National media weighs in [face mask gate]

I would have run out of the stands, hugged my child, and consoled him after the attack.

Next, I would have found the coach and told him in no uncertain terms that he is to never lay a finger on little Jarett’s face mask again.

Finally, I would put him into counseling for the next year to help deal with the emotional aftermath of such a violent, unprovoked assault.

WAIT.. you forgot the most important thing. To have his lady parts examined to make sure he was ok down there.

Last edited:
Pruitt could lose his job for this one.. NFL coaches dont even do that. The fact that he did that on National TV. What if that was your son? This situation is bigger than football.

Pruitt should have made him go out front of the stadium, find a tree, and pick his own switch. Then Pruitt should have beat the hell out of him with it. I hope he never takes another snap at Tennessee.

Pruitt could lose his job for this one.. NFL coaches dont even do that. The fact that he did that on National TV. What if that was your son? This situation is bigger than football.
Probably shouldn't have done that but it's not like he jerked his head with it. He barely pulled on the face mask. If it was my son I would tell him to pull up his bootstraps and toughen up. Man our world has become so soft and PC.

And just like that Pruitt grabbing JG’s face mask and now everyone believes he is I great Coach! 🤣

I played football. A coach grabbing the facemask is preferred over the ol’ hitting your helmet with his whistle.

I somehow survived both though...

Huh? If it was my sin that was a 22 year old man, who just ****ed up at the goal line for the umpteenth time, I’d done more than tug his face mask.

So the national sports media, who mostly share the same brain and haven’t had an original thought since the football phone was introduced, have decided Pruitt tugging JGs face mask for a half second is tantamount to assault. It’s all over Twitter. They are climbing over each other to wave their virtue flags. It’s pathetic.
If it was Saban doing this, they would compliment how great of a hands on coach he is. Ridiculous

Listen, Nancy, go back to the effing kitchen! Clearly you never played this sport, we can see. If he were to lose his job over that it would be a bigger hoax than the Russian fiasco

I'd be a parent not an overreacting fan. If you're punishing your kid over A bad play in a football game you may have things out of order

When your kid pulls a boner like JG did and then ignores the coach that's chewing his butt out for ignoring the play call, he deserves a little talking to from a parent/person who MIGHT be looked at as an authority figure. If that concept bothers you, you should look in the mirror to see who is out of order.

Reactions: vols40
I swear this generation of wusses wouldn't have survived my generation of football or life in general. The complainers about this are in this new generation of no butt whoopins, freedom of speech as long as you say the right things, and just getting butt hurt over everything. They cry and bitch if you don't accept and approve of how they are and what they do. It's sickening to watch, people need to put their big boy and girl britches on and grow up. Life can be hard enough but those that are crybabies will never have a chance.That little tug of the face mask would've been nothing compared to what any of my coaches would've done, that would've been taking it easy on us. Grow up!!

Reactions: ptcarter

VN Store

Back