New Lindsey Nelson Stadium | Baseball Premium Seating Opportunities

That's a good discussion topic.

Apparently, TV said on the radio the other day that the new stadium will have ~ 6,500 permanent seats with ~ 2,000 more tickets that could be sold for big games in standing areas.

Thoughts on that potential seating capacity? More, less or just right?
They needed to extend the upper level seating on out past the dugouts. There’s no substitute for seats in that area for atmosphere. The upper level seating proposed looks limited and awkward to access. Should have also figured a way to have some balcony seating off the wall of the practice facility.

taylorvol

They needed to extend the upper level seating on out past the dugouts. There’s no substitute for seats in that area for atmosphere. The upper level seating proposed looks limited and awkward to access. Should have also figured a way to have some balcony seating off the wall of the practice facility.
Like both suggestions. the balcony seating off the practice field could be like Wrigley but just in a different location.

GUNTERSVOL

VOL FROM BIRTH
That's a good discussion topic.

Apparently, TV said on the radio the other day that the new stadium will have ~ 6,500 permanent seats with ~ 2,000 more tickets that could be sold for big games in standing areas.

Thoughts on that potential seating capacity? More, less or just right?
It seems to me it could be designed as proposed EXCEPT make the standing room areas used for more of the picnic type areas BUT designed to convert to bleacher type seating for SEC and post season. None of those sold as season tickets to maintain flexibility of when to add the seating. Some of those PGA type temps should be available most of the year. In the old days Stokely had that flexibility for track and field. Both would support more permanent concession and restroom areas. I am not sure what our usable footprint really is, but saw a bunch of on campus stadiums with too many berm areas. Maybe something cool like terraced risers with properly spaced center mounts for drop in picnic tables that when desired the mounts also supported solid and secure drop in bleachers. Have not figured out the storage of the changeable pieces, but we have an engineering school over there to work it out. Maybe every other row is fixed and the unfixed row converts from table height to the matching drop in seating. So a four top is side by side. I always noticed in Neyland that if they raised the row in front of me to the right height it would have worked for more than a foot rest.

VN Store