build porches 6 levels high in both left and right and I still wouldn't have the rank for those given the demand for them.

I'm just hoping they loop the 4 Tops in with the porch section and let us bring in our own stuff...
I put a deposit on a 4 topp also. TN Fund has recevied 94 deposits for a goal of 50 on the 4topps so I would bet those are here to stay.

Person with the TN Fund told me yesterday should be releasing more info on the renovations this summer. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the expectation to be ready for the 2024 season or am I wrong?

I put a deposit on a 4 topp also. TN Fund has recevied 94 deposits for a goal of 50 on the 4topps so I would bet those are here to stay.

Person with the TN Fund told me yesterday should be releasing more info on the renovations this summer. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the expectation to be ready for the 2024 season or am I wrong?

I think you're mostly correct. My guess is it will take a couple seasons to finish everything so maybe the permanent porches and left field/3B line before 24, and the Press Box/Suites prior to 25?

I thought there was going to be some info released at the First Pitch banquet?

Reactions: Volfanatic_20
Campus Investments Include New Buildings, Stadium Upgrades

Projects in design
Lindsey-Nelson-Stadium-renovations.jpg.jpeg

An artist rendering shows a bird’s-eye view of the new Lindsey Nelson Stadium. Enhancements include seating, food, lighting, and sound and visual updates.Design kicked off in January for the multiphase Lindsey Nelson Baseball Stadium project, which will fully update the iconic facility. Enhancements include all areas of the fan experience with seating, food, lighting, and sound and visual updates. For 2023, fans will find third-level porches and chair backs along the right field line. New seating and amenities will be available along both the first- and third baselines starting in 2024. All renovations are planned to be complete in time for the 2025 season.

I think my expectations have been out of whack. At least in my mind, I expected a large majority of work to be done between the end of this year and the start of 24. Wishful thinking I guess.
While I didn't expect it to be completed in one off season, I certainly didn't expect 5 years. Hope this is quick enough to keep Tony V happy.

VN Store

Back