My predictions for 2019

Never understood making W/L predictions for each game, as in reality they are more probabilistic than binary. Though I'll admit it is more fun to make a definitive statement on each opponent. I always do percentages for each game and run it through my simulator to see odds of various records, making a bowl, etc.

This year I have 6-6 and 7-5 equally being most likely.

75% chance of making a bowl and this is what I truly will be focused on this year.

Last edited:
How can all of you pick a W against Vandy? They destroyed us with a bowl game on the line????

Don't disagree, though Shurmur gone will sure help. Dude always played big against us. Big chip on his shoulder from the way he talked about us.

Vanderbilt is also 91st in returning production (predictor that they will have less success next year). We are the opposite. We could even things out quickly, but that's a big gap to close according to the last 2 games we have faced them.

BYU is terrible. Why should anyone expect us to lose to a bunch of mormons? Bronco Mendehall doesn't coach there anymore.
It’s not that BYU (who beat Wisconsin at Wisconsin last year) is great, it’s that Tennessee's program is in the dumpers and no team we play can’t beat us. It just is what it is.

And since we’re living in 2019 where everyone wants to be offended and label everybody, you’re clearly a rabid religionist. 😉

Reactions: 08Vol and Titan05
Yeah last play of that game our QB ate the ball and didn't even give the WRs chance to catch it.

This team will look a lot better once the QB change is made.

I am in San Antonio today. Ran into another tourist. He is from Knoxville. He is high on Mauer but he won’t get a chance to play. Imagine JG will start this season & next season also
Maybe a minor injury will bench JG for a game & replacement is a baller during that game and wins the starting role

Even if you are correct in your prediction of a performance increase, a 9-point swing per game over the 2018 performance would only net us one additional win in 2019.

9-3 is a (crack) pipe dream at the moment.
Well said. A net 9 point improvement over last year puts us at 6-6 and only 6 17+ point losses rather than the school record 6 25+ point we suffered last year. We have miles and miles of room for improvement just to get competitive in the SEC before we talk about winning 9 games....that’s foolish talk.

Reactions: 08Vol and Titan05
Been pretty spot on the last 5 years so thought I give it a go again. Will get a lot of hate for picks.

Realistic projection I would bet on

GA State -W. We win by 50 and volnation exclaims we are back

BYU -L. Close low scoring game could go either way. Volnation servers explode

Chat -W.
UF - L
UGA - L
MS State - L
Alabama - L
USCjr. - L
UAB - W
KY - W
Missouri - L
Vanderbilt-W

5 and 7 missing bowl again. Obv rooting for 6-6 and a bowl

Picks as a UT fan

GA State -W
BYU -W
Chat -W
UF - W
UGA - L just too good right now
MS State - W
Alabama - L. Just no
USCjr. - W
UAB - W
KY - W
Missouri - W
Vanderbilt-W

10-2 LFG

5 losses in a row, Pruitt should circle the wagons and pray for a miracle turnaround in year 3.

You lost all e-cred at UF - W. Every year it's the same song...UT is gonna beat Florida because Florida is a hot mess/trash. Every year UT fans crash back to reality. I'll believe UT over UF when I see it. Until then it stays in the preseason loss column.

As for the prediction game, I think 7 wins is achievable and a positive step forward. We'll need to get Solomon eligible and remain healthy. Getting Smith back would make the job a lot easier, but without him, I still think we can reach 7 wins with some luck. 6-6 is more likely. 8 would be extremely optimistic.

Been pretty spot on the last 5 years so thought I give it a go again. Will get a lot of hate for picks.

Realistic projection I would bet on

GA State -W. We win by 50 and volnation exclaims we are back

BYU -L. Close low scoring game could go either way. Volnation servers explode

Chat -W.
UF - L
UGA - L
MS State - L
Alabama - L
USCjr. - L
UAB - W
KY - W
Missouri - L
Vanderbilt-W

5 and 7 missing bowl again. Obv rooting for 6-6 and a bowl

Picks as a UT fan

GA State -W
BYU -W
Chat -W
UF - W
UGA - L just too good right now
MS State - W
Alabama - L. Just no
USCjr. - W
UAB - W
KY - W
Missouri - W
Vanderbilt-W

10-2 LFG
You are only off by four wins... 9-3. GBO!!!

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I am in San Antonio today. Ran into another tourist. He is from Knoxville. He is high on Mauer but he won’t get a chance to play. Imagine JG will start this season & next season also
Maybe a minor injury will bench JG for a game & replacement is a baller during that game and wins the starting role

That is certainly a possibility. Each of the past 2 seasons that has happened to him, from holding the ball or not being aware of where the pressure is coming from.

Reactions: 08Vol
No such thing as luck. We should be able to make and win a crap bowl against another crappy team this year.
If both teams are crappy, why should we win?

Didn't really mean luck, but unpredictable. Some kids sit out for the combine, others don't care, kids have Finals, holidays, family, it is just an absolute crapshoot. There's a reason most seasoned bettors stay farrr away from bowl games. Unless it is UT vs a B1G slum team.

By all means explain why. The whole we are TN and they are Vandy talk doesn’t work anymore. I would truly be interested in your thoughts about Vandy being an easy win.

Start with Riley Neal. If he's their starter...I like our chances. Lifetime 119 qbr...same as Justin Worley. Faced 2 P5 teams last year could only muster a 90 qbr in his better of 2 performances. Our secondary should feast.

VN Store

Back