National media weighs in [face mask gate]

Why did you assume that? Also, running laps isn't getting yelled at...

I assumed it since you've been arguing that yelling at players as conventional wisdom should be questioned. Are you saying that yelling at players during the game is okay sometimes? What are the parameters of okay/not okay?

Didn't say running laps was being yelled at (of course it isn't). Did say it is humiliating since it is public punishment - it's just not verbal.

Then it must be the only way to do things.

Are we sure Saban would humiliate JG in this moment? Yelling like this at an all-American on your way to a playoff and yelling at Volnation's whipping boy in a dumpster fire of a season are two very different scenarios. I'm also willing to bet that JG wouldn't go rogue under Saban.
I hate to say this, but there is a huge reason, certainly not the only, but a huge reason why the season is a dumpster fire. It’s one thing to do what the coaches ask you to do and not be up to the task. It’s quite another to call your own number during the biggest moment of the game and the result be what it was . Matt Leinart did the same thing vs Notre Dame with the “Bush Push”. JG isn’t Matt Leinart and therefor has no leniency to disobey the call after the career he’s pieced together.

Then it must be the only way to do things.

Are we sure Saban would humiliate JG in this moment? Yelling like this at an all-American on your way to a playoff and yelling at Volnation's whipping boy in a dumpster fire of a season are two very different scenarios. I'm also willing to bet that JG wouldn't go rogue under Saban.
I'll repeat what you said....and I quote "I'm going after College/ HS conventional thinking" iast time I looked Saben is a College Coach!

So the national sports media, who mostly share the same brain and haven’t had an original thought since the football phone was introduced, have decided Pruitt tugging JGs face mask for a half second is tantamount to assault. It’s all over Twitter. They are climbing over each other to wave their virtue flags. It’s pathetic.

Don’t watch National Media....problem solved.

Reactions: vols40
I said in another thread...national media all over Pruitt about the one finger grab to the mask, but almost completely ignore (or make him out to be a hard nose good guy) Dabo and forcing the guy to ride a bus alone back to Clemson from Louisville...I'll be glad when the scales of public opinion are back in our favor.

Pruitt could lose his job for this one.. NFL coaches dont even do that. The fact that he did that on National TV. What if that was your son? This situation is bigger than football.
So when other coaches do it, it is a teaching moment. Things like this have happened before. But Tennessee can’t do it!!! Just like other issues in America we have the double standard!!!!

75210321_10211830079867646_743759576842633216_n.jpg

This was the caption:

"Wonder what Pat Summit would have thought about people not wanting her to get tough with her players????? She once called a surprise practice and made them run the court with trash cans at each corner so they could puke because they stayed out too late drinking the night before. And guess what? Those players respected and loved her for it. Ask any of them that played for her. Coach Pruitt .... be like Pat."

Reactions: tennesseepride84
Amazing at what you can get away with if you're a winning coach. It's either right or wrong, it shouldn't matter what the record is.

**Edit** Before I get flogged, I am absolutely not saying this or what Pruitt did is wrong... I don't.
I just detest the double standard!

VN Store

Back