Name one

wait……wait……wait, so your telling us Tennessee currently has the best D efficiency in KenPom history?

So even if somehow they were to lose every remaining game and finish with the worst D in basketball history…………”right now” they have the best D efficiency in KenPom history and it doesn’t even matter (for this thread) what happens from here on out. Because as of the post and now “one thing” without stretching…….and anyone can plainly see even maybe “one guy” that doesn’t even want to see.

probably should have went with “name 5 or name 10”

Reactions: volfanhill
IMO you are a hypocrite, you said everyone is entitled to their opinion and then began to tell me I’m wrong and should admit I’m wrong. I have my opinion, you have yours, only time will tell who is right or wrong. You are officially ignored.
It's still very early in the season, and we shouldn't overreact to one game (whether it's a win or a loss) ... but even though you posted over 20 times to this thread you started, you never did support your opinion with any substantive viewpoints. Just emotional banter.

Reactions: JoAllan
Still can’t admit Tennessee does at least ONE thing well?

This entire thread could have faded into the abyss……..if when shown facts you simply said “ok I guess they are good at something.”

Thing this team does well, there may be a couple if you really stretch it but I honestly can’t see one thing they do real well. It’s gonna be a tough year for basketball, mens and womens.

Elite defense, elite size/length except at guard which isn't terrible, shot blocking, great rebounding, good 3pt shooting from multiple players who can get hot any given night, very good transition defense, good team speed, elite assist ratio, fantastic pin down screens to free up shooters and cutters, quick hands for creating turnovers, bigs that pass very well, overall toughness, ZZ's and JP's ability to penetrate, very good (and clutch) FT shooting, a variery of body types and play styles, did I say defense?

Do those count as one? Backup PG and a baçk to the basket scorer are our major needs.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
I encourage everyone in this thread to google Coach Bill Self’s comments after the Tennessee game. He specifically talks about the Vols, and his comments are always blunt.

Here ya go, @walkenvol. Tom Izzo said the same thing about this team-Final Four material (cue the Barnes haters).

Self thinks this defense is elite and physical. So 3 THINGS Self thinks we do well-Defense, physicality, rebounding. I'm sure he knows nothing though.

"They are just so much more physical than what we are," Self said. "We don’t have the bodies to throw at them in a way that they can throw at us. I like his team. I think if they shoot the ball consistently behind the arc, they are going to be a hard team to deal with because they rebound and they can certainly defend.”

Self praised three elements of Tennessee's defense: Its rim protection, the way players use length to help defensively and the unit's ability to ruin screens.

"What I think that they do so good defensively is they blow up every screen with their physical presence and size," Self said. "So even if you set a down screen and you try to curl it, they do a good job riding guys off screen so the screen never really materializes.

"They are good at that. Really good. I wish we were.”

Kansas coach Bill Self thinks Tennessee basketball is Final Four good

Reactions: walkenvol
Here ya go, @walkenvol. Tom Izzo said the same thing about this team-Final Four material (cue the Barnes haters).

Self thinks this defense is elite and physical. So 3 THINGS Self thinks we do well-Defense, physicality, rebounding. I'm sure he knows nothing though.

Don’t forget Thad Matta comments: That’s not just a good team, that’s a great team.

Also, Mark Few gave some high praise as well.

Kansas coach Bill Self thinks Tennessee basketball is Final Four good

wait……wait……wait, so your telling us Tennessee currently has the best D efficiency in KenPom history?

So even if somehow they were to lose every remaining game and finish with the worst D in basketball history…………”right now” they have the best D efficiency in KenPom history and it doesn’t even matter (for this thread) what happens from here on out. Because as of the post and now “one thing” without stretching…….and anyone can plainly see even maybe “one guy” that doesn’t even want to see.

probably should have went with “name 5 or name 10”
Would you please go back in the kitchen and finish dinner?

Thing this team does well, there may be a couple if you really stretch it but I honestly can’t see one thing they do real well. It’s gonna be a tough year for basketball, mens and womens.

Bringing out the haters when they don't play a perfect game

VN Store

Back