Netflix

Lupin - good stuff
Two episodes in. Very entertaining. English Dub isn’t as distracting as I expected.
sorry but I'll disagree. I got thru about 4-5 episodes and couldnt take it anymore. Plot holes, bad story line. Every police man he fought acted like they were hired straight out of a temp agency. I was done when he kidnapped the detective and Lupin was drilling him over his investigative proceedures and the detective folding like a cheap napkin. Any police detective with that much experience as he had would have defending his professional work to the death, not wimper down to a layperson with an agenda who didnt know all the facts of the case.

sorry but I'll disagree. I got thru about 4-5 episodes and couldnt take it anymore. Plot holes, bad story line. Every police man he fought acted like they were hired straight out of a temp agency. I was done when he kidnapped the detective and Lupin was drilling him over his investigative proceedures and the detective folding like a cheap napkin. Any police detective with that much experience as he had would have defending his professional work to the death, not wimper down to a layperson with an agenda who didnt know all the facts of the case.
I mean, he was French...
There are only 5 episodes. You almost made it to the end! It was a nice time waster with little new TV.

"Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel" 7/10

This documentary adds backstory (maybe more than necessary) to the history of the hotel. If you don't know anything about this, you should give it a look. It tries to be creepy and it is - a little bit.

Last edited:
I will edit.

I'm really glad I didn't know.

The mystery is what made it good and I wasn't disappointed by the verdict that it's an accident. To me, the reality that she just had a freakout is as scary as an extreme alternative...like that a hotel staffer was killing people. We all know somebody with bipolar and manic behavior. My closest friend here in the valley had a manic episode 3 years ago and he's lucky it didn't ruin his marriage and career. It woke me the **** up because I didn't even know he had mental health issues.

Oh, and the best part was the detective saying, "We checked the roof." avoiding whether or not they specifically checked the water tanks, one of which apparently wasn't even latched shut.

Food wars anime series on Netflix. Watch with your wife or girlfriend. Highly entertaining stuff!

My bad. I shoulda knew better than trust a shared FB post. Season three did come out on 3/27.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Tri-CitiesVol
Also got back into The Get Down. Really enjoyed the first season. Second season has held up so far...

I believe Hess is Mormon so it makes sense.

I kinda doubt he is anymore. I might be projecting but doesn't seem like this is a doc you would make if you are still all in on the church. He is the director that most represents me. He's my age. He did a Spanish speaking mission. Grew up Mormon mostly in a normal place (KC) then towards the end of HS he moved to a small Mormon town and experienced crazy culture shock. That's what Napoleon Dynamite was about. Kip and Napoleon were based on brothers he knew in KC and then the rest was Preston, ID. He left all the Mormonism out of it and made it completely secular but culturally, it was still on point.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back