Netflix

Crap take. Gandolfini was transcendent in that role. Michael Imperioli was phenomenal. Steven Van Zandt, awesome. The episode where they chase the Russian through the snow is one of the greatest single episodes of TV ever made.

Boo hoo.

Bigger hot take:

I put The Sopranos in that conversation, at least for dramas. I never watched it when it came out and finally started a few months ago and let's just say I'm less than impressed. It's good and all but it's nowhere near as good as the hype indicated to me and doesn't sniff the jockstrap of shows like Breaking Bad or The Wire. And honestly some of the acting is downright laughably bad.

You might be the only Wire fan that doesn't love the Sopranos. Weird. Those are my 2 favorite shows ever. Watching it now, you might be losing appreciation for how revolutionary it was. Soprano is the greatest TV anti-hero of all time. All the other big TV anti-heros have qualities that redeem them. Walter White's story is a story that starts with good intentions and ends in redemption and I didn't really like him (definitely enjoyed him). Omar Little only goes after people in the game, so it's easy to like him. There is almost nothing redeeming about Tony Soprano. He's legitimately a terrible guy, but he's a likable personality. The writing and acting needed to pull off a character like that is unparalleled.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
You might be the only Wire fan that doesn't love the Sopranos. Weird. Those are my 2 favorite shows ever. Watching it now, you might be losing appreciation for how revolutionary it was. Soprano is the greatest TV anti-hero of all time. All the other big TV anti-heros have qualities that redeem them. Walter White's story is a story that starts with good intentions and ends in redemption and I didn't really like him (definitely enjoyed him). Omar Little only goes after people in the game, so it's easy to like him. There is almost nothing redeeming about Tony Soprano. He's legitimately a terrible guy, but he's a likable personality. The writing and acting needed to pull off a character like that is unparalleled.

I can buy that had I watched it back when it came out, I'd probably like it more. And I can respect it is the pioneer of the dramas we have now. And I have no issue with the praise Gandolfini and some others got for their acting (though agian, some of the acting is quite bad). But for a show put #1 on so many lists, over other shows that I have watched and love, I think it's overrated.

Bigger hot take:

I put The Sopranos in that conversation, at least for dramas. I never watched it when it came out and finally started a few months ago and let's just say I'm less than impressed. It's good and all but it's nowhere near as good as the hype indicated to me and doesn't sniff the jockstrap of shows like Breaking Bad or The Wire. And honestly some of the acting is downright laughably bad.

Breaking bad was only good for two seasons, then it went to crap. The Soprano's was good every season.

Reactions: bignewt
I hardly think you're in any position to call anyone else "touchy"; considering how badly you've lost your sh** on here when someone doesn't think a Netflix movie/show is the best thing ever or brings up how great Disney is.

show how I lost my **** there drama queen.

I hardly think you're in any position to call anyone else "touchy"; considering how badly you've lost your sh** on here when someone doesn't think a Netflix movie/show is the best thing ever or brings up how great Disney is.

Newt is definitely the last person the board who needs to question someone for being touchy. You can't question anything Netflix does or he gets upset

Reactions: VolsSportsFan
Newt is definitely the last person the board who needs to question someone for being touchy. You can't question anything Netflix does or he gets upset

Yep, everything they have every produced should have won every award, from B.E.T. to the Tonys. I have 6 subscriptions, even ones for my dogs.

Love how ya'll paint a picture. Probably selling my stock tomorrow if the 2nd quarter financials come out good so you can all breathe a sigh of relief.

Yep, everything they have every produced should have won every award, from B.E.T. to the Tonys. I have 6 subscriptions, even ones for my dogs.

Love how ya'll paint a picture. Probably selling my stock tomorrow if the 2nd quarter financials come out good so you can all breathe a sigh of relief.

Touchy.

VN Store

Back