NCAA Open Jobs Thread

He'd probably trade his firstborn for the chance at another HC gig.

Sorry Landry, you won't be seeing Daddy again...

Anyway, while his name popped up here and there, you can see there aren't any big schools left on the list save BYU. And even that's a stretch as a "big name." But when you get recruited over by some of the other names that have filled HC positions? It's kind of a slap in the face.

Not that it's any less glorious since ol' Joey Freshwater deserves everything he's getting.

Kiffen and BYU; what a thought. :lol:

Has anyone heard any rumors about who may be the next BYU head football coach? I think if i were them i'd hire Utah State head coach Matt Wells.

I'm shocked Ruffin McNeill got fired at ECU. Really stupid move by East Carolina

The more I thought about it, the more I think there is something else going on behind the scenes with that firing. He's been successful and only had one bad year.

Call it my sneaky suspicion, but I think there's more to it...

The more I thought about it, the more I think there is something else going on behind the scenes with that firing. He's been successful and only had one bad year.

Call it my sneaky suspicion, but I think there's more to it...

I wouldn't doubt it at all:thumbsup:

Would like to see Ruffin McNeil get another shot somewhere. If not a HC job, then it would be great to see him re-unite with the Pirate out in Pullman, WA.

Reactions: 1 person
Navy HC Ken Niumatalolo being considered for the BYU opening.

I thought he would be a good fit at Iowa State when it was open, but BYU may be an even better fit.

might have a late entry into the carousel West Virginia: The Charleston Gazette-Mail reports a decision has yet to be made on head coach Dana Holgorsen’s future after wrapping up a 7-5 regular season. Holgorsen is 35-28 in five seasons

might have a late entry into the carousel West Virginia: The Charleston Gazette-Mail reports a decision has yet to be made on head coach Dana Holgorsen’s future after wrapping up a 7-5 regular season. Holgorsen is 35-28 in five seasons

Jeff Brohm or Ruffin McNeill might be good hires for West Virginia.

Bowling Green has a coach

Bowling Green: Texas Tech running backs / associate head coach Mike Jinks has been named head coach at Bowling Green. Jinks has been at Texas Tech since 2013 after spending the rest of his coaching career in the Texas high school ranks from 1996-2012. Don't be surprised if Jinks brings some Texas Tech staffers with him

Jeff Brohm or Ruffin McNeill might be good hires for West Virginia.

WKU admin must be thinking the same thing :)

Western Kentucky: Athletic director Todd Stewart tells the Bowling Green Daily News that head coach Jeff Brohm will receive a new contract after the bowl game.

Western Kentucky: Athletic director Todd Stewart tells the Bowling Green Daily News that head coach Jeff Brohm will receive a new contract after the bowl game.

I bet WV will be talking to Ruffin McNeill who would be a very good hire

Word a few weeks ago was some boosters are willing to take him over $1m by making up the difference. $1m+ is a damn fine living in Bowling Green, KY.

BYU: The Salt Lake Tribune reports BYU has reached out to Utah head coach Kyle Whittingham about the BYU head coaching job and Whittingham implied that he will listen. The school has also contacted Oregon State defensive coordinator Kalani Sitake and Stanford defensive coordinator Lance Anderson. BYU also has interest in Navy head coach Ken Niumatalolo, but may wait to directly reach out until after the Army-Navy game. The paper adds that BYU can pay up to $2 million for a head coach.

Cal: Head coach Sonny Dykes is nearing an agreement on a contract extension and raise, according to Fox Sports’ Bruce Feldman.

West Virginia: Head coach Dana Holgorsen will return in 2016, according to ESPN’s Brett McMurphy.

VN Store

Back