My predictions for 2019

I think the reason many people here feel that way is how skewed it is the last 25-30 years. The all-time figures you quote may be accurate but most people on this board are probably under thirty and what happened in the 30s-60s is not very relevant. Since Spurrier got there, they have pretty much owned us in every way possible, including many years when we had the better team or at least equal team on paper. Spurrier and Florida lived in Fulmer's head rent free his entire tenure. The psychological effect of playing Florida now has reached epic proportions. Many think we will find a way to lose no matter what the teams look like going in. And it's going to stay that way til we can put together our own streak against them in this century.

Fulmer evened things against SOS in his last four seasons. From 98-01 Vols were 2-2 against Florida including the glorious 01 win in the swamp.

Georgia state - W
BYU - W
Chattanooga - W
FL - toss up
GA - L (contested)
Miss St. - W
Alabama - L ol
UsC- W
UAB - W
Kentucky - W
Missouri - toss up
Candy - W
Just what I honestly believe. Most people will point to Miss state and south carolina but I feel state has lost so much on both sides of the ball and I feel we finally get over the hump against Will Muschamp at home. Pruitt is really going to put a stamp on the defensive side of the ball this year. Jim Chaney will progressively get better throughout the season. Feel free to criticize away.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Last year was the big red flag.

Imagine: Win 3 point loss game to USC. Go to bowl game. More exposure. More bowl practices
Possible win & 7 -6 record. Then build on that in 2019

Last year’s team was a 3-win roster against that schedule. The NFL Draft bore that out. They won 5 because they beat 2 teams they shouldn’t have.

Red flag. That’s comical.

If Tennessee goes 6 and 6 with this schedule (beating Georgia State, Chattanooga, BYU, UAB,
Kentucky, Vanderbilt) and goes to a bowl beating some team in Big Ten like Indiana, who cares after the results of last 20 years ?...Not me

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Tennessee will win 8 games at worst and 9 games at best in 2019 and it will drive the expectations of the Tennessee fans and the Sports Media very high going into the 2020 season:cool:

2019 Football Time in Tennessee cover

FTM-Cover-2019.jpg

VN Store

Back