Netflix

Disney sucks.

giphy.gif

Reactions: goldenvol
He’s got me ignored, but a monopoly on entertainment is a joke.

CBS, NBC compete on sports networking. Never mind all of the pro leagues have their own networks as well.
NBC and CBS compete on network TV.
Universal, Six Flags, Seaworld, Etc on theme parks.
Netflix ITT has been noted as a streaming and content competitor. As well as Sony, Amazon, etc.
Plenty of cruise lines.

Worst monopoly ever. All I read is fear that Netflix will lose to the appeal of Disney+. Add in the doubts that the debt fueled business model run by Netflix will last as competitors continue to emerge.

Disclaimer-I own shares of Disney.
I think Amazon will buy netflix

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
I think all the different streaming services balances out and the big boys ride it out. It’ll be Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and (unfortunately) Disney eating up the entities like Universal. Brand loyalty wins out. No way I pay $15 a month to 10 different services...that’s worse than cable.

A lot of interesting comments on the future of subscription pay entertainment sites. Just out of curiosity, how many of you all pay for internet or have premium internet services simply for streaming? Once it felt like you had to have it for work/school, but with having it available on multiple devices and most public places is it needed now? I’m not criticizing anyone, just being curious. I have unlimited on my cell phone service and can use hotspot too, so if I was paying for another service it would be for streaming. When I compare my current tv package, I always compare to the cost of internet plus the streaming services I would be adding.

I'm getting really close to cancelling Netflix altogether. As the other networks begin to discuss pulling their content for their own streaming services, I'm left with nothing that I actually want to watch.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
Big Friends fan I see.
Do people really sign up just for that crap? Netflix is coming out with new content every month. Some of their existing shows are great and other services would kill for them.

Not sure where all the hate comes from. They're losing Friends, The Office, and Marvel stuff. No loss for me. Their new content is really good.

Hot take: not saying it's a bad show, but Friends might be the most overrated show ever. I guess Big Bang Theory is in that convo.

Bigger hot take:

I put The Sopranos in that conversation, at least for dramas. I never watched it when it came out and finally started a few months ago and let's just say I'm less than impressed. It's good and all but it's nowhere near as good as the hype indicated to me and doesn't sniff the jockstrap of shows like Breaking Bad or The Wire. And honestly some of the acting is downright laughably bad.

Reactions: BadJerry20
Big Bang Theory is pure dogshit.

For sure, but its reception has always been mixed whereas Friends was the top show that bled over into culture. I never watched and I always knew what was going on with characters because everybody talked about it. BBT is a 4 and people act like it's a 7. Friends is a 7 and people act like it's a 10.

For sure, but its reception has always been mixed whereas Friends was the top show that bled over into culture. I never watched and I always knew what was going on with characters because everybody talked about it. BBT is a 4 and people act like it's a 7. Friends is a 7 and people act like it's a 10.

Jennifer Aniston's nipples.

Bigger hot take:

I put The Sopranos in that conversation, at least for dramas. I never watched it when it came out and finally started a few months ago and let's just say I'm less than impressed. It's good and all but it's nowhere near as good as the hype indicated to me and doesn't sniff the jockstrap of shows like Breaking Bad or The Wire. And honestly some of the acting is downright laughably bad.

Crap take. Gandolfini was transcendent in that role. Michael Imperioli was phenomenal. Steven Van Zandt, awesome. The episode where they chase the Russian through the snow is one of the greatest single episodes of TV ever made.

How do you know it is overrated if you never watched it? You rated something you never saw?

Reactions: VOLNPA
How do you know it is overrated if you never watched it? You rated something you never saw?

I shouldn't have said I never watched. I should say I was never a fan. I watched it on recommendation from others and didn't stick with it. If I was being social on a Thursday night (this was HS and college for me), I'd see at least some portion of the show.

VN Store

Back