Multiple Level 1 Violations Discovered

Worst Losing 5-10 scholarships, multiple year bowl ban. Reduced recruiting opportunities.

Best Pruitt show cause, 2-4 scholarships lost.
No way this is as big as USC. Remember they did nothing to Miami and North Carolina. The AA is as pathetic as our team this year.

Reactions: Border Vol
Exactly. People who say Kiffin failed at USC did not see the scholarship restrictions he took on from Pete Carroll. Whatever restrictions we get then the new coach will be hampered from moderately to severely depending what gets sent down.
Yeah I’d take a depleted roster full of 5*.

Reactions: Border Vol
Well Bammers have a good laugh...Your boy Pruitt came here and did what you wanted, Destroyed our program....But we shall return!....And hopefully I am still alive when we do it.

I got ridiculed for even bringing up the idea that he would do it several months ago. Wasn’t trying to dig too deep, but something wasn’t right with the program so I threw the idea out there.

Ok so here is a big question. We thought Dooley left the program in bad shape. Butch walks in and ups the ante. Now Pruitt and fat ass Fulmer has left the program in complete shambles.

So how long does the next HC get? I realize many fans on here just automatically assume that if anHV doesn’t get it done in 3 years he is gone. Is that still the case? Is our situation right now exactly the same as many other programs?

You go hire Tom herman and tell man the clock doesnt even start until we are out of probation from ncaa

Yep, if Currie had pulled off the Leach hire we would be in better shape than we are now and that we will be the next 3-4 years. Fulmer’s machinations have been so damaging that they should consider removing his name from the street that touches Neyland Stadium.

Let's hope Fulmer wasn't the insider that spilled the beans on the recruiting impropriety, the way he Xanaxed through that awkward presser he gave enough signals he may have been the one, he's done some gum shoe detective work in his day trying to ferret out cheating off the field. If he ends up being the rat, agree the street needs to be renamed.

The fact that Fulmer is allowed to “retire” with his dignity may also suggest that the problems do not run too deep. Hopefully, it can be limited to poor supervision of an assistant by Pruitt.

Eh? It is pretty much the same way Baylor got rid of Ken Starr as president. They had no problem of laying the blame on Briles, but wanted to honor the screwup who they perceive should have prestige. In Phil's case, I am sure there will still be 50 or 60 dollar luncheons where his minions can hear him speak. Eventually.

I’m not upset that Pruitt specifically was fired, he was a joke. Im upset that we can’t seem to get anything right, on a consistent basis, when it comes to football.
Hell, we act like we’re Arkansas!
And honestly, they’re probably in a better place than we are and will be for the foreseeable future.
GBO!!
I agree. I'd say pretty much every other SEC team is in a better place than we are.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Good gawd ... Pruitt will be the gift that keeps on giving

No, Hamilton is the gift that keeps on giving. He started this morass with his coach firings and hiring for football, baseball, track, and tennis (mens). The only winner he hired was Pearl for basketball, but he of course got the university in trouble with ethics problems. Hamilton's curse is still in effect.

At what point do people stop giving a new coach the benefit of the doubt? When is job-performance relevant? To be sure nobody is expecting championships...but sanctions or not, why should we not expect a well-prepared and developed team, coupled with innovative and competitive scheme?

Not saying that. But slip ups happen. My stance stands. Whomever is the next HC, the first time he loses a game he shouldn’t, there will be idiots saying he isn’t the guy.

I got ridiculed for even bringing up the idea that he would do it several months ago. Wasn’t trying to dig too deep, but something wasn’t right with the program so I threw the idea out there.
There are not too smart down there in Alabama so if you still seriously believe that idea we know a little more about you.

No way this is as big as USC. Remember they did nothing to Miami and North Carolina. The AA is as pathetic as our team this year.

Yeah, but those schools did not wave the white flag on themselves. If you do that, and they dig in and find a few things you forgot?

1611033901339.png

I tend to agree with you... of course Alabama just loves Phillip Fulmer and would want to send him a little care package named Pruitt.

Reactions: Orange931
No, Hamilton is the gift that keeps on giving. He started this morass with his coach firings and hiring for football, baseball, track, and tennis (mens). The only winner he hired was Pearl for basketball, but he of course got the university in trouble with ethics problems. Hamilton's curse is still in effect.
I didn't realize Hamilton forced Pru into sloppy cheating.

VN Store

Back